Windows 10: Email default app opens up repeatedly in Windows 10

Discus and support Email default app opens up repeatedly in Windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am having an issue with the built-in Mail app service in Windows 10. It continuously pop-ups by asking to add an account. When added an account, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AnjDyna, Jun 21, 2019.

1. AnjDyna Win User

Email default app opens up repeatedly in Windows 10

I am having an issue with the built-in Mail app service in Windows 10. It continuously pop-ups by asking to add an account. When added an account, it
    now asks to re-enter the password. Still, each time I close the mail window, it appears over all the other apps continuously.

I tried the following solutions:

1. In the default-apps settings for Windows 10, set the default app for Email as Google chrome instead of the built-in recommended Mail app. But this made the problem worst as an infinite number of google chrome windows continuously opened up.

2. Removed the mail app package via PowerShell with the following command. But this automatically sets the google chrome as default Email app and the issue still persists.

Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps | Remove-AppxPackage

3. Tried adding a mail account. But problem not solved.

4. Installed the latest windows updates and restarted the system

5. Disabled all the permissions for the Mail and calendar app

6. Reset the Mail app

None of the solutions worked. Can I disable this Email service of windows 10?
    Can someone please help me to solve this issue?

Thanks!

:)

AnjDyna, Jun 21, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 21, 2019
  3. puma99dk| Win User
    Windows 10 forgets default apps

I have noticed like not 5mins ago that Winamp just got kicked out of my default apps list in Windows 10 Pro.
    I installed this installation not max 3 weeks ago with fresh downloaded Windows 10 Pro using Microsoft Media Creation Tool, is there a way to fix this bcs I using sfc /scannow don't do a lot for me and I have run it before on this installation.

Before u ask, I have fully updated my Windows 10 with all non-insider/beta updates.

The only thing I have disabled is the uac prompt that popup when u need admin for applications to run bcs it's simply annoying.

I don't remember having all these problems with Windows 8.1 Pro when i was using that and I am really thinking about going back so I can have "fully control" over Windows again with like disabling all the admin crap bcs I feel like it's messing more up and makes things less useful in Windows 10 with all these small problems I have and I read a lot of ppl having problems with various things time and time again where they needed to reinstall Win10 over and over to get it to work fully.

Any advice on how I can get Windows 10 to just work as a "daily driver" without all these small annoying things? *Frown Email default app opens up repeatedly in Windows 10 :(

puma99dk|, Jun 21, 2019
  4. topgundcp Win User

Default programs repeatedly reset to "MS" programs/apps

I had the same problem.
    Possible causes:
    1. Acrobat preference does not work and if you click on it, it will reset to Windows default acrobat reader with the message:

Email default app opens up repeatedly in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    2. If Windows has update for Acrobat reader App, it will reset it to default.

Just set it from Control Panel->Default Programs->Set Your default programs
    High lite Acrobat then click on: Set this program as default.

Email default app opens up repeatedly in Windows 10 [​IMG]

topgundcp, Jun 21, 2019
Thema:

1. Email default app opens up repeatedly in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Email default app

2. Have to Repeat Setting up default apps for various file extensions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Have to Repeat Setting up default apps for various file extensions: I have to repeat setting up default apps for various file extensions as they get removed for some reason without my intervention.For example: my .html / .jpg extension among many others suddenly don't show their familiar icon. I have to once again point them out to their...
  3. Have to Repeat Setting up default apps for various file extensions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Have to Repeat Setting up default apps for various file extensions: I have to repeat setting up default apps for various file extensions as they get removed for some reason without my intervention.For example: my .html / .jpg extension among many others suddenly don't show their familiar icon. I have to once again point them out to their...
  4. Have to Repeat Setting up default apps for various file extensions

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows Default apps not opening nor showing up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Default apps not opening nor showing up: Hey.I recently had tried to access my windowsapps folder by changing some security things but now I cannot open or see any of me default windows apps such as Microsoft store, photos, video player or any of the sort. I am confused on what to do, I have tried to reset the...
  6. Windows Default apps not opening nor showing up

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows Default apps not opening nor showing up: Hey.I recently had tried to access my windowsapps folder by changing some security things but now I cannot open or see any of me default windows apps such as Microsoft store, photos, video player or any of the sort. I am confused on what to do, I have tried to reset the...
  7. Windows Default apps not opening nor showing up

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Windows 10 default Email app not working

Windows 10 default Email app not working: Hello, I am trying to change the default Email app in Windows 10. I found instructions on line how to chrome as the handler of my Email. So in settings the default Email is set to Chrome. When I right click on a file and click "share" it only gives me the option...
  9. default email for windows 10 no default

default email for windows 10 no default: Windows 10 default e-mail client I cannot seem to get my default e-mail client straight. ". When I try to e-mail a document, I get the following message: "There is no e-mail program associated to perform the requested action. Please install an e-mail program or, if...
  10. Windows 10 default email App not recognized

Windows 10 default email App not recognized: How do I make Windows 10 pro recognize Windows Mail as the default app for sending emails in programs such as Word? When I am in a word document and hit share via email I get a message that says I have not designated a default email app. I have designated Mail as the...