Windows 10: Email link problem

Discus and support Email link problem in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; When clicking on a link in an E mail I get a box full of technical letters and numbers and the link doesn`t open. When I close Outlook,the link is... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Terrysutt, Feb 23, 2019.

1. Terrysutt Win User

Email link problem

When clicking on a link in an E mail I get a box full of technical letters and numbers and the link doesn`t open.
    When I close Outlook,the link is opened on the screen.I`ve attempted to include a screenshot (if it works).

:)

Terrysutt, Feb 23, 2019

2. problem opening email links

Hi Rich,

Thanks for replying to us with the status of your issue.

We appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps.

To assist you better, I like to know; are you able to access the link from any different computer?

I suggest you to start your system safe mode with Networking and check if your able to access the links form Emails. If you are able to access the links in safe mode with networking then perform clean boot in your system.

Follow the below steps:

Step 1: To start your system in safe mode with Networking, follow the below steps:

• Press and hold Shift key and
      restart
      your Computer.

• Select Troubleshoot.

• Select Advance Option.

• Select Startup Settings.

• Follow the on Screen instruction.

• Select Safe mode with Networking, from the list of options

Step 2: Perform Clean boot.

A clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Note: Steps mentioned for Windows 8/8.1, will work fine with Windows 10.

Disclaimer: Please go through the section: How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot of the Kb article to boot the computer in normal startup after fixing the issue.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Feb 23, 2019
  3. Pete1burn Win User
    Build for a friend

Can't link directly to a wish list. You need to email it to yourself and then post the link it gives you there. Then I'll look at it. *Smile Email link problem :) It's obvious you're suggesting an i7 build though. hehe

Pete1burn, Feb 23, 2019
  4. Email link problem

New emails link to old emails and they all show in the inbox

Hi Carlson,

Thank you for being part of Windows 10.

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• How many user account you have configured in the Windows Mail app?
    • What do you mean by “New emails link to old emails”?
    If you have configured more than one user account in the Windows Mail app then, I would suggest you to switch the user accounts and check the emails in the inbox.

Follow the below steps to switch the user accounts in the Windows Mail app:

• Open the Mail app.
    • Under the Accounts select one user account and check the
      Inbox
      under Folders.
    If the issue still persist then, I would recommend you to delete and reconfigure the account.

Hope the above information helps. Reply with necessary information and the result to help you further.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Feb 23, 2019
Thema:

Email link problem

1. Email link problem - Similar Threads - Email link problem

2. Links in email

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Links in email: When I click on a link in an email, a window full of code pops up. I click again and the link opens up. How do I get rid of the box of code that comes up first ? 169087
  3. Links in emails

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Links in emails: I routinely receive notices from court clerks advising that a new pleading or motion has been filed in a case in which I am involved. These emails contain a link that should take me directly to the newly filed document. However, the links are not active. How do I activate...
  4. Problems with Viewing Links Shown on an Email

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problems with Viewing Links Shown on an Email: When I open a link that is shown on an email, there is a small picture of the email in the top portion of the screen that I cannot remove. The link is opened, but the area shown to read what is on the link is somewhat reduced about 2/3 the size of a normal link. Can anyone...
  5. links in emails

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    links in emails: I received an email with a link to a form I am required to fill out. However the link does not open but I get the message "you will need a new app to open this wlmailhtml. What app do I need??...
  6. Email links

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Email links: Unable to open links in my email https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-links/eac3e806-0f2f-4ac7-aa0f-18c60a9f09aa
  7. Email Linked?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Email Linked?: My past fathers account is stuck to mine, what can I do to remove it. He doesn't know anything either. Help is much appreciated Pic | | v [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-linked/7460f915-9332-4481-bb5b-4046d9b87c8b
  8. Email Problem "unable to open" link

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Email Problem "unable to open" link: Just back from 2 week vacation and every time I try to open an email link I get "unable to open" followed by the path info. What's happening? I can't find a solution? Can anyone help? Thanks...
  9. emailing links

in Browsers and Email
    emailing links: When I try to add a You Tube link to an email it says "We couldn't add your attachments. Please try again." 112071
  10. Live email link problems

in Browsers and Email
    Live email link problems: For the last 10 years I have used a snippet of JavaScript in web pages to encode clients’ email addresses. These worked fine on all our websites until a recent Windows 10 Update. People using Windows XP and Windows 7 have no problems with the live links. Now our clients’...