Windows 10: "Email Attachments" folder appears in my OneDrive. Why?

Discus and support "Email Attachments" folder appears in my OneDrive. Why? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I notice that a folder named "Email Attachments" appears by itself in my OneDrive. The folder is empty. Deleting this folder makes it to reappear by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AndreyT, Feb 1, 2017.

1. AndreyT Win User

"Email Attachments" folder appears in my OneDrive. Why?

I notice that a folder named "Email Attachments" appears by itself in my OneDrive. The folder is empty. Deleting this folder makes it to reappear by itself later. This behavior started relatively recently. But since I use my OneDrive on multiple Windows 10 computers as well as on two Android devices, it is hard to figure out who's to blame here (if that's something on my side and not OneDrive itself).

There are some Microsoft links on the Net that say that this folder is created when I manually choose to save attachments to OneDrive in the online Outlook.com email client. I do use my old Hotmail address as my OneDrive profile address, but I don't visit Outlook.com and don't save any attachments there.

BTW, my OneDrive is a regular OneDrive account (used with built-in into Windows 10 clients), not OneDrive for Business or anything like that.

I don't need this "Email Attachments" folder and I don't want it to appear in my OneDrive. Is there any way to stop it from appearing? Or at least to figure out what triggers its creation?

:)

AndreyT, Feb 1, 2017
  2. Dr.Fever Win User

How do I Attach photos to windows 10 email

You can Zip a folder with anything in it and email the zip as an attachment.

I use it all the time. Right Click the folder, select send-to, then select compressed (zipped) folder.

Then right click the zipped folder and Send to, mail Recipient.

Dr.Fever, Feb 1, 2017
  3. my phone " keys in " some numbers while talking

As I said in my first post you can either try to update it's software to see if it cures it.

If it doesn't then your phone is faulty and you will need to get it repaired.

psychomania---01, Feb 1, 2017
  4. philc43 Win User

I think you will find this folder is automatically created when you have both OneDrive and Outlook. It is to allow the save to and copy from OneDrive feature to work for email attachments. The feature seems to be part of the web browser settings and will have been created if you log into Outlook via your browser. Go into Options and you will see settings for Attachment Options. You will see that mine is linked.

"Email Attachments" folder appears in my OneDrive. Why? [​IMG]

There may be a way to prevent the folder reappearing if you choose to always attach copies of your attachments rather than OneDrive links.

"Email Attachments" folder appears in my OneDrive. Why? [​IMG]

Also check: Save your Outlook.com email attachments to OneDrive in one click - Office Blogs

philc43, Feb 1, 2017
  5. AndreyT Win User
    Well, I don't visit my Outlook account in my browser (or in anything at all). However the folder still gets created from time to time.

Also, I deleted the folder and then visited my Outlook email in my browser just to see what will hapen. And no, it did not re-create that folder.

I have chosen that already. Doesn't help. The folder still re-appears from time to time.

That's what I mentioned in my original post: it basically says that the folder is created when I explcity ask Outlook to save an attachment there. But I never do that.

AndreyT, Feb 7, 2017
  6. AndreyT Win User
    Basically, the problem is unsolvable at the time.

"The feature to permanently prevent OneDrive from creating the Email Attachments folder is not yet available."

Also: Please don't auto-create the email attachments folder – Feature Suggestions for Microsoft OneDrive

Those geniuses at Microsoft did it again... Facepalm.

AndreyT, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. "Email Attachments" folder appears in my OneDrive. Why? - Similar Threads - Email Attachments folder

2. Troubleshoot attaching folders to emails

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Troubleshoot attaching folders to emails: I have Windows 11 on a 3 year old laptop, and can no longer attach folders in gmail, outlook or yahoo mail. I can only attach items in the folder individually. I tried restarting and cleaning out unwanted emails. I also have transferred file folders onto a external hard drive...
  3. Troubleshoot attaching folders to emails

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Troubleshoot attaching folders to emails: I have Windows 11 on a 3 year old laptop, and can no longer attach folders in gmail, outlook or yahoo mail. I can only attach items in the folder individually. I tried restarting and cleaning out unwanted emails. I also have transferred file folders onto a external hard drive...
  4. Why are my email folders empty?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are my email folders empty?: For some reason all my email folders appear empty. I have no idea if I've inadvertently changed any settings but need to recover the contents of those folders....
  5. Why are my email folders empty?

Why are my email folders empty?: For some reason all my email folders appear empty. I have no idea if I've inadvertently changed any settings but need to recover the contents of those folders....
  6. I received an email attached below - the email address is -Microsoft OneDrive <*** Email...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I received an email attached below - the email address is -Microsoft OneDrive <*** Email...: As of April 03,2023, the subscription fee for Microsoft 365 Personal will change from AUD 99 to AUD 109 to address changing market conditions. You will be charged this new price unless you choose to cancel your subscription at least 2 days before the next scheduled payment...
  7. I received an email attached below - the email address is -Microsoft OneDrive <*** Email...

I received an email attached below - the email address is -Microsoft OneDrive <*** Email...: As of April 03,2023, the subscription fee for Microsoft 365 Personal will change from AUD 99 to AUD 109 to address changing market conditions. You will be charged this new price unless you choose to cancel your subscription at least 2 days before the next scheduled payment...
  8. Downloading email attachments to Onedrive not working.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Downloading email attachments to Onedrive not working.: I have several images sent to me as email attachments. When I click on the share option and choose Onedrive they do not download to Onedrive. How can I download these attachments images to my Onedrive?...
  9. attaching a OneDrive file to Outlook email - need to disable "folders first" order

in Windows 10 Customization
    attaching a OneDrive file to Outlook email - need to disable "folders first" order: My company insists we use OneDrive for everything so I store all my files in it. When I try to attach a OneDrive file to an email (usually something I have just created and saved), all the folders appear first and I always have to scroll down past all of them before I can...
  10. Email attachments do not appear on Desktop

in Browsers and Email
    Email attachments do not appear on Desktop: Hi there I am a first time user of this forum. Using Outlook 365 on Windows 10 Desktop PC Email attachments do not appear when saved to my Desktop. They do save in Downloads but not on the Desktop. Very frustrating*Mad Any suggestions? 56490