Windows 10: Email addresses to report Spam from Main Email providers etc needed?

Discus and support Email addresses to report Spam from Main Email providers etc needed? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Is there such a list - to save me searching each time. I know some of them - such as [email protected] [email protected] [email protected] But to... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by AndrewSWHatton, Jan 6, 2020.

1. Email addresses to report Spam from Main Email providers etc needed?

Is there such a list - to save me searching each time.

I know some of them - such as

[email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]

But to save searching them out everytime - is there a list that can be quickly accessed please?

Right now I need the one for @Gmail.com

and also for @Sky.com

Note ; personally I always forward suspicious stuff to the Action Fraud people in the UK, where I am - I presume that they investigate some. Their address is

[email protected]

Thank you.

:)

AndrewSWHatton, Jan 6, 2020

2. Spam from my sisters email

True - although, more than a few emails would seem a little suspicous, rather than just a generated or "logged" email address.

As well - it's quite possible the email isn't coming directly from her account. Some email providers allow one to send email, but use a different "from" address (i.e. gmail) - for example, your primary email address is L: someone@someplace.com, when you send a message it would appear to come from L: someone@noplace.com . . .

It wouldn't surprise me, either, that if your sister had registered on a site, that they could be selling off email addresses - sometimes those really shady purchasers of these email lists will use some of these addresses to "mask" where the emails are actually coming from.

Follow the suggestions tha have already been posted, first - defi change the password. Run a good A/V program, and check your rig over for any other malware. Do a good manual cleaning of internet files, too, both cookies, temp files, and any other tripe that ends up in your temp folders. Anything that doesn't want to be deleted nice and easy tends to not bode well . . . if the issue still continues, she may have to give some serious thought to closing the account and picking up a new email provider elsewhere.

It's a PITA, for all involved.

imperialreign, Jan 6, 2020
  3. Spam Emails for pop3

Hi,

Thank you for the reply.

• Which email address is configured in the Mail app?

If you have Outlook.com configured then you may refer to the suggestions provided by “Dhenz S” from this thread to check if that helps.

How to block spam emails in Outlook.com?

You need to look at the “View installed Updates” screen to see the list of recently installed updates.

Follow these steps to view installed updates:

• Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Programs and Features”.

• Click on “View Installed Updates”.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Jan 6, 2020
  4. Email addresses to report Spam from Main Email providers etc needed?

Lots Of Daily Spam Emails

Hi:

Yep, once the spammers get your email address, you're pretty much guaranteed to get more and more spam (as they sell their addresses to other spammers). It's hard to stop the process, once it is in full gear.
    Alas, as you suggested, the fact that you replied to any of the spams and clicked any links to "unsubscribe" likely means that you have, indeed, verified your email address for the spammers.
    So that may have only made matters worse.
    Obvious spam messages are best deleted without previewing them, without opening them, without clicking on any links and certainly without opening any attachments.

As a general rule, it's dangerous to click ANY link in ANY email (even from a "known", "safe" sender whose emails may be spoofed or hijacked). It's also dangerous even to "preview" emails (in html vs. plain text), as the html message could itself be malicious, even without a malicious attachment.

As @dalchina mentioned, we do not know what email client you're using (Outlook, Thunderbird, another 3rd-party program, etc.). Most have some sort of anti-spam features, as do many internet security suites.
    A 3rd-party anti-spam program may be of some benefit, although it may not stop the problem 100%.
    In addition to the suggestions already offered, Mailwasher Pro (Free or Paid) allows one to safely preview messages while they are still on the server. Spam can be both reported and deleted before it gets to your local email client. It affords an extra layer of safety/security.
    And certain 3rd-party anti-exploit programs, such as Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit Premium (MBAE Premium) and HitmanPro Alert (HMPA) can help to shield your email client from exploits delivering malware via email.

And, yes, most major companies and ISPs and webmail providers do offer a means to report fraud/spam. If you're being truly bombarded, that process may be a bit laborious, but it would not hurt.

No software product, however, can protect 100% of computers from 100% of malware 100% of the time.
    Ultimately, the user is the first and last line of computer defense by practicing safe computing practices.

Cheers,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Jan 6, 2020
Thema:

Email addresses to report Spam from Main Email providers etc needed?

1. Email addresses to report Spam from Main Email providers etc needed? - Similar Threads - Email addresses report

2. Addresses from Spam email showing up in Mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Addresses from Spam email showing up in Mail: A while ago I received a number of Spam emails from what appeared to be a genuine contact.Today when composing an email I noticed that a number of the addresses that the spam emails came from are now somewhere within Mail. How can I delete them?I tried to upload a screenshot...
  3. Addresses from Spam email showing up in Mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Addresses from Spam email showing up in Mail: A while ago I received a number of Spam emails from what appeared to be a genuine contact.Today when composing an email I noticed that a number of the addresses that the spam emails came from are now somewhere within Mail. How can I delete them?I tried to upload a screenshot...
  4. What is the email address to Microsoft to Report email Spam?

What is the email address to Microsoft to Report email Spam?: I have AOL email and I received a Spam email from someone that said I bought "Windows Defender Advanced Threat protection Firewall & Network protection" for $399.23. I want to report this email Because I did not make that purchase !I looked all over for it but could not find...
  5. What is the email address to Microsoft to Report email Spam?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is the email address to Microsoft to Report email Spam?: I have AOL email and I received a Spam email from someone that said I bought "Windows Defender Advanced Threat protection Firewall & Network protection" for $399.23. I want to report this email Because I did not make that purchase !I looked all over for it but could not find...
  6. Email - reporting spam/phishing - from a Hotmail address

in Browsers and Email
    Email - reporting spam/phishing - from a Hotmail address: Please can you tell me the email address that where I can forward fraudulent @HOTmail.com for investigation? Thank you. 181886
  7. Deleting spam email addresses

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Deleting spam email addresses: Sorry that was an error by me I am on windows 10, using gmail or googlemail. I keep getting lots of spam emails which do go to my spam folder and I delete them. I now have a problem whereby when I send an email and go to the 'to' line these spam email adresses come up. I...
  8. No list of email addresses, etc...

No list of email addresses, etc...: I have no list of email addresses, drafts, file, nothing but emails. No tabs, tool bar, nothing but the emails. How do I get this information? I have windows live 10....
  9. changing the main administrators email address

in Windows 10 Customization
    changing the main administrators email address: Hi all, I want to change the main adminstrators (me) email address (at the moment default outlook) but there is no option that I can find. I can create a new administrator with the new email but all of the files and content associated with the current email address will be...
  10. Strange spam email address

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Strange spam email address: I keep getting emails on my business computer from a strange address (like it is a merge of two separate ones). How it is even possible? Jim Scott <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***@wentai-cn.com> I keep spamming all of us almost every day with email that...