Windows 10: Email changed from Windows Live mail to Outlook express in past two day not allowing me to...

Discus and support Email changed from Windows Live mail to Outlook express in past two day not allowing me to... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I have been a user of the Windows Live Email program many years. Over the past two days (probably through a Microsoft Update) my stored emails... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Tony Goddard_967, Jul 14, 2018.

1. Email changed from Windows Live mail to Outlook express in past two day not allowing me to...

Hello, I have been a user of the Windows Live Email program many years. Over the past two days (probably through a Microsoft Update) my stored emails (many hundreds) in folders on my desk top have been changed to only being able to be accessed through Outlook Express. I don't use outlook express and wish to continue using Windows Live mail. Would there be someone out there who can advise me on how I have these folders changed back to being able to b e accessed by live mail. When sending a fresh email now I am still able to use live mail however if I save any emails they are storing under only Outlook express.

Thank you in anticipation

Tony

:)

Tony Goddard_967, Jul 14, 2018
  2. newtekie1 Win User

How to install outlook express on windows xp with explorer 8?

This was going to be my suggestion as well. I just wasn't sure if it worked with XP. It is definitely way better than Outlook Express, and I actually prefer it to regular Outlook as well.

newtekie1, Jul 14, 2018
  3. qubit Win User
    How to install outlook express on windows xp with explorer 8?

This is an awkward problem to solve and one I don't think is worth the time and effort.

The OP would be better off either using a modern webmail service like gmail or outlook.com or using a modern email client like Windows Live Mail like FX-GMC suggested or Thunderbird from Mozilla. If nothing else, Outlook Distress was notorious for corrupting its data files and losing all your email in one easy step. Not worth it.

qubit, Jul 14, 2018
  4. ahmd Win User

Email changed from Windows Live mail to Outlook express in past two day not allowing me to...

Windows Live Mail corrupts emails when importing frm Outlook Express 6

I was using a Windows XP desktop and Outlook Express 6 exclusively for my emails. It was set up to do automatic nightly backups of all messages by copying the following folder:

Code: C:\Documents and Settings\User\Local Settings\Application Data\Identities\{GUID}\Microsoft\Outlook Express[/quote]
    Yesterday the hard drive on that XP machine crashed and now I'm trying to set up a new desktop that is running Windows 10 pro.

My main goal is to set up a mail program that will allow to import all of my emails from Outlook Express that also works in a similar fashion. (In other words that Metro mail app that Windows 10 has would not work!)

So I downloaded Windows Live Mail 2012 and went to File -> Import -> Messages -> Outlook Express 6 and specified a copy of the folder above.

Unfortunately when the importing process was done, first of all the inbox was empty. Eventually I was able to find it buried in a storage folder. Well, inconvenient, but OK. But then when I pulled it up, I could not recognize my messages. It seemed like a big chunk of them was missing.

Unfortunately I don't have access to the Outlook Express on a computer that crashed. Instead I had an old copy in a VM that was done back in Sept. 2015. So I did the same exporting process just to test. Here's how the inbox looks like in Outlook Express:

Email changed from Windows Live mail to Outlook express in past two day not allowing me to... [​IMG]

And here's how it looks when I import it into WLM:

Email changed from Windows Live mail to Outlook express in past two day not allowing me to... [​IMG]

As you see a bunch of messages are missing and the inbox itself looks totally different.

What am I doing wrong here?

Thema:

Email changed from Windows Live mail to Outlook express in past two day not allowing me to...

1. Email changed from Windows Live mail to Outlook express in past two day not allowing me to... - Similar Threads - Email changed Live

2. Outlook Mail will not allow me to send any emails with error message

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Outlook Mail will not allow me to send any emails with error message: My email will not send anymore emails. I get an error response no matter the email address. What is causing this??"there was an error sending"...
  3. Outlook Mail will not allow me to send any emails with error message

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outlook Mail will not allow me to send any emails with error message: My email will not send anymore emails. I get an error response no matter the email address. What is causing this??"there was an error sending"...
  4. Cant recieve emails in Outlook and Windows live mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant recieve emails in Outlook and Windows live mail: I can send emails in Outlook and Windows live mail but cannot receive them any help will be much appreciated? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-recieve-emails-in-outlook-and-windows-live/dc558aff-fe61-41b2-a8ee-cbf8ff4557dd
  5. Outlook Express email

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Outlook Express email: I have been using Outlook Express email since last January. I am not receiving my email since yesterday. I get a window about 4" long and 3" high. It has 3 entry items. The first is: Server: smtp.comcast.net The second tells me to insert my email address. I do that. It is...
  6. why is live mail not allowing me to navigate to a file to attach to an email?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    why is live mail not allowing me to navigate to a file to attach to an email?: Today, all of a sudden, I cannot attach any files to my emails. This occurs in Live Mail, and in both Edge and Chrome browsers with yahoo. I will indicate attach file, and a white box will appear that says open (not responding) in the upper left corner. When I try to...
  7. Outlook Express email

Outlook Express email: My outlook express email closes automatically within a few seconds of being open. How can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-express-email/60c55526-81eb-4369-ae2d-f33a0e48488e
  8. Windows Live Mail emails to Outlook

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Live Mail emails to Outlook: Is there a reliable way to transfer emails from Windows Live Mail to an Outlook .pst file? I can see that there are a number of free third party programs that claim to do it but I'm never sure if they can be trusted. I'd like to transfer over the emails I have on my old...
  9. Exporting Windows Live Mail emails to Outlook 2016

Exporting Windows Live Mail emails to Outlook 2016: I recently went with Microsoft Office 365 and when trying to export emails from Windows Live Mail to Outlook 2016 desktop client using Microsoft Exchange, an error message states there's no email program associated to perform the action and directs me to create an association...
  10. Windows Live Mail corrupts emails when importing frm Outlook Express 6

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Live Mail corrupts emails when importing frm Outlook Express 6: I was using a Windows XP desktop and Outlook Express 6 exclusively for my emails. It was set up to do automatic nightly backups of all messages by copying the following folder: Code: C:\Documents and Settings\User\Local Settings\Application...