Windows 10: Email as display name

Discus and support Email as display name in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello Everyone, I'm having trouble changing the display name of my account at login screen. I like everything clean on my devices but some reason, I... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by syzmondy, Feb 25, 2021.

1. syzmondy Win User

Email as display name

Hello Everyone,

I'm having trouble changing the display name of my account at login screen. I like everything clean on my devices but some reason, I cannot change my display name at log-in screen. I've tried the control panel as well as managing my account online and no option to change account name appears.

At login I see my email and that's it, I'd like to change that to for example, my name only or whatever but have no option to do that anywhere.

I would be grateful for advice on how to solve this issue.

Thanks!

:)

syzmondy, Feb 25, 2021

2. While sending mail, does not show my name, instead shows my email address

I would suggest you to follow the steps to change the Account display in Mail app:

1. Open Mail app

2. Select “settings”.

3. Under settings select “Manage Account”.

4. Click on the Account name

5. Change the Account name

If still not working, try the steps below:

• In the Mail app, open Settings (the gear icon).
    • Click 'Manage Accounts'
    • Select the account you want to change the outgoing display name for
    • Click 'options for syncing email, contacts, and calendar'
    • in the account sync settings, there should be a 'Your name' text field that is used as the display name for outgoing emails.

ManojKumarMK, Feb 25, 2021
  3. Contact names not displaying when sending emails

When I save a contact name, it doesn't display when I send an email to them. Rather, it just displays their email address as the "Name".

Other contacts seem to work, but I have one or two that seem to persist in not showing up when I send emails to them.

But, when I look at my contact list, the real name of the person is displayed - so it is obviously saved, but doesn't display when I send emails. Why?

And, how do I solve this?

***Original title: When I save a contact name, it doesn't display when I send an email to them?***

armorrison, Feb 25, 2021
  4. Email as display name

My name is wrongly displayed in "To" address

Hi,

There is a possibility that your email address was already added to your contacts using a different name. To address this issue, let us look into your People app to update the entry. Follow the steps below:

• Click the Windows key and click All apps.
    • Locate the People app and click it.
    • Search for the wrong display name.
    • When the name appears, right-click anywhere on the screen, then click
      Edit
    • Input the correct name, then click Save.

Once done, try sending an email and let's see if the display name has been updated.

Let us know the result.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Feb 25, 2021
Thema:

Email as display name

1. Email as display name - Similar Threads - Email display name

2. Wrong name is displayed when sending an email

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wrong name is displayed when sending an email: This is a question already asked by someone in 2020, but looks like there was no answer...I have the SAME ISSUE. I use windows MAIL. It has 2 gmail accounts. However when I send an email from my own account, it shows my husbands name -- this is the other gmail account. All...
  3. Wrong name is displayed when sending an email

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wrong name is displayed when sending an email: This is a question already asked by someone in 2020, but looks like there was no answer...I have the SAME ISSUE. I use windows MAIL. It has 2 gmail accounts. However when I send an email from my own account, it shows my husbands name -- this is the other gmail account. All...
  4. Name display w/Windows email

in Windows 10 Customization
    Name display w/Windows email: When I send an email from my computer using Windows 10 mail, it changes the name to my sign-in name which is not the name I want sent for professional emails. I have tried to delete the gmail account and add it back but I still do not get an option to change the out-going...
  5. Change display name for outgoing emails in accounts

Change display name for outgoing emails in accounts: How do I change the display name for outgoing emails in certain accounts? Some of my accounts have been sending emails with the wrong name associated with them, and I have been unable to remedy this issue by removing and re-adding accounts, and resetting data for the entire...
  6. Contact names not displaying when sending emails

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Contact names not displaying when sending emails: When I save a contact name, it doesn't display when I send an email to them. Rather, it just displays their email address as the "Name". Other contacts seem to work, but I have one or two that seem to persist in not showing up when I send emails to them. But, when I look...
  7. Display Name

Display Name: How do I change the display name on my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-name/54b7f30f-9809-4396-b934-19220ffb9642
  8. Display Name

Display Name: My sister gave her computer but when the sign in comes up it's her name and I would like to change it to say my name. How can I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-name/2a743807-0ed8-45cb-85ad-e8b941c96583
  9. Need to change windows 10 email display name

in Browsers and Email
    Need to change windows 10 email display name: Windows 10 Email APP I need to update my last name. I go to SETTINGS MANAGE ACCOUNTS There is no box to update ANY name change. I could do a work around by deleting and reinstalling the account, but that will delete ALL my email. Is there a way to get to this in...
  10. Display Name is My Email (Email shown twice on Login screen)

in Windows 10 Support
    Display Name is My Email (Email shown twice on Login screen): Hello, I upgraded to Win10 recently and I have an issue that I was only able to find two insiders had in the past with no resolution. I previously had Windows 8.1 and did an upgrade to 10 on both my laptop and my desktop. The problem I'm having is that it is showing my...