Windows 10: email link browser selection

Discus and support email link browser selection in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I click on a link within an email message, I receive a screen asking which program to open the said link. I choose Internet Explorer and check the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Rainman 101, Oct 31, 2018.

1. email link browser selection

When I click on a link within an email message, I receive a screen asking which program to open the said link. I choose Internet Explorer and check the box to always use this program. IE is my default browser but this continues to pop up when I click on a link within any email message received. My OS is Windows X and I am using Outlook 2010. All help greatly appreciated... Thank you.

:)

Rainman 101, Oct 31, 2018
  2. Calabria Win User

Win10 Outlook email link to browser

Every time i open an email and then click a link to go to a website Windows 10 pops up a question of which browser i want to use for that link. I select the Always use this app option but it asks every time. I have set Chrome as my default browser but it still asks this question every time. How can this pop up stop asking?

email link browser selection [​IMG]

Calabria, Oct 31, 2018
  3. PJLLB Win User
    Win10 Outlook email link to browser

This is a bug that is discussed in another thread about the same issue for IE.

PJLLB, Oct 31, 2018
  4. email link browser selection

Links are require I select application to ope

Hello,

We understand you are concern, we'll certainly assist you with this.

I suggest you to refer the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + X keys, select
      Control Panel.
    • Select Default Programs, Select
      Associate a file type or a protocol with a program.
    • Associate the protocol (File extension) respective to your need of browser or a program and check.
    Hope this helps, let us know the status of the issue.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Oct 31, 2018
Thema:

email link browser selection

1. email link browser selection - Similar Threads - email link browser

2. Outlook links to browser

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Outlook links to browser: After the last update, I can no longer open outlook hyper links to a browser used to be edge.Cannot seem to find a solution in control panel.Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-links-to-browser/eda35a1b-e12a-4232-a907-900b2fbbe3d3
  3. Links in email

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Links in email: When I click on a link in an email, a window full of code pops up. I click again and the link opens up. How do I get rid of the box of code that comes up first ? 169087
  4. Copying EMAIL link to Web Browser for Testing ??

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Copying EMAIL link to Web Browser for Testing ??: I never click on an EMAIL link. I just copy them to the browser address block to see and them possibly execute to go to that link location. ----------------- QUESTION ----------------- 1) Is this OK or am I still opening myself up to get infected? 2) What is the best way to...
  5. Links in emails

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Links in emails: I routinely receive notices from court clerks advising that a new pleading or motion has been filed in a case in which I am involved. These emails contain a link that should take me directly to the newly filed document. However, the links are not active. How do I activate...
  6. Email links

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Email links: Unable to open links in my email https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-links/eac3e806-0f2f-4ac7-aa0f-18c60a9f09aa
  7. Email Linked?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Email Linked?: My past fathers account is stuck to mine, what can I do to remove it. He doesn't know anything either. Help is much appreciated Pic | | v [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-linked/7460f915-9332-4481-bb5b-4046d9b87c8b
  8. Browser link in Emails

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Browser link in Emails: Email links are becoming a major problem, through viruses and phishing. Why on earth hasn't Microsoft produced a simple switch to stop an email link opening a browser. I understand that outlook can do it, but we don't all have that, but we almost all have some version of...
  9. emailing links

in Browsers and Email
    emailing links: When I try to add a You Tube link to an email it says "We couldn't add your attachments. Please try again." 112071
  10. Win10 Outlook email link to browser

in Browsers and Email
    Win10 Outlook email link to browser: Every time i open an email and then click a link to go to a website Windows 10 pops up a question of which browser i want to use for that link. I select the Always use this app option but it asks every time. I have set Chrome as my default browser but it still asks this...