Windows 10: Email contacts not imported correctly for use in Windows 10 Mail

Discus and support Email contacts not imported correctly for use in Windows 10 Mail in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I'm trying to import email contacts from Thunderbird into Outlook and thereby be available in Windows 10 Mail. However all the email addresses were not... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Razz, Mar 15, 2019.

1. Razz Win User

Email contacts not imported correctly for use in Windows 10 Mail

I'm trying to import email contacts from Thunderbird into Outlook and thereby be available in Windows 10 Mail. However all the email addresses were not filled into the proper field - i.e. the email address field. Instead they were filled into the "Contact Imported" field. I exported the file in .csv format from Thunderbird.

It looks like I have to manually enter the email address for every contact *Sad

Any idea how I went wrong?

:)

2. davidhk Win User

Email contacts missing

1. If you open Mail app and click the + sign for New mail > type first couple of letters of a contact name > will a list of suggested names appear ?

2. Go to All apps > scroll to P > click People. Is the contact list there ?

davidhk, Mar 15, 2019
  3. Razz Win User
    How do you import contacts into Windows 10 Mail from Thunderbird?

Hi Helmut. My People version and Mail version are the same as yours. My needed accounts are checked.

Just to make it clear: All my contacts are listed but except for my original contacts imported from Yahoo, any other desired contact does not appear as an option when I am trying to send an email to them. I type their name in the "To:" field and their name is not in the list of options.

Email contacts not imported correctly for use in Windows 10 Mail [​IMG]

4. John Vil Win User

importing contacts into live mail on Windows 10

Hello Wally,

There may be several reasons why your contacts are not showing up on your device. To get a better understanding of your concern, kindly answer the questions below:

• When did this issue start?
    • Were there any changes made on the settings of Windows Live Mail on your Surface prior to this happening?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

In the meantime, you may refer to this article refer to the steps on how to import contacts into Windows Live Mail:
    Import and export email, contacts, and calendars with Windows Live Mail.

We're looking forward for your response.

John Vil, Mar 15, 2019
Thema:

1. Email contacts not imported correctly for use in Windows 10 Mail - Similar Threads - Email contacts imported

2. Import mailboxes and contacts to windows 10 mail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Import mailboxes and contacts to windows 10 mail: Can I import my folders .fol and/or mailboxes mbx from Eudora 7 to windows10 Mail. Also contacts nnt https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/import-mailboxes-and-contacts-to-windows-10-mail/cebd8601-22f3-47e0-bb92-dc90e56860bd
  3. Importing email contacts

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Importing email contacts: Hello, thank you for inviting me on to the forums. I have a new pc with Windows 10, Edge and 365. I wish to cope the email addresses from my onl pc which has pop 3 using Windows Live I have successfully exported tem on to a memory stick. when I follow the online istruction...
  4. Import email contacts from Window Mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Import email contacts from Window Mail: I recently purchased a new windows 10 computer. Is their a method to import my contacts from the older computer wirelessly? Fortunately the older computer works and I guess that a couple could be made and transferred somehow. Thanks for any help....
  5. How to import contacts into Windows 10 Mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to import contacts into Windows 10 Mail: How do we import contacts into Windows 10 Mail, this seems to be an unanswered problem effecting many people. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-import-contacts-into-windows-10-mail/a2f9786c-c706-4817-956c-86fa45c1f8d6
  6. window mail importing contacts

window mail importing contacts: I have contacts exported from outlook that I would like to import into mail. In these contacts I have groups. I see some (very old) contacts show up in my people but nothing current. How can I make a direct import into this program?...
  7. Importing Contacts from Yahoo email to Windows 10 mail

Importing Contacts from Yahoo email to Windows 10 mail: How do you Import Contacts from Yahoo email to Windows 10 mail. I have tried for hours to do it! None of the search engine instructions work!!!...
  8. Email contacts not imported correctly for use in Windows 10 Mail

in Windows 10 Support
    Email contacts not imported correctly for use in Windows 10 Mail: I'm trying to import email contacts from Thunderbird into Outlook and thereby be available in Windows 10 Mail. However all the email addresses were not filled into the proper field - i.e. the email address field. Instead they were filled into the "Contact Imported" field. I...
  9. Import contacts into Windows 10 mail app

Import contacts into Windows 10 mail app: I am trying to import my email contact list from Windows Live Mail to the Windows 10 mail app. It says to import contacts to the People app but that doesn't seem to work. I have the file on a SD card in the .csv format...any ideas? Thanks...
  10. Import contacts into Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Import contacts into Mail: Can someone please tell me how to import my Thunderbird email contacts into Win10 Mail? I have exported my TB address book to a cvs file if that is any help. Thanks in advance. 86249

Users found this page by searching for:

1. contacts imported to windows 10 missing email address