Windows 10: Email font

Discus and support Email font in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I send an email the font is some sort of elaborate script which I have not chosen nor would I choose. How do I set a default font to a standard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by D.Nance, Oct 18, 2018.

1. D.Nance Win User

Email font

When I send an email the font is some sort of elaborate script which I have not chosen nor would I choose. How do I set a default font to a standard one such as New Times Roman? Not a fan of script fonts for mail....using hotmail classic format...

:)

D.Nance, Oct 18, 2018

2. FONTS

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to follow the instruction provided below and check.

Step 1:

• Download the font type you want to install.
    • Right click and click on install.
    • Check if you are able to view the fonts in documents.
    Or

Step 2:

• Download the font type you want to install.
    • Open Control Panel.
    • Click on fonts.
    • Now, drag and drop the downloaded fonts in the font’s folder.

Hope this information helps. If you have any queries, let us know. Will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Oct 18, 2018
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    font changing in email

Hi,

Please answer this question to assist you better.

How are you accessing mail e.g. Mail app or Outlook?

As per your query, I like to inform you that,

• You, cannot change the default font of Windows Mail app.

• However, you can change the font specific to the Email. Example: You can change the font of your message, when you are sending a new Email.

If you are using Mail app then I suggest you to run App troubleshooter and check if that helps.

Run the Windows App Troubleshooter.

I suggest you to download and run the app troubleshooter from the below link and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Do let us know if you are able to resolve the issue with fonts while writing mails. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Oct 18, 2018
  4. Email font

Windows Live Mail error "This page uses fonts that need to be temporarily installed. This is usually safe. Do you want to allow these fonts to be downloaded?"

Hi Edward,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

• Are you facing this issue when you send or receive mail to particular email "Videomaker eNews" or all?

If the issue is with all the emails then I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the font settings and check if it helps.

• Open the “Windows Live mail” and click on “File”.
    • Go to “Options “and click on “Mail”.
    • Then click on “Compose” and click on “Font settings”.
    • And check whether the “font size is 10 and Arial”.
    • Then click on “Apply” and “ok”.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Oct 18, 2018
Thema:

Email font

1. Email font - Similar Threads - Email font

2. How to set email font, new Outlook

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to set email font, new Outlook: How does one set the default font for emails composed in the new Outlook? Help gives the answer "Go to File > Options > Mail > Stationery and Fonts..."But there is no "File" in the new Outlook! I've also looked at the Windows options and outlook.live.com/mail etc. and can't...
  3. How to set email font, new Outlook

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to set email font, new Outlook: How does one set the default font for emails composed in the new Outlook? Help gives the answer "Go to File > Options > Mail > Stationery and Fonts..."But there is no "File" in the new Outlook! I've also looked at the Windows options and outlook.live.com/mail etc. and can't...
  4. How to set email font, new Outlook

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How to change font size for From, Subject, Received...in search emails on Outlook?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change font size for From, Subject, Received...in search emails on Outlook?: Hello,After search the inbox, the Results unread email fields From, Subject, Received.. show on the Outlook are too small. Please see the attached image. Could you please tell me how to change the size of the text? Thanks.Andy...
  6. How to change font size for From, Subject, Received...in search emails on Outlook?

How to change font size for From, Subject, Received...in search emails on Outlook?: Hello,After search the inbox, the Results unread email fields From, Subject, Received.. show on the Outlook are too small. Please see the attached image. Could you please tell me how to change the size of the text? Thanks.Andy...
  7. Default font size cannot be set in Windows 11 email app 2022

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Default font size cannot be set in Windows 11 email app 2022: I have 2 email accounts in my Windows 11 email app. The second one, my aol email account, does not change the default font size when I select it, the default font only works on the other email, my yahoo email account, which seems to be listed as my primary account in the...
  8. Default font size cannot be set in Windows 11 email app 2022

Default font size cannot be set in Windows 11 email app 2022: I have 2 email accounts in my Windows 11 email app. The second one, my aol email account, does not change the default font size when I select it, the default font only works on the other email, my yahoo email account, which seems to be listed as my primary account in the...
  9. How do I increase the font size when creating a new Outlook email?

in Browsers and Email
    How do I increase the font size when creating a new Outlook email?: When I create a new email in Outlook the font is so small that I can hardly read it. See the snip below. (When the snip appears in the Forum, the font size looks much bigger than it actually is.) Is there any way that I can increase this please? My Outlook version is 2107,...
  10. Outlook 2019 : New email : HTML : lost opportunity to alter font

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 2019 : New email : HTML : lost opportunity to alter font: I seem inexplicably to have lost the capability to alter / enhance Font when composing a New Email in Outlook 2019. New Email > Message > Basic Text just has the Font, and Paragraph, sections greyed out. When I select Format and choose HTML (my default) there is no change....