Windows 10: Email from windows 10 mail app goes straight to gmail spam folder

Discus and support Email from windows 10 mail app goes straight to gmail spam folder in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have set up my windows 10 mail app, I really like it and want to use it. However, I have noticed that when I send emails to a gmail account through... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ThorFromNorth, May 4, 2020.

1. Email from windows 10 mail app goes straight to gmail spam folder

I have set up my windows 10 mail app, I really like it and want to use it.

However, I have noticed that when I send emails to a gmail account through the app, the email is categorized as spam with the receiver.
    This is particularly wierd because if I send mail from the provided online website domain/email provider, or if I use the same information to send a mail from Outlook to a gmail address, it goes in their normal inbox.

This applies both when I add my information in the app through the "Other account POP, IMAP" option and if I add it through the "Advanced setup" option. I use my own domain, not hotmail etc.

Is there something with gmail not recognizing the app as legitimate?

:)

ThorFromNorth, May 4, 2020
  2. lx07 Win User

Gmail goes to spam folder with no rules set

sounds like your answer then.

cox.net is sending gmail to spam.

There are a few threads about it

Cox is now blocking/dumping forwarded emails - Internet Forum - Internet Forum - Cox Support Forums

Mail going to spam folder in cox.net - Internet Forum - Internet Forum - Cox Support Forums

If you PM me her address I'll send a gmail message from my account and then you can see if it is a problem with your gmail account in particular being flagged as spam sender or not. Don't post her address publicly whatever you do Email from windows 10 mail app goes straight to gmail spam folder :)

lx07, May 4, 2020
  3. Emails going straight to spam folder

iPhone 6 my work emails do not go into inbox but straight to spam folder and phone does not alert me

petercharlesIE, May 4, 2020
  4. erndog Win User

Email from windows 10 mail app goes straight to gmail spam folder

Gmail goes to spam folder with no rules set

Ok. I sent another test email from gmail to her. I opened up cox.net's webmail site on her account, using my Linux machine(no windows on the harddrive at all), and the gmail email was sitting in her webmail spam folder.

erndog, May 4, 2020
Thema:

Email from windows 10 mail app goes straight to gmail spam folder

1. Email from windows 10 mail app goes straight to gmail spam folder - Similar Threads - Email mail app

2. Spam folder Mail box app !

in Windows 10 Customization
    Spam folder Mail box app !: I have been reading old posts about "No Spam folder" in Windows Mail box app. I have been using this app for a number of years and think it's great. Over the last few days I have been waiting for replys to emails. I decided to open my main yahoo account and I found them in...
  3. Windows 10 mail app suddenly allowing hundreds of spam emails in my bulk folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 mail app suddenly allowing hundreds of spam emails in my bulk folder: It started yesterday. I have an sbcglobal.net account that I use. I am seeing over 300 a day of these. It's like the flood gates from hell opened. No idea how to stop it....
  4. Gmail Spam Folder

in Browsers and Email
    Gmail Spam Folder: I have used the same Gmail Email address for ages. Recently, I have been getting more Spam than I was getting not so long ago. I am normally very careful in how I use it and unsure why its happening. Messages in Spam folder are automatically deleted after 30 days. Should I...
  5. App Posta - Mail App - Windows 10 - sent mail goes to spam

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    App Posta - Mail App - Windows 10 - sent mail goes to spam: Hi all, every time I send an email with the app Mail for Windows 10 the email goes automatically into the spam folder of my gmail account. This was not the case in the past. Recently I have contacted your chat support and your agent solved the problem by updating the version...
  6. Sending Gmails from Windows Mail go to Mail spam

Sending Gmails from Windows Mail go to Mail spam: The problem is about 2 weeks old now, find that the only option for reliability is to send from my gmail account server. Also the spam details are passed to my spam in the gmail account. It is possible to transfer the file from spam by ticking its not junk this also alters...
  7. Why are my sent emails going to the spam folder for windows 10 mail using gmail

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why are my sent emails going to the spam folder for windows 10 mail using gmail: Why are my sent emails going to the spam folder for windows 10 mail using gmail. It is frustrating that my sent emails are ending up in spam and not sending. This is a recent development as I am using Gmail with Windows 10 mail....
  8. Windows Mail App: All Sent Gmail ends up in Spam folder

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Mail App: All Sent Gmail ends up in Spam folder: Since the latest Windows Mail update to Version 16005.12827.20200.0 all emails sent via my Gmail account end up in the Spam folder instead of the normal Sent folder. This is confusing as it appears as if the email was not sent. Is this a general problem? If so, please can...
  9. gmail with windows 10 mail app sent email disappears

gmail with windows 10 mail app sent email disappears: I have configured windows 10 mail application with my google email address. I sent a mail. I got an acknowledgement email back in reply, but the sent email has disappeared. Its not in sent mail, sent items, or all mail. I've also checked on mail.google.com directly. The...
  10. Gmail goes to spam folder with no rules set

in Browsers and Email
    Gmail goes to spam folder with no rules set: My wife is not getting any emails that originate from gmail. They go directly to the spam folder regardless of which email program is used. I have confirmed this with both Outlook and Mozilla Thunderbird. No rules are set, yet they still go to spam. I deactivated her avast...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 mail gmail spam

2. windows 10 mail spam folder