Windows 10: Email from Microsoft? Is this a scam?

Discus and support Email from Microsoft? Is this a scam? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Auto-Renewal $249.99 Charged Successfully. Dear Valued Customer, Thank you for your Order. Invoice #011215-102020 Receipt #0061 Amount Charged :... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by R.Strang, Oct 21, 2020.

1. R.Strang Win User

Email from Microsoft? Is this a scam?

Auto-Renewal $249.99 Charged Successfully.

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for your Order.

Invoice
    #011215-102020
    Receipt #0061
    Amount Charged : $249.99
    Product Renewed: MS Defender ATP

If you have any questions or wish to stop Auto Renewal, Please call our Help Desk at +1-530-264-8544within the next 48 Hours of receiving this email.

You can also start a chat session with our experts by clicking on the Chat Now Box Below.

Next

MS-Defender Team

You have received this email to update service purchase.

:)

R.Strang, Oct 21, 2020
  2. P APowell Win User

Microsoft Scam email

It took me an extremely long time last month when I received this same email to find where in Microsoft it told us how to get rid of the scam email. Can't get it off my computer screen. It says Microsoft -- Urgent -- you have an infection or something
    like that and there is a woman saying it over and over and over and she's still going on.

There is a location in Microsoft where it tells you the steps to take and programs to run to get rid of it. I have Windows 10. It's written for older system but tells you what to do for 10. I found it, followed and scam was gone. But knowing so much
    about computers, it only took me about 15 hours to find out what to do by the age old method of hit and miss.

Does anyone know the Microsoft site address to go to so I can start the process again -- PLEASE.

P APowell, Oct 21, 2020
  3. BobBarr Win User
    New steam scam/Phising attempt

did you forward it to valve? i know someone on my friends list that sent them an email about a scam thing some time ago and was rewarded =D

BobBarr, Oct 21, 2020
Thema:

Email from Microsoft? Is this a scam?

1. Email from Microsoft? Is this a scam? - Similar Threads - Email Microsoft scam

2. Scam emails

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Scam emails: I received an email from this address id it real?*** Email address is removed for privacy *** help is good https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/scam-emails/143b0392-bb05-42bd-accc-6d6e6586a664
  3. Scam Email??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scam Email??: I revived this email however I DID Not Renew or Sign Up for Anything. I'm thinking it is a Scam. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scam-email/7586457e-1f75-46d0-991a-33466a9cc526
  4. Microsoft Scam Email

Microsoft Scam Email: Got this today 3/16/2021 in Yahoo Email: SCAM?PHISH???? I NEVER Ordered it. Anybody else get this???: Windows Defender Order <*** Email address is...
  5. SCAM FROM MICROSOFT

SCAM FROM MICROSOFT: I RANG PHONE NUMBER ON SCAM POP UP AND FOLLOWED SOME OF CALLERS INSTRUCTIONS WHAT SHALL I DO NOW https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/scam-from-microsoft/ae27a278-6d64-4000-be70-f74c502a1da9
  6. Scam email

Scam email: On Wed., 1 Jul. 2020 at 12:38 p.m., Auto-Renewal <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***> wrote: Hi, Your subscription for Windows Defender has been successfully renewed and updated. PRODUCT INFORMATION Product Name Windows Defender Firewall Order Date...
  7. Scam email

Scam email: Hello, I keep getting the email below, which I know is a scam and it said your password is and said wha my password was but not the full passworj as th one it said was not right Everything on the web says that it is a scam and Thank you for your help....
  8. email scam?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    email scam?: I've been receiving emails stating my Windows10 will expire soon. Is this a legit email? Also is there a phone number for support? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-scam/fd20a1ff-bf69-4278-8089-b23decf709dd
  9. email scam

email scam: I received an email saying my Windows License Key got expired and has been infected with a spyware. Pretty sure this is a scam. Do you want me to forward the email? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-scam/3568f12c-39d7-4002-b6d4-348d0db94140"
  10. Scam email?

Scam email?: I received the following unsolicited email. Is this a scam/phishing? Microsoft account password reset Inbox x [ATTACH] Microsoft account team <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***> Nov 19, 2018, 4:28 PM (7 days ago) [IMG] [IMG] to me [IMG] Microsoft account...