Windows 10: Email Attempted Scams/Infections

Discus and support Email Attempted Scams/Infections in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I don't know if anyone else has had this: apparent Junk advertising - "To Unsubscribe click here". So one clicks, and one's antivirus springs into... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Old_hand, Feb 21, 2022.

1. Old_hand Win User

Email Attempted Scams/Infections

I don't know if anyone else has had this: apparent Junk advertising - "To Unsubscribe click here". So one clicks, and one's antivirus springs into action to eliminate an attempted hack. I've had so many of these lately that I just Block pest ads. The worst offenders continue coming back after being labelled Phishing [of course, they keep changing their email addresses]. In a couple of cases I've had to report them to a government action program.

:)

Old_hand, Feb 21, 2022
  2. BobBarr Win User

New steam scam/Phising attempt

did you forward it to valve? i know someone on my friends list that sent them an email about a scam thing some time ago and was rewarded =D

BobBarr, Feb 21, 2022
  3. Email Attempted Scams/Infections

Am or infected or is this an attempt at a scam?

I opened a site named Yify streaming as was told it was a great streaming site but a message poped up saying my computer was infected with a critical infection from a bug named 268D3 but I think the message was an attempt to get me to enter my details. Can
    you tell me if this is correct or am I actually infected. My computer works fin e and no warnings on any other page. Is this a dodgy site?

ChrisBrough, Feb 21, 2022
Thema:

Email Attempted Scams/Infections

1. Email Attempted Scams/Infections - Similar Threads - Email Attempted Scams

2. Scam emails

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Scam emails: I received an email from this address id it real?*** Email address is removed for privacy *** help is good https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/scam-emails/143b0392-bb05-42bd-accc-6d6e6586a664
  3. Email Attempted Scams/Infections

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Email Attempted Scams/Infections: I don't know if anyone else has had this: apparent Junk advertising - "To Unsubscribe click here". So one clicks, and one's antivirus springs into action to eliminate an attempted hack. I've had so many of these lately that I just Block pest ads. The worst offenders continue...
  4. Email Attempted Scams/Infections

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Email Attempted Scams/Infections: I don't know if anyone else has had this: apparent Junk advertising - "To Unsubscribe click here". So one clicks, and one's antivirus springs into action to eliminate an attempted hack. I've had so many of these lately that I just Block pest ads. The worst offenders continue...
  5. Scam Email??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scam Email??: I revived this email however I DID Not Renew or Sign Up for Anything. I'm thinking it is a Scam. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scam-email/7586457e-1f75-46d0-991a-33466a9cc526
  6. Scam email

Scam email: On Wed., 1 Jul. 2020 at 12:38 p.m., Auto-Renewal <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***> wrote: Hi, Your subscription for Windows Defender has been successfully renewed and updated. PRODUCT INFORMATION Product Name Windows Defender Firewall Order Date...
  7. Scam email

Scam email: Hello, I keep getting the email below, which I know is a scam and it said your password is and said wha my password was but not the full passworj as th one it said was not right Everything on the web says that it is a scam and Thank you for your help....
  8. email scam?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    email scam?: I've been receiving emails stating my Windows10 will expire soon. Is this a legit email? Also is there a phone number for support? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-scam/fd20a1ff-bf69-4278-8089-b23decf709dd
  9. email scam

email scam: I received an email saying my Windows License Key got expired and has been infected with a spyware. Pretty sure this is a scam. Do you want me to forward the email? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-scam/3568f12c-39d7-4002-b6d4-348d0db94140"
  10. Scam email?

Scam email?: I received the following unsolicited email. Is this a scam/phishing? Microsoft account password reset Inbox x [ATTACH] Microsoft account team <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***> Nov 19, 2018, 4:28 PM (7 days ago) [IMG] [IMG] to me [IMG] Microsoft account...