Windows 10: email apparently using alias

Discus and support email apparently using alias in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My email is showing a weird return address which I assume is an alias. How to I eliminate that and have the "from" address be my functioning email... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AlyssaAston, Jun 26, 2020.

1. email apparently using alias

My email is showing a weird return address which I assume is an alias. How to I eliminate that and have the "from" address be my functioning email address? Thanks.

:)

AlyssaAston, Jun 26, 2020

2. Microsoft account email alias problem

i changed the alias and removed the default one, so now i have only the new one in the list...the default one that was their is gone

i did not know that removing the default alias would mean i would lose my original email address, because now my original email adress isnt working.

and on top of that, my new alias or should i say new email address isint recieving emails... over 20 years of usuing the same email address and its gone because i thought a alias was just a display name.

Steven Campoli, Jun 26, 2020
  3. Email Alias Problem

I will cut to the chase.

We have an office 365 subscription that is connected to our on-premise AD. I have set up an email with an alias to receive inquiries that will go directly to our ticketing system. Our goal for creating the alias is to separate the tickets that are being addressed to another department of our company.

When the sender comes from outside our domain/company and the recipient is the alias email, it will be received by that email as the alias mail. But the concern is when the sender is from within our domain and the recipient is the alias email.
    The received message will be redirected to the main email address which is causing our problem.

Shottas202, Jun 26, 2020
  4. email apparently using alias

Email Alias

I have a primary email alias that i no longer have access to. In following the steps to create a new one, I run into one major issue.

I'm prompted that for security reasons I have to verify my existing email alias, which again I do not have access to, prior to creating a new one.

How can I get past this issue and add a new alias?

The email address i intend to use is already set up to receive security alerts and I can verify the phone number associated with it but so far i've had no luck or leeway in this.

G0DZ R1TE HAND, Jun 26, 2020
Thema:

email apparently using alias

1. email apparently using alias - Similar Threads - email apparently using

2. Issues with logging in using alias email address

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Issues with logging in using alias email address: I had two email addresses as primary and secondary alias for my account. My old laptopWin 8.1, my main PC is currently using Win 10, which I wanted to log on used the secondary alias email primary back when it was my only PC, but the password didn't work. I decided to remove...
  3. Issues with logging in using alias email address

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues with logging in using alias email address: I had two email addresses as primary and secondary alias for my account. My old laptopWin 8.1, my main PC is currently using Win 10, which I wanted to log on used the secondary alias email primary back when it was my only PC, but the password didn't work. I decided to remove...
  4. Issues with logging in using alias email address

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Changing email name for alias emails

Changing email name for alias emails: Is it possible to change the sender name of an alias email in Outlook.com to another name, and keep the rest set to my account name?Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-email-name-for-alias-emails/f3aa281b-d089-4023-a44c-8a589952ba15
  6. Email Alias address already in use

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Email Alias address already in use: My windows account shows my old email address which I would like to change. Seems like I have 2 accounts Passport & Email. How can I update my email address to show only one? Thank you...
  7. Email was removed by an "alias"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Email was removed by an "alias": Im signing in here through my wifes account because my email "No longer exists". I got a text saying "Primary alias changed from my email to xyz. Not Correct? Visit...…went to said website and still couldn't do anything. All this after finding out that a Microsoft Tablet of...
  8. Email Alias Problem

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Email Alias Problem: I will cut to the chase. We have an office 365 subscription that is connected to our on-premise AD. I have set up an email with an alias to receive inquiries that will go directly to our ticketing system. Our goal for creating the alias is to separate the tickets that are...
  9. Alias email addresses

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Alias email addresses: I want to add my primary email address as an alias and remove the current alias. But when I attempt to, the system comes back with "email address already taken" even though its my primary email address. How do I get around this?...
  10. Icloud email using an alias

Icloud email using an alias: I have successfully added my icloud email and calendar. How do I set it to use my alias icloud email address? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icloud-email-using-an-alias/3549cc56-7f3b-4624-a960-e44836fb781d