Windows 10: Email app not working properly

Discus and support Email app not working properly in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I installed the latest cumulative update yesterday and noticed it had the same problem as the previous update which is settings in show notifications... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by tomseys, Jul 12, 2017.

1. tomseys Win User

Email app not working properly

I installed the latest cumulative update yesterday and noticed it had the same problem as the previous update which is settings in show notifications in senders were not showing properly. Also, I noticed a new issue and that was Mail was not sending me notifications. I decided to uninstall update and go back to 413 and settings are fine there.

However the Mail app is still acting buggy. I went through all the settings, reset it, uninstalled it and reinstalled it and still the same issue. The issue is more often than not it gets hung or takes a very long time when I do an on demand synch and i think is having issue with synching itself and just not doing it. Sometimes it works fine.

I noticed the Mail app was updated for me around the time this began which coincided with the cumulative update release. Also, I notice that when i go into the Microsoft account online or use thunderbird that sometimes emails fail to send or take a while to come in.

I'm wondering, is anyone who also uses a Microsoft email (live.com, outlook.com) account + the Mail app seeing issues with very slow to hang on synching at times and as a possible result issues with inconsistent notifications?

Edit: I rolled back the wifi driver and restarted modem and now it seems like it is working fine.

:)

tomseys, Jul 12, 2017

2. Email app on Windows 10 is not working properly

Before you can do a reinstall number 3 in powershell you have to uninstall it. Where is that part of the puzzle? Where is start menu? I have lost my email. Why? This has been a common problem on the internet for the last few month. FIX IT.

ChesterHenry, Jul 12, 2017
  3. Email app on Windows 10 is not working properly

I have a new laptop and upgraded to Windows 10 most of which I love but the email app is a major headache. It is not syncing properly and I am having problems opening any attachments. I have spent several hours on the phone with Microsoft and also PC
    World Know How who have helped me sort most problems but say the communications part of the app is just not working properly. I have now abandoned using the app and doing email via my web browser but would like to get it sorted. I am mainly using gmail and
    yahoo email addresses.

LindaHolland87, Jul 12, 2017
  4. Helmut Win User

It all works here with 6 Email accounts 2 of which are Outlook Mail.
    Notifications/previews in the Action Centre, badges, Live Tile previews/notifications.
    I use all 3 notification methods at the moment.

Have other issues with the Mail App in forwarding some Emails, and it has been uninstalled and reinstalled a couple of times in the last year but no update has ever changed anything other than cosmetic changes.
    The syncing options list varies between accounts.

I'm on Windows ver 1703 build 15063.483
    Mail App update was today to 17.8241.41225.0

Helmut, Jul 12, 2017
Thema:

1. Email app not working properly - Similar Threads - Email app working

2. Settings app not working properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Settings app not working properly: Settings app names are messed up as shown in the picture. Furthermore when i get to click on multitasking for example the app crush and close by itself https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/settings-app-not-working-properly/a5601b6a-5280-4b87-9b7c-77d5d11443b0
  3. Settings app not working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings app not working properly: Settings app names are messed up as shown in the picture. Furthermore when i get to click on multitasking for example the app crush and close by itself https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/settings-app-not-working-properly/a5601b6a-5280-4b87-9b7c-77d5d11443b0
  4. photos app not working properly

photos app not working properly: After an update was installed my photos app is all wrong. The edit and trim functions are gone and the screen size is stuck at 40% larger. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-app-not-working-properly/506abe4c-00de-470d-a310-117412f16875
  5. Windows apps not working properly.

in Cortana
    Windows apps not working properly.: My windows search is not working every time I start up my PC. I had to run C:\Windows\system32\ctfmon.exe for it to work. Microsoft Store also doesn't work along with Calculator app. What could be the problem?...
  6. Mail app not working properly.

Mail app not working properly.: After 3 or 4 years of working perfectly fine, my Mail app on Windows 10 has suddenly stopped working properly a few days ago. Initially it wouldn't stay open and would shut down soon after I opened it. Now it will open and will download my e-mails and I can see the list of...
  7. setting app not working properly

in Windows 10 Customization
    setting app not working properly: Recently my windows setting app is not working properly as it shows me blank screen. Same is the issue with type to search window. I have inserted a screen shot for clear understanding of my problem.[ATTACH]...
  8. Email not working properly

in Browsers and Email
    Email not working properly: I have Quickbooks Pro 2009 and am trying to email invoices. It has worked in the past, but in the last few weeks it has stopped and gets hung up. I have looked into the Quickbooks forums, but have not found the answer in them. Seems to point me to my Windows mail. I can...
  9. Downloader apps not working properly...

Downloader apps not working properly...: Hi everybody. i was using IDM(Internet download manager) it was good at early times but now it is not downloading from most sites. I tried flashget, jdownloader and orbit downloader and they are the same too. I checked firewall and gave these programs access to internet but...
  10. Mail app not working properly

Mail app not working properly: Mail app was working fine and then came creators and since then it has been doing downhill. First, I stopped getting notifications. Then, the Mail app stopped checking for mail. I have to manually sync it for mail to come. I've tried uninstalls/reinstalls, resets,...