Windows 10: Email connection question

Discus and support Email connection question in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Windows 10 Home (X64) Version 1703 I have used comcast.net server and Windows Live Mail for years. Just recently WLM stopped making a connection and... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by tcebob, Jul 28, 2017.

1. tcebob Win User

Email connection question

Windows 10 Home (X64) Version 1703
    I have used comcast.net server and Windows Live Mail for years. Just recently WLM stopped making a connection and delivered an error report. I had a chat with a Comcast agent and reviewed all my settings but no improvement. Thinking that WLM is now passé, I tried a slew of other clients including Opera Mail, Thunderbird, EmClient, Mailbird, Outlook, OE Classic. Only one, Mailbird, works, so I'm using it. But It is a bit underpowered so I'm still looking.

Yesterday evening I turned on WLM and, voil , there was new mail. I slept comfortably and tried again this morning. Nope, back to the error report.

So one possibility is that there is something flaky about my system. At last, my question: How can I check and possibly repair the network access on the system?

:)

tcebob, Jul 28, 2017
  2. sanjaymehta---01, Jul 28, 2017
  3. E71 - Email connection question

How can i set up my gmail on the default client without installing nokia email?

its doing my head in pleae help

urfankhaliq, Jul 28, 2017
  4. Samuria Win User

What is the error message is this imap or pop?

Samuria, Jul 29, 2017
  5. tcebob Win User
    Thanks for your response.

I actually have 2 accounts. Both respond the same.

BUT

When I just started up WLM to try this, all my incoming mail was there in the inbox waiting for me! Just like yesterday. So it is working but not responding to get and send commands. Can't tell if the less used url is working, I'll have to send a test message. The connection is POP and does require security. I don't know whether I can send mail from this client. Probably have to wait for the mystery connection. I did try IMAP without success.

A little later: The test message was sent but I'll have to wait to see if it appears.

tcebob, Jul 29, 2017
  6. tcebob Win User
    I think it's solved. I called comcast and they referred me to MS Office Help for Outlook. The agent connected to my desktop and fiddled with Outlook quite a lot until, magically, it worked. This took about an hour. I carefully saved all the parameters but I don't know exactly what she did to kick it. Everything I ever said about MS is hereby recanted. Total time: 2 hours. As a bonus, the modifications also helped WLM and other clients.

tcebob, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Email connection question - Similar Threads - Email connection question

2. Attaching photos to emails question

in Browsers and Email
    Attaching photos to emails question: I'm not sure this is the proper place to ask this question; if not, forgive me and redirect. When I take pictures with my Canon camera I transfer them "as is" to my computer. I have just noticed that some of them are 20 inches by 14 inches and approx. 20Mb at 300 dpi. This...
  3. Attaching photos to emails question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Attaching photos to emails question: I'm not sure this is the proper place to ask this question; if not, forgive me and redirect. When I take pictures with my Canon camera I transfer them "as is" to my computer. I have just noticed that some of them are 20 inches by 14 inches and approx. 20Mb at 300 dpi. This...
  4. Stop Email Replies to a Question

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Stop Email Replies to a Question: I am a relative newcomer to the Microsoft Community. I recently posted a question and received several responses from the support community for which I was most grateful. I eventually found the answer to my issue and would like to know for future questions, how to inform...
  5. Bluetooth connection question

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth connection question: Hello. I have a Harman/Kardon Onyx Mini Bluetooth speaker that connects with no issues to my phone and iPad, however with my PC it connects as a headset microphone and won't playback audio even if it says the bluetooth connection is good and that the device is working...
  6. email links question

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    email links question: What’s happened with links in my emails? They suddenly stopped working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/email-links-question/3580ffa7-d6cb-43e8-b256-85cfd792b43a
  7. Emergency! Email Question

in Browsers and Email
    Emergency! Email Question: Last year I deleted some emails from my gmail account. I want to know if its possible to retrieve them somehow. Its VITALLY important for legal reasons. 93664
  8. Email settings question

in Browsers and Email
    Email settings question: Hi, I was wondering if someone could verify this for me. When I setup my PC and phone, should the setting on both be the same on both the devices when it comes to both devices: Pop.xxxx.com smtp.xxxx.com one set up this way being my pc: pop.xxxx.com...
  9. Email question

in Browsers and Email
    Email question: We finally got a new Dell computer and installed MS Office 2010 using my old CD. The problem we now have is the older version of Home Office does not include Outlook [img] . The Office 2010 email program is the absolute minimum and certainly is not what we need (for contact...
  10. USB connection question

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB connection question: I'm upgrading to a new PC (Asus) that has USB 3.1 ports. I have 3 USB 3.0 drives to connect. Question is do I need a adapter or a connecter, or will the USB 3.0 male fit into the USB 3.1 port? As you can tell, I'm not up on the new USB questions. Thanks for any help....