Windows 10: Email from Microsoft account team - legit or phishing?

Discus and support Email from Microsoft account team - legit or phishing? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am receiving the following email and fear it is phishing? It said the email is from Microsoft account team <*** Email address is removed for privacy... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by VickyHale1, Sep 18, 2019.

1. Email from Microsoft account team - legit or phishing?

I am receiving the following email and fear it is phishing? It said the email is from Microsoft account team <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***>. Is it a legit email from microsoft? It wants me to click a box to review and release messages:

Microsoft has prevented the delivery of messages. We detected that you have 9 undelivered or delayed mails which didn't get to you. This was caused due to a system mail delivery malfunction and securely upgrade to a more secure platform.

You have to Review & Release Messages to your mailbox to avoid System Violation.

:)

VickyHale1, Sep 18, 2019

2. phishing email

While there are legitimate emails from the Microsoft account team,
    email phishing scams using the Microsoft name
    are very common so you have to be very careful. A
    legitimate email address domain from Microsoft is @accountprotection.microsoft.com.

This is an example of an older scam:
    Ask Leo: Is Windows Live Hotmail about to close my account?

quietman7 - MVP, Sep 18, 2019
  3. rpsgc Win User
    rpsgc, Sep 18, 2019
  4. Email from Microsoft account team - legit or phishing?

Jsssssssss, Sep 18, 2019
Thema:

Email from Microsoft account team - legit or phishing?

1. Email from Microsoft account team - legit or phishing? - Similar Threads - Email Microsoft account

2. Is this a legit email from Microsoft?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is this a legit email from Microsoft?: I just received an email from "*** Email address is removed for privacy ***" in my spam folder, and I am unsure whether it's legit or not. Especially since I hover over the link in the email which will send me to a "safelinks.protection.outlook.com" which seems to be legit...
  3. How to Report Fraudulent "Microsoft Account Team" Phishing Email in Mail App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Report Fraudulent "Microsoft Account Team" Phishing Email in Mail App: How do we report phishing email purporting to be from Microsoft to Microsoft in Windows 10 Mail app? E.g., forwarding it to [report_ms_phish?@?microsoft.com] email would be easy. Expanding the Junk option might be even better. Note this is not 365 nor Outlook -- just...
  4. How to Report Fraudulent "Microsoft Account Team" Phishing Email in Mail App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Report Fraudulent "Microsoft Account Team" Phishing Email in Mail App: How do we report phishing email purporting to be from Microsoft to Microsoft in Windows 10 Mail app? E.g., forwarding it to [report_ms_phish?@?microsoft.com] email would be easy. Expanding the Junk option might be even better. Note this is not 365 nor Outlook -- just...
  5. legit microsoft email

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    legit microsoft email: I just recently activated my windows. I recieved an email from *** Email address is removed for privacy *** with my Microsoft verification code. The case number was 1032149742. Everything went well. I was just wondering, if this email address was legit, was really from...
  6. Email from Microsoft account team

Email from Microsoft account team: Is this a legit email address.......Microsoft account team *** Email address is removed for privacy *** Email says to click on links in email to verify activity........
  7. I received a message from "Team Microsoft". Is this legit?

I received a message from "Team Microsoft". Is this legit?: Is this legit? I don't use Mac Pro. Dear Customer, This is to inform you that login Credentials for the Microsoft account was just changed using your email network file and IP address. Please find below the details Platform - Mac Pro IP address - 953.xx.xx,xx...
  8. Official phishing email from Microsoft

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Official phishing email from Microsoft: Microsoft has officially sent me fishing like email telling me that i have uploaded personal photos taken by my iphone to my One Drive folder , but i have never uploaded any personal photo to one drive folder, its ridiculous please help...
  9. I am receiving the following email and fear it is phishing? Is it a legit email from...

I am receiving the following email and fear it is phishing? Is it a legit email from...: Microsoft has prevented the delivery of messages. We detected that you have 9 undelivered or delayed mails which didn't get to you. This was caused due to a system mail delivery malfunction and securely upgrade to a more secure platform. You have to Review & Release Messages...
  10. Is this a phishing email - Account closure?

Is this a phishing email - Account closure?: Received this email from Microsoft OneDrive: Your *** Email address is removed for privacy *** account has been unused for the past two years, and will be deleted on October 19 2018. If you would like to keep your account, please visit OneDrive to reactivate it. Click link...