Windows 10: Email Delay

Discus and support Email Delay in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; There's usually no problem when I send email from my gmail account to aol recipients. However, I've seen huge delivery delays of over an hour at times... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by VFN, May 8, 2020.

1. VFN
    VFN Win User

Email Delay

There's usually no problem when I send email from my gmail account to aol recipients. However, I've seen huge delivery delays of over an hour at times lately and I've seen before occasionally. Sending an email to myself is instantaneous when this happens as it is with aol recipients sending email to themselves.

Thought maybe someone knew something about this here.

:)

2. Mark_W. Win User

Email delays on HTC HD7

Hello Dafs:

Thank you for the follow up post. It sounds like there are two likely issues you may be running into. One could be connection related and the other is hardware/firmware related.

At this point the last few things I can suggest are as follows:

• Verify you have the same experience when connected to both Wi-Fi and Cellular data separately. You can turn off each connection by going to settings > Wi-Fi/Cellular > OFF.
    • Try removing any of these emails you can. You should be able to remove any accounts added to the phone as a secondary. Do this by going to settings > emails + accounts > tap and hold the account > select delete. I might suggest you consider adding this
      account back to the phone manually. The steps to do this are outlined here,
      http://www.windowsphone.com/en-US/How-to/wp7/people/set-up-an-email-account
    • If you notice the same email delay and game action delay via both types of connections the next thing to do is a soft reset of the phone. First, go to settings > applications > Internet Explorer > delete history. After you have done this, pull the battery
      from your phone for 3 minutes and then replace the battery and reboot the phone. Monitor your emails and games behavior.
    • The final thing to consider would be a hard reset of the phone. Now I would only suggest this if you are going to consider replacing the phone if the issue is not resolved. Keep in mind that this will set the phone back to it's factory settings. Media
      can be backed up to your PC,
      http://support.xbox.com/en-US/zune/software/syncing-media
      . Contacts and calendar events should be backed up to the cloud. You can verify this by going to
      Outlook – free personal email and calendar from Microsoft and
      Outlook – free personal email and calendar from Microsoft. The information on your phone should be listed here. Text message history and game progress will be reset. To reset the phone, tap settings > about > reset your phone. Because
      of some of the side effects, you may want to consider manually syncing your emails.
    Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Mark W.

Mark_W., May 8, 2020
  3. When email is sent, but not received? What's the reason?

its probably been picked up as spam or a potentially harmful email by google filters and automatically deleted by their filter.

if not then i would suggest its a network problem, Sometimes there are some serious delays when sending an email.

FreedomEclipse, May 8, 2020
  4. qubit Win User

Email Delay

Long delay in receiving email notifications

I've had a couple of email notifications arrive after a 36 hour delay. Well, at least they arrive. *Stick Out Tongue Email Delay :p

My email address is working normally in getting emails from other sources, including American ones.

Oh bugger. Sods law, isn't it?

EDIT: I'm getting a drip feed of greatly delayed emails of more than a day old. W1zz, I suspect that your restart fixed it and the server is just clearing its backlog. Wow, knowing how busy TPU is, there must be hundreds of thousands stuck in there!

qubit, May 8, 2020
Thema:

Email Delay

1. Email Delay - Similar Threads - Email Delay

2. unable to send or receive emails.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to send or receive emails.: windows live 2012. cannot send or receive emails. error code showing :- Unable to send or receive messages for the Blacksmith account. Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period...
  3. unable to send or receive emails.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unable to send or receive emails.: windows live 2012. cannot send or receive emails. error code showing :- Unable to send or receive messages for the Blacksmith account. Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period...
  4. Protecting Onedrive file share with both restrictive email access and password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Protecting Onedrive file share with both restrictive email access and password: Hello,Currently trying to find a way to send a link only to specific emails with onedrive that will also allow me to password protect the link like I'm able to do when sending files via "share link with anyone" as opposed to "people you choose". Is there any way to do this?...
  5. Protecting Onedrive file share with both restrictive email access and password

Protecting Onedrive file share with both restrictive email access and password: Hello,Currently trying to find a way to send a link only to specific emails with onedrive that will also allow me to password protect the link like I'm able to do when sending files via "share link with anyone" as opposed to "people you choose". Is there any way to do this?...
  6. Getting weird emails! What if anything should I do?

Getting weird emails! What if anything should I do?: I’ve been getting these ofd emails for the last 24 hours, its not me trying to sign in, what if anything should I do?“Hi **********@gmail.com,We received your request for a single-use code to use with your Microsoft account.Your single-use code is: *******If you didn't...
  7. Printing email from Outlook - delay while downloading again

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Printing email from Outlook - delay while downloading again: When I print an email from Outlook (currently v.365 but it happened on earlier versions) there is a momentary delay - how long depends on email size - as if it's downloading the email again. Even if I'm viewing the email with all its graphics etc, it still seems to do that...
  8. delay/ time send emails with Windows 10 OS & Mail app

in Windows 10 Customization
    delay/ time send emails with Windows 10 OS & Mail app: Windows 10 OS/ Mail app - NOT Outlook -- the category & topic selection may not match this question: i've been told that you can send emails at a specific date and/ or time. i have gone through all settings and cannot find anything pertaining to this. i know when i worked...
  9. Windows 10 notifications are delayed, will show hundreds of pop ups for every email, chat...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 notifications are delayed, will show hundreds of pop ups for every email, chat...: When I get home from work my Windows 10 notification pop ups will stream for up to an HOUR on every email I got throughout the day, every Slack message, etc. It's too much, most of these messages have been read, replied to, etc from my Work PC. Sometimes this will start...
  10. Microsoft Verification Code and Secutity Emails delayed by hours!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Verification Code and Secutity Emails delayed by hours!: Yesterday I attempted to sign in to my One Drive account but used the wrong password, I subsequently used the "Forgot Password" option and was asked to enter a verification code that was supposed to have been sent to my email address. I checked for emails but nothing was...