Windows 10: Email linked to old Microsoft account was deleted a long time ago, is it possible to change...

Discus and support Email linked to old Microsoft account was deleted a long time ago, is it possible to change... in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; An old email account I had linked to my Microsoft account on my PC was deleted a while back, and I still have the Microsoft account as my main account... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by sploob, May 2, 2022.

1. sploob Win User

Email linked to old Microsoft account was deleted a long time ago, is it possible to change...

An old email account I had linked to my Microsoft account on my PC was deleted a while back, and I still have the Microsoft account as my main account on Windows 10, I want to change the email linked to said account but I'm not sure if I can. Is there a way to log in?

:)

sploob, May 2, 2022

2. Linking my Xbox & Microsoft Accounts - Not Possible?

Hi,

You can only download and access your games and apps by using the Microsoft account that you used to purchase them. To resolve your concern, we suggest that you change the email address attached to your Xbox Live profile by following the steps on this

link

You have to log in to your old email address and change it to the new email address.

For account verification or to check if your gamertag is already attached to the new email, you can contact Xbox Chat Support or request a call on this

link

Should you have any other queries, you can contact us anytime.

Loraine Mon, May 2, 2022
  3. Possible hacked Microsoft email account

Well, I am feeling foolish! I misunderstood completely and simply went and changed my password before checking login attempts. In the ensuing PC housework, I added the new PW to my PW manager(in Bitdefender) then opened a word document I keep on a thumb drive made the change in that. During all this open close delete copy paste, I inadvertantly replaced the PW for the word document and didn't save it in a separate notepad file as a backup- I generally do this. Well, in the confusion w/ the microsoft site, I somehow got another code and following what I thought were the correct instructions. I changed the password (MS email account) AGAIN and using copy . paste I tried to open my word document only to find out I had changed the password without a backup!!! (GROAN) Fortunately, I produced a hardcopy of the password list just a day before. This list had some pw that aren't on the Bitdefender password mgr. So I now have to type ALL my passwords from the paper copy (2 pages!) and some are 12 characters including alphanumeric and symbols. I do not touch type so it will be a very tedious procedure. I have an image from 5 days ago but there have been some changes not on that image.
    So all this to say I didn't follow your directions FIRST- I was (am) feeling a bit under the weather so I just didn't think I needed to go thru microsoft's hoops. I had to go to Pharmacy for some meds and when I returned I re read your instructions and followed them as written. Yea There have been 5 attempts to access my account since 12 Dec including an "Automatic Sync" 4 hrs previous today from Germany.
    So after all this I profusely apologize for trying to skip a step that I didn't understand. I only recall the 2 attempts that I mentioned at the outset of this - perhaps I just assumed spam? Bitdefender does notify me that my account needs attention, so I go to settings, accounts etc and am told all is well. But I didn't get all the notices from MSFT by email. But dusty memory and such....
    So if I may be so bold, what would you suggest I do? As I said, I do not use this account for anything except as a 2ndary account for an old gmail accnt that I haven't used in at least a year. Will deleting this affect my win10 install or digital license? I also have a hotmail account that I set up 20 yrs ago but only use as a throw away account when sites want an email accnt and I don't want them to have a 'good' one.
    Perhaps of no account here, I was unable to use my printer after the dec patch-I figured I would get to it soon- well, now my login is local account (was Microsoft Account). When going to print he pw list, I changed the printer back to default (it had been changed to quicken PDF printer??) I got a message that this would take printer control(?) away from Windows) Fine with me! And then it worked.
    So does any of this make any sense? No virus' or malware. (Bit defender Total) Nervous about all these attempts and changes to my laptop
    Thanks for reading this rambling rant.
    Sincerely,
    Don

DriftyDonn, May 2, 2022
  4. Kari Win User

Email linked to old Microsoft account was deleted a long time ago, is it possible to change...

Change Microsoft Account Details in Administrator Account

Hi Daryl, welcome to the Ten Forums.

It's quite easy in fact, simply switch the account in question first to a local account, then switch back to a Microsoft account, this time using your wife's MS account credentials.

Tutorials:
    Notice that before doing this you need to remove the new additional MS account on the PC, the one you created with her credentials. Windows allows only one user account for each email address, if the new account exists you cannot switch the original administrator account to an MS account using the same email address. Tutorial: User Account - Delete in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Kari, May 2, 2022
Thema:

1. Email linked to old Microsoft account was deleted a long time ago, is it possible to change... - Similar Threads - Email linked old

2. Changed old email address to a New email address on Microsoft account. Now old email...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Changed old email address to a New email address on Microsoft account. Now old email...: I changed my Old Email id on Microsoft account to a new one. I then realized that the OLD email id is linked to my Laptop. When i try to put the password to verify in setting Microsoft login says my Old Email id does not exist. please help. im worried if i turn my Laptop off...
  3. Email linked to old Microsoft account was deleted a long time ago, is it possible to change...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Email linked to old Microsoft account was deleted a long time ago, is it possible to change...: An old email account I had linked to my Microsoft account on my PC was deleted a while back, and I still have the Microsoft account as my main account on Windows 10, I want to change the email linked to said account but I'm not sure if I can. Is there a way to log in?...
  4. Email linked to old Microsoft account was deleted a long time ago, is it possible to change...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Email linked to old Microsoft account was deleted a long time ago, is it possible to change...: An old email account I had linked to my Microsoft account on my PC was deleted a while back, and I still have the Microsoft account as my main account on Windows 10, I want to change the email linked to said account but I'm not sure if I can. Is there a way to log in?...
  5. Microsoft account linked with deleted email

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft account linked with deleted email: How can I access my Microsoft account with my deleted email? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-account-linked-with-deleted-email/0b618d3b-f06f-46c6-ad31-d15511fe50ad
  6. Microsoft account linked with deleted email

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft account linked with deleted email: How can I access my Microsoft account with my deleted email? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-account-linked-with-deleted-email/0b618d3b-f06f-46c6-ad31-d15511fe50ad
  7. Microsoft account linked with deleted email

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Changing Email account linked to Microsoft Edge

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Changing Email account linked to Microsoft Edge: Hi, I loaned my laptop to a friend and, while she had it, she somehow managed to establish her email address as the email address displayed in Microsoft Edge. So every time I open Microsoft Edge my friend's name is identified in the top right hand corner as being the linked...
  9. My UserName Microsoft Account linked to an old deleted one - can't change it.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    My UserName Microsoft Account linked to an old deleted one - can't change it.: As per 'Subject'. I somehow ended up with two Microsoft Accounts. I settled on just one and have deleted the unwanted one. However Windows still indicates me as being the old MS account. After logging on (with Local Logon which is my preference) I usually get a...
  10. Change email and delete the old account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Change email and delete the old account: Hi, I changed the mail for my account but now I have two accounts white the old email? How can I delete an account and change the email for another one?...