Windows 10: email link not opening

Discus and support email link not opening in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I am running Windows 10 v 1903 64bit,also Firefox Quantum 68.0.164bit.My Email is Outlook. When I open an Email I get a link with letters and numbers... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Terrysutt, Aug 13, 2019.

1. Terrysutt Win User

email link not opening

I am running Windows 10 v 1903 64bit,also Firefox Quantum 68.0.164bit.My Email is Outlook.
    When I open an Email I get a link with letters and numbers like a code(see screenshot)but when I click on them
    nothing happens,I have to close the email programme to read them on the desktop.Is there any way to open
    them in Outlook?

:)

Terrysutt, Aug 13, 2019

2. problem opening email links

Hi Rich,

Thanks for replying to us with the status of your issue.

We appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps.

To assist you better, I like to know; are you able to access the link from any different computer?

I suggest you to start your system safe mode with Networking and check if your able to access the links form Emails. If you are able to access the links in safe mode with networking then perform clean boot in your system.

Follow the below steps:

Step 1: To start your system in safe mode with Networking, follow the below steps:

• Press and hold Shift key and
      restart
      your Computer.

• Select Troubleshoot.

• Select Advance Option.

• Select Startup Settings.

• Follow the on Screen instruction.

• Select Safe mode with Networking, from the list of options

Step 2: Perform Clean boot.

A clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Note: Steps mentioned for Windows 8/8.1, will work fine with Windows 10.

Disclaimer: Please go through the section: How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot of the Kb article to boot the computer in normal startup after fixing the issue.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Aug 13, 2019
  3. John Vil Win User
    Can't open Outlook links in Edge

Hi,

In order for us to assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Dose this problem occur on a particular website or all the links you try to open from Outlook?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done?

In the meantime, we suggest that you reset Microsoft Edge. Kindly refer to the steps below:

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Click on More options […].
    • Click on Settings.
    • Click on ‘Choose what to clear’.
    • Select all of them and click on Clear all.

We look forward for your reply.

John Vil, Aug 13, 2019
  4. jmdraft Win User

email link not opening

Can not open emails in chrome

Recently returned from hospital, I’m trying to open my emails I Chrome gmail.

Please provide step by step instructions to return gmail to default view and function so that I may open my email.

Since I can’t open and see the responses provided.

Please send them to both my gmail and to my yahoo email address: L: @yahoo.com

jmdraft, Aug 13, 2019
Thema:

email link not opening

1. email link not opening - Similar Threads - email link opening

2. links in emails won´t open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    links in emails won´t open: Good morning, Since a few weeks I can´t open links in emails anymore and I get presented with the following error message:How can I solve this? I work with office 365 for business as part of my company´s account and with this I can open the links no problem. But my personal...
  3. Links in email won't open.

Links in email won't open.: Links in email won't open. I have the latest Windows 10 update installed. I tried changing default browsers to no avail. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/links-in-email-wont-open/0084757b-2903-451f-b40f-260ef8968e2f
  4. How to open email link with microsoft mail

How to open email link with microsoft mail: Hi, I accidentally chose chrome as my predefined app to open email links, how can I change it?? Edit: Nevermind, I found it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-open-email-link-with-microsoft-mail/95387b32-d819-4fbd-972c-8590482def7f
  5. i cannot open links in my emails

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    i cannot open links in my emails: I cannot open links in my emails https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-open-links-in-my-emails/4c47bb2a-7672-4096-86a9-2b65371c6243
  6. Email Problem "unable to open" link

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Email Problem "unable to open" link: Just back from 2 week vacation and every time I try to open an email link I get "unable to open" followed by the path info. What's happening? I can't find a solution? Can anyone help? Thanks...
  7. Links will not open in email. Outlook 2007

in Windows 10 Customization
    Links will not open in email. Outlook 2007: Hi! I am lost. I have looked all over the web and tried the repairs for this problem but I have come to no avail. I cannot open links from my email. I have edge as my default browser. I am using outlook 2007 and I have the latest updates. I have tried using firefox as my...
  8. Email Links on the web (in Chrome) will not open emails in Outlook.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Email Links on the web (in Chrome) will not open emails in Outlook.: First - I am a very NON-TECHNICAL user. But I have been frustrated because when I am on a website and it gives me an option to CLICK HERE to email someone, the link won't open my Outlook email (or any email). I gave checked my WIndows Settings Defaulkt Apps and it shows...
  9. Difficulty opening links in emails..

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Difficulty opening links in emails..: When I click on links in emails I'm taken to a grey coloured page with a small "e" in the centre and then to a hyperlink and a box that says "waiting for response" however bo response comes. This is not how my email usually works. I'm appreciative of any help....
  10. Unable to open links from Outlook.live.com email

in Browsers and Email
    Unable to open links from Outlook.live.com email: Yesterday I could open any link from my email. I have not downloaded any new programs. When I click on a link in an email the following is in the heading - nam06.safelinks.protection.outlook.com - The page that opens has the Office 365 logo, which I don't use, and a...