Windows 10: Email connection question

Discus and support Email connection question in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Windows 10 Home (X64) Version 1703 I have used comcast.net server and Windows Live Mail for years. Just recently WLM stopped making a connection and... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by tcebob, Jul 28, 2017.

1. tcebob Win User

Email connection question

Windows 10 Home (X64) Version 1703
    I have used comcast.net server and Windows Live Mail for years. Just recently WLM stopped making a connection and delivered an error report. I had a chat with a Comcast agent and reviewed all my settings but no improvement. Thinking that WLM is now passé, I tried a slew of other clients including Opera Mail, Thunderbird, EmClient, Mailbird, Outlook, OE Classic. Only one, Mailbird, works, so I'm using it. But It is a bit underpowered so I'm still looking.

Yesterday evening I turned on WLM and, voil , there was new mail. I slept comfortably and tried again this morning. Nope, back to the error report.

So one possibility is that there is something flaky about my system. At last, my question: How can I check and possibly repair the network access on the system?

:)

tcebob, Jul 28, 2017
  2. sanjaymehta---01, Jul 28, 2017
  3. E71 - Email connection question

How can i set up my gmail on the default client without installing nokia email?

its doing my head in pleae help

urfankhaliq, Jul 28, 2017
  4. Samuria Win User

What is the error message is this imap or pop?

Samuria, Jul 29, 2017
  5. tcebob Win User
    Thanks for your response.

I actually have 2 accounts. Both respond the same.

BUT

When I just started up WLM to try this, all my incoming mail was there in the inbox waiting for me! Just like yesterday. So it is working but not responding to get and send commands. Can't tell if the less used url is working, I'll have to send a test message. The connection is POP and does require security. I don't know whether I can send mail from this client. Probably have to wait for the mystery connection. I did try IMAP without success.

A little later: The test message was sent but I'll have to wait to see if it appears.

tcebob, Jul 29, 2017
  6. tcebob Win User
    I think it's solved. I called comcast and they referred me to MS Office Help for Outlook. The agent connected to my desktop and fiddled with Outlook quite a lot until, magically, it worked. This took about an hour. I carefully saved all the parameters but I don't know exactly what she did to kick it. Everything I ever said about MS is hereby recanted. Total time: 2 hours. As a bonus, the modifications also helped WLM and other clients.

tcebob, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Email connection question - Similar Threads - Email connection question

2. Questionable email

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Questionable email: I just received a Email today saying that my email will be deleted unless I click varification link, I think this is a scam and was wondering if it was from Microsoft or not havent clicked on the link yet....
  3. Questionable email

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Questionable email: I just received a Email today saying that my email will be deleted unless I click varification link, I think this is a scam and was wondering if it was from Microsoft or not havent clicked on the link yet....
  4. Question : closing of email ????

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question : closing of email ????: Hello,Could you please tell me if this email is genuine?or a spam, or worst.Please let me know.Thank youJosianeFrom: Helpdesk Support <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***>Sent: Monday, March 14, 2022 5:42 PMTo: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** <*** Email...
  5. Question : closing of email ????

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Question : closing of email ????: Hello,Could you please tell me if this email is genuine?or a spam, or worst.Please let me know.Thank youJosianeFrom: Helpdesk Support <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***>Sent: Monday, March 14, 2022 5:42 PMTo: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** <*** Email...
  6. Email hack question

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Email hack question: It appears my aol account has been hijacked/hacked. I have run both McAfee and a malware scan. Any other recommendations? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/email-hack-question/7d8c657a-d6dd-48ff-8498-f6a0fa11d8b0
  7. Email Question

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Email Question: Dear Microsoft Community, I have a spare Windows 10 PC that I use for ecommerce tasks and a shipping label printer. I am using the Mail app and I would like to know if the below actions can be done automatically. Email received with attachment/attachments labels >...
  8. email links question

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    email links question: What’s happened with links in my emails? They suddenly stopped working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/email-links-question/3580ffa7-d6cb-43e8-b256-85cfd792b43a
  9. Emergency! Email Question

in Browsers and Email
    Emergency! Email Question: Last year I deleted some emails from my gmail account. I want to know if its possible to retrieve them somehow. Its VITALLY important for legal reasons. 93664
  10. Email question

in Browsers and Email
    Email question: We finally got a new Dell computer and installed MS Office 2010 using my old CD. The problem we now have is the older version of Home Office does not include Outlook [img] . The Office 2010 email program is the absolute minimum and certainly is not what we need (for contact...