Windows 10: Email address url ignored - like dead

Discus and support Email address url ignored - like dead in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Win10 20H2 I have an account with GMX.COM and a Firefox browser and 2 computers with uptodate Win10 connected by WiFi. On my HP I am suddenly unable to... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by ezwin10, Apr 7, 2021.

1. ezwin10 Win User

Email address url ignored - like dead

Win10 20H2
    I have an account with GMX.COM and a Firefox browser and 2 computers with uptodate Win10 connected by WiFi.
    On my HP I am suddenly unable to enter my email account. Insert to address bar, Enter - nothing happens except the TAB is marked Login.
    Different URL work fine. Adding Ethernet does nothing.
    Gmx.com works fine on other computer - Lenovo + Ethernet.
    HOSTS:
    # For example:
    #
    # 102.54.94.97 rhino.acme.com # source server
    # 38.25.63.10 x.acme.com # x client host

# localhost name resolution is handled within DNS itself.
    #127.0.0.1 localhost
    #::1 localhost
    # smartredirect.de has no IP address. It leads to adgoal.de. inserted 20201116ez
    # adgoal.de has the IP 85.13.154.241
    # source: Find IP Address - Lookup and locate an ip address
    85.13.154.241 adgoal.de

:)

ezwin10, Apr 7, 2021

2. old email addresses

Thank you for updating me HA.111

Here is the step to remove that old email address.

Start typing an email address into the “To” field. As soon as you see the old email address being recommended as one of the potential candidates, use the down arrow key to scroll through the list of suggestions. Once you highlight the old email address, type the delete key. In many cases, this will actually remove the entry not only from the current list of suggestions but from future suggestions as well. You may even find that as you mouse over the drop-down list the highlighted item will have an “x” to explicitly allow you to delete it.

Just do this step and your good to go.

Continue to have an escellent day HA.111

Best regards,

Anthony C. De Jesus

Independent Advisor

Anthony1129, Apr 7, 2021
  3. ezwin10 Win User

Win10 20H2
    I have an account with GMX.COM and a Firefox browser and 2 computers with uptodate Win10 connected by WiFi.
    On my HP I am suddenly unable to enter my email account. Insert to address bar, Enter - nothing happens except the TAB is marked Login.
    Different URL work fine. Adding Ethernet does nothing.
    Gmx.com works fine on other computer - Lenovo + Ethernet.
    HOSTS:
    # For example:
    #
    # 102.54.94.97 rhino.acme.com # source server
    # 38.25.63.10 x.acme.com # x client host

# localhost name resolution is handled within DNS itself.
    # 127.0.0.1 localhost
    # ::1 localhost
    # smartredirect.de has no IP address. It leads to adgoal.de. inserted 20201116ez
    # adgoal.de has the IP 85.13.154.241
    # source: Find IP Address - Lookup and locate an ip address
    85.13.154.241 adgoal.de

ezwin10, Apr 7, 2021
  4. Kari Win User

Additional email addresses

You are talking about two totally different things, contacts versus predictive text input in mail client.

In most email clients, like Windows Mail, when you start typing an address in TO, CC or BCC fields, the client does not pick the addresses suggested from your contacts. Instead, it suggests addresses you have sent email earlier, or addresses of those who have sent email to you.

If I now sent you an email, and you replied to it, next time when you write an email to someone whose address starts with K, my email address would be one of the suggested to you although I am not in your contacts.

Kari, Apr 7, 2021
Thema:

1. Email address url ignored - like dead - Similar Threads - Email address url

2. New laptop picked a dead email address.....!

in Windows 10 Customization
    New laptop picked a dead email address.....!: I recently got a new laptop, and I logged in with the email I usually use when logging into Microsoft.... But the administrator was set to an email address that I created for my son YEARS ago, which never got used and apparently I ut into my MS account for some reason at some...
  3. "This doesn't look like a work or school email address."

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    "This doesn't look like a work or school email address.": In the Microsoft Store, whenever I try to sign in to my gmail account that I use for microsoft things, it says the same message "this doesn't look like a work or school email address." The store automatically signs me in to my deleted gmail that I don't even remember the...
  4. URL hover popups on email

URL hover popups on email: These URL hover popups are the most irritating feature I have ever run into with email. They block the window you are trying to look at. How in the hell do I disable this extremely annoying ****???????!!!!!!!!!!!!...
  5. Email address

Email address: OK, I have been told that once you have set up your Microsoft account you cannot change your signin. I am trying to get away from AOL and that address is what I set my account up with. Is there anyway to change it or do I have to open up a brand new account. I am...
  6. I cannot write my email address because the URL the key is not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I cannot write my email address because the URL the key is not working: I cannot write my email address because the URL the key is not working eg^^ qwertyuiop'¡ asdfghjkl # ºzxcvbnm,.ç this has happened to the keys. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/url/01686210-97fd-4c24-ab0e-20ad2867b33c
  7. URL / Links in emails blocked

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    URL / Links in emails blocked: Hi all first post. Probably a daft question, but despite all, im struggling to find an answer. Bought this PC new some months ago and since i believe following an update at some time now any URL or links in emails are blocked from opening. - i dont remember this happening...
  8. Email address

Email address: How do you eliminate unwanted names that appear when you begin entering an email addressee name? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-address/f00d841f-acd3-4d7d-a208-aea9873673b6
  9. url address popups

url address popups: how can I turn off these pesky URL address boxes from appearing? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/url-address-popups/1bd88a53-21bb-42f9-8333-c19f60211592
  10. URL truncated in email attachment

URL truncated in email attachment: How can I get an email attachment to open in a new tab if the URL is truncated??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/url-truncated-in-email-attachment/1ed860fd-eadc-434e-a485-8a0c2cdf34b1