Windows 10: eMail Deletions, And POP vs IMAP ?

Discus and support eMail Deletions, And POP vs IMAP ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, In my 80's now, so please bear with me a bit. Probably miss many of the nuances now. Use Comcast for all eMails, etc. Have the Account, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Robert11, Mar 16, 2020.

1. Robert11 Win User

eMail Deletions, And POP vs IMAP ?

Hello,

In my 80's now, so please bear with me a bit.
    Probably miss many of the nuances now.

Use Comcast for all eMails, etc.

Have the Account, I think, set up as a IMAP, which was recommended.

Problem is, if an eMail comes in, and I see it first on my iPhone, it is apparently automatically
    also deleted from my Mac eMail (called "MAIL") if I delete from my iPhone.

Also apparently from my windows 10 pc eMails.

Should i change to a POP Account ?
    Advantages and Disadvantages of doing so ?

If I leave as the IMAP which it is now, any way of not having the msgs automatically
    deleted from my W10 pc if I delete from my iPhone ? (It's O.K. if deleted on Mac,).

How do you folks handle this ?

Thanks,
    Bob

:)

Robert11, Mar 16, 2020

2. Emails won't delete

Here are a few suggestions.

• Have you set up your email as a POP account. If you are not sure, call up your mail provider and ask them.
    • In all probability your email service will be POP. Ask them to change it to IMAP and then get the IMAP settings. Use the IMAP settings to setup email on your phone and we are done!

Jay_answers, Mar 16, 2020
  3. Jayzilla Win User
    Delete mails in Outlook but want to keep mails untouch in webmail

When I deleted an email in outlook and my webmail got deleted too. I want to keep all the inbox mails from the webmail even I complete deleted in outlook. I spend hrs can't think it out how. Any step by step instruction? I'm using IMAP account btw. Thanks and Merry Christmas.

Jayzilla, Mar 16, 2020
  4. Time Lady Win User

email switch from pop to imap

Imap is recommended if you access your email on several devices. Some ISPs/email providers are moving to imap for various reasons.

You would need to recreate the account using the same details but using imap rather than pop.

Many email clients automatically create imap rather than pop these days.

Which email client are you using?

Time Lady, Mar 16, 2020
Thema:

1. eMail Deletions, And POP vs IMAP ? - Similar Threads - eMail Deletions POP

2. Thunderbird question - imap vs pop

in Browsers and Email
    Thunderbird question - imap vs pop: I have downloaded Thunderbird and have watched an install video. I do have a question tho. If I understand correctly, it is an imap function (correct word?) rather than a POP. I guess you can choose either but it sounds like imap creates a copy of the emails on a server not...
  3. How to delete IMAP/POP password in Outlook & print contacts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to delete IMAP/POP password in Outlook & print contacts: FIRST: I’m running Office Home and Business 2019 on a Windows 10Home 20H2 64 bit on an HP Envy laptop. I programmed my Comcast email to automatically communicatewith my stand-alone Outlook 2019 by telling Outlook my Comcast email password. Long story short, my email was...
  4. emails - windows 10 imap

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    emails - windows 10 imap: I cannot delete messages from my deleted folder in windows 10 imap. Can someone tell me how to do it. thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/emails-windows-10-imap/e30a102f-5ebe-47b1-ab75-95909b4b49cc
  5. windows 10 imap email

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows 10 imap email: I would like to make and print a list of the names, addresses, phone numbers in my people contact file. Is this possible? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-imap-email/d4470ddb-0493-494a-88f8-3b22b3c7f81a
  6. eMail Deletions, And POP vs IMAP ?

in Browsers and Email
    eMail Deletions, And POP vs IMAP ?: Hello, In my 80's now, so please bear with me a bit. Probably miss many of the nuances now. Use Comcast for all eMails, etc. Have the Account, I think, set up as a IMAP, which was recommended. Problem is, if an eMail comes in, and I see it first on my iPhone, it is...
  7. Cannot Delete IMAP Folder

Cannot Delete IMAP Folder: I've tried repeatedly to delete an IMAP folder and failed - the folder keeps reappearing. I,ve also tried to unsubscribe to the folder - outlook comes back with the an error message "Folder does not exist" (see attached screenshot) How do I permanently delete the...
  8. New imap email

in Windows 10 Customization
    New imap email: Hi I am running a second email and following a message to say the email has been set up I then get a message to say my details are out of date. I then try to reset the password and it still keeps coming up with Action Required. Can you help....
  9. Problems with IMAP email syc

Problems with IMAP email syc: Sync message: We couldn't access you account: AOL/***. You might need to update your password or update the account permission to sync. This happens after I sync and start reading my mail from this account. All settings for these accounts are correct. Now, when setting up...
  10. email switch from pop to imap

in Windows 10 Customization
    email switch from pop to imap: Do I really need to make the switch from POP to IMAP as Xfinity has stated? If so, then I may need help making this switch. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated!!!...