Windows 10: Email dropping out

Discus and support Email dropping out in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Am using the free outlook.live.com on my main desktop and at some stage of typing a reply message for example the message will pop up asking me if I... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by ICIT2LOL, May 21, 2017.

1. ICIT2LOL Win User

Email dropping out

Am using the free outlook.live.com on my main desktop and at some stage of typing a reply message for example the message will pop up asking me if I want to stay or leave this page to which I of course say stay why would I want to leave????*Confused
    This happens again after a couple of minutes and sometimes that can go on for several minutes and then even leave the page and put it into Drafts. I know I can pick it up there but I would really like to know why this extremely annoying thing is happening

Any idea appreciated before I hook up to Thunderbird as I have given away Edge for Chrome again. It's a shame really when one just gets used to using 10 when these annoying things pop up*Sad

:)

ICIT2LOL, May 21, 2017
  2. rufao Win User

E61 No Email Notification???

you might want to drop them a quick email to find out abotu that

rufao, May 21, 2017
  3. amcalexa Win User
    Notepad or ??

I use WordPad when I need to quickly remove all formatting. Word can't do this easily. For example, if I've copied something from a web page that I want to drop into a web-based email message without the original font getting in the way, I drop it into
    WordPad, then cut it back out and drop it in the email. Works like a charm.

amcalexa, May 21, 2017
  4. Kari Win User

Email dropping out

Outlook.com will only show that dialog if you have some unsaved / not sent messages open and you'll try to close browser or the tab where Outlook.com is open.

If you not want to see the dialog anymore, select Prevent this page from creating additional dialogues and click Leave:

Email dropping out [​IMG]

I do not recommend this but it's your choice. Disabling it might cause you to lose some unsaved drafts in the future.

BTW, Outlook.com does not show this if you are not trying to close the tab with unsaved / not sent message. It's shown because you yourself or some setting you've made / error in browser is trying to close the tab.

5. ICIT2LOL Win User
    Hmm interesting Kari but this happens so often it is really quite annoying and I don't mean if I want to go to another tab or leave it for any length of time it will happen as I am typing the message and up to six to seven times if it is a lengthy one.

Sometimes it will do this if I sit and think what to type next but it isn't as if I am leaving it for more than say a few seconds.

I ave tried that other option but it works for a couple of days then comes back.

But this is not th eonly thing that is beginning to get me offside with 10 and I have posted threads for them too.

ICIT2LOL, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Email dropping out

1. Email dropping out - Similar Threads - Email dropping

2. Accessing an emailed windows download without internet

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Accessing an emailed windows download without internet: I recently got a new PC and bought Windows 10 Home via email download. However when trying to access my email/internet on the new PC I get the following error message - "Your computer appears to be correctly configured but the device or resource (www.microsoft.com) is not...
  3. How do I set up pins on other apps instead of using passwords, like email for example;

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I set up pins on other apps instead of using passwords, like email for example;: How do I switch all my logins to pin numbers instead of passwords. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-set-up-pins-on-other-apps-instead-of/6d63d1b9-2716-4104-a1fc-21e57e35f9d8
  4. Mail App on Windows - and the original email server

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail App on Windows - and the original email server: Hi, I have had some email exchange with a booking company in the last few days using Mail App. When I look at my gmail inbox online, I cannot see any of them. However, some other emails sent to me from e.g. Curry PC World is there and it is on the Mail App inbox as well....
  5. How do I back up emails onto my hard drive? I am using Windows 10 Mail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I back up emails onto my hard drive? I am using Windows 10 Mail: How do I back up emails onto my hard drive? I am using Windows 10 Mail and cannot see option to take back up copy. I have a lot of emails and folders and want to be able to save them onto my laptop....
  6. Email PDF attachments from Gmail not showing up on my Windows 10 Mail platform - September 2019

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Email PDF attachments from Gmail not showing up on my Windows 10 Mail platform - September 2019: Email PDF attachments from Gmail not showing up via Mail Version 16005.11901.20184.0 on my Windows 10, 64-bit, version 1903 OS build: 18362.356, Mail platform - 22 September 2019...
  7. how to activate Microsoft Home Use program if validation emails are blocked

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    how to activate Microsoft Home Use program if validation emails are blocked: In order to activate the Microsoft Home Use Program, one has to enter one's work email address. Microsoft then sends a validation email to one's work email address. However, if one's company is blocking those validation emails, is there an alternative way to activate the...
  8. Window 10 mail dropped main email account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window 10 mail dropped main email account: For a second time, I opened windows 10 mail to find my main email account no longer listed. The inbox shows email sent to that account although I can or was able to read the my mail using the ISP's internet based mail package. The last time I added the account and windows 10...
  9. Emails drop in the wrong inbox

in Windows 10 Customization
    Emails drop in the wrong inbox: I have two email accounts: Gmail and Hotmail. But I get my Gmail letters into Hotmail inbox. How can adjust it? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/emails-drop-in-the-wrong-inbox/87be0a05-626d-42e4-9fda-5b8c111be896
  10. Mail App: Removing drop down email address suggestions

in Browsers and Email
    Mail App: Removing drop down email address suggestions: I'm not a big fan of the MS Mail program and don't really use it for serious stuff but somehow or other if I create a new email then as I start to enter the recipients address a whole load of suggestions will appear. I don't have any contacts in the People app so I'm not sure...