Windows 10: Email from Microsoft account team

Discus and support Email from Microsoft account team in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Is this a legit email address.......Microsoft account team *** Email address is removed for privacy *** Email says to click on links in email to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Gchap47, Sep 18, 2020.

1. Gchap47 Win User

Email from Microsoft account team

Is this a legit email address.......Microsoft account team *** Email address is removed for privacy *** Email says to click on links in email to verify activity.....

:)

Gchap47, Sep 18, 2020
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, Sep 18, 2020
  3. How to add a Microsoft email account to Outlook 2016

I saw an old post describing the steps to add an msn.com email account to Microsoft Outlook. It had to be done manually selecting the first option and using blu404.m.hotmail as the server. If I try to do the same, however, I get an error message saying that the server can't be reached.

How can I add a Microsoft email account (hotmail/outlook) to desktop Outlook? I can use this email account in Outlook Live, (it shows Outlook Mail in the upper left corner of my emails), but I can't add it to Outlook 2016 from Office Professional. I was able to add an @att.net email account, but I don't know what to do for a Microsoft account.

If I try to add it without any manual steps I get an error message saying (more or less): "an encrypted email did not work, try and unencrypted email", but that does not work either. Clearly, some manual configuration is needed: please guide me along the required steps. In case it matters, my password is 8 characters long.

Karen Clayton, Sep 18, 2020
  4. Email from Microsoft account team

email account hacked. please help

Also may I suggest you change email accounts to one of the following.....

Gmail
    Outlook

The reason is they both use "Step two verification". This style of verification means even if a hacker gets your password they cannot log in to your account. You see every time someone try's to log in that hasn't been verified you will get a text or a phone call giving you a final code to log in. Its very easy and simple to setup also. The great thing is once you setup your Email application with a specific "application password" from that account you never have to log in again AND your account is protected from being logged in from foreign entities.

I like the new outlook personally however Gmail is also damn good. Gmail also has an IP tracker that allows you to see WHERE the account has been logged in from. Anyway let us know if you wanna change over and have any questions. We will be happy to help and welcome to TPU!

TheMailMan78, Sep 18, 2020
Thema:

Email from Microsoft account team

1. Email from Microsoft account team - Similar Threads - Email Microsoft account

2. One time code emails I'm getting from Microsoft account team

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    One time code emails I'm getting from Microsoft account team: Everyday I get two or three emails saying they are giving me the one time code to log in that I requested. I have not been making these requests and wonder why I am getting these emails. Is someone trying to hack into my account?...
  3. Microsoft Teams issue with 2 email accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Teams issue with 2 email accounts: I have 2 email accounts and the live.ca one is connected to my microsoft account but I do not use it for work. I use gmail now and have entered it into microsoft. My problem is that Teams is connected to the live account and not to gmail so my calendar and meeting requests go...
  4. Microsoft Teams issue with 2 email accounts

Microsoft Teams issue with 2 email accounts: I have 2 email accounts and the live.ca one is connected to my microsoft account but I do not use it for work. I use gmail now and have entered it into microsoft. My problem is that Teams is connected to the live account and not to gmail so my calendar and meeting requests go...
  5. Emails from Microsoft Account Team regarding "Microsoft account unusual signin activity"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Emails from Microsoft Account Team regarding "Microsoft account unusual signin activity": For some time I have received emails from Microsoft Account Team stating "Microsoft account unusual signin activity". I went to my recent signin activity data and found my own signin activity plus seven other signin attempts all unsuccessful in the last 2 weeks. They were...
  6. Emails from Microsoft Account Team regarding "Microsoft account unusual signin activity"

Emails from Microsoft Account Team regarding "Microsoft account unusual signin activity": For some time I have received emails from Microsoft Account Team stating "Microsoft account unusual signin activity". I went to my recent signin activity data and found my own signin activity plus seven other signin attempts all unsuccessful in the last 2 weeks. They were...
  7. Emails from Microsoft Account Team regarding "Microsoft account unusual signin activity"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Not getting an email from Microsoft support team.

Not getting an email from Microsoft support team.: I'm trying to reset my password, for my Microsoft account which is *** Email address is removed for privacy *** because I don't know what my password is and can only login using fingerprint ID, but I need to login to it on other devices but when I click to have an email sent...
  9. just got a weird email from microsoft account team,help!

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    just got a weird email from microsoft account team,help!: hey. just got email that my account name not this account was changed.i did not change it!im trying to log in but dont get the code they send bc its sent to the new account name,i think. please help! thanks....
  10. Email from Microsoft account team - legit or phishing?

Email from Microsoft account team - legit or phishing?: I am receiving the following email and fear it is phishing? It said the email is from Microsoft account team <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***>. Is it a legit email from microsoft? It wants me to click a box to review and release messages: Microsoft has...