Windows 10: Email links not working

Discus and support Email links not working in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have for the last hour had issues with opening links within an email message, it won't go to the website the link is attached to. It just says it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by sabrinabaker5611, Oct 19, 2019.

1. Email links not working

I have for the last hour had issues with opening links within an email message, it won't go to the website the link is attached to. It just says it can't open with the address that the link is provided for. It also doesn't give me any error codes or anything. Why is this happening?

:)

sabrinabaker5611, Oct 19, 2019
  2. weybrew Win User

All Gmail links fail

Thanks to Caledon Ken...your suggestion had no effect.

Thanks to bro67...Interestingly enough the Gmail link to this forum reply actually worked, as did your link to "How to Fix....." I tried steps 1 and 2 without success. Step 3 gave me the following screen, which didn't look like the article described. At any rate, the probem is unchanged...screenshot follows.

Email links not working [​IMG]

Email links not working [​IMG]

weybrew, Oct 19, 2019
  3. linked email connections not working

Suddenly am unable to receive emails in 3 linked email servers, yahoo, gmail, outlook. nothing is received not shown in folders.

tried to re connect link of the 3 but in outlook no save or other select icon appeared to complete the connection.

the windows mail icon does list the 3 servers as connected but they are not displaying any mails/messages.

my yahoo account is daily filled with 40-100 new spam emails at least. Today, nothing.

Please send any suggestions, please.

* Moved from IE11/Win 10

klaro 1590, Oct 19, 2019
  4. Email links not working

emailing links

Yes, you copy the url from browser and then paste into your email text area. I doubt dragging the url will work.

Seahawks65, Oct 19, 2019
Thema:

Email links not working

1. Email links not working - Similar Threads - Email links working

2. Links in email

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Links in email: When I click on a link in an email, a window full of code pops up. I click again and the link opens up. How do I get rid of the box of code that comes up first ? 169087
  3. Links in emails

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Links in emails: I routinely receive notices from court clerks advising that a new pleading or motion has been filed in a case in which I am involved. These emails contain a link that should take me directly to the newly filed document. However, the links are not active. How do I activate...
  4. Email links

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Email links: Unable to open links in my email https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-links/eac3e806-0f2f-4ac7-aa0f-18c60a9f09aa
  5. Email Linked?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Email Linked?: My past fathers account is stuck to mine, what can I do to remove it. He doesn't know anything either. Help is much appreciated Pic | | v [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-linked/7460f915-9332-4481-bb5b-4046d9b87c8b
  6. Email links not working in Earthlink Email program

in Browsers and Email
    Email links not working in Earthlink Email program: I have Vietnam Vet friend in AK, he tells me that when I send him an email with a hyperlink in it, he cannot get it to work immediately. However, if he comes back to it later in the day it will work. He uses Firefox as his browser and VLC for audio & video. I have to save...
  7. Email links not working in Earthlink Email program

in Windows 10 Support
    Email links not working in Earthlink Email program: I have Vietnam Vet friend in AK, he tells me that when I send him an email with a hyperlink in it, he cannot get it to work immediately. However, if he comes back to it later in the day it will work. He uses Firefox as his browser and VLC for audio & video. I have to save...
  8. links in email doesn't work

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    links in email doesn't work: When I try to click on a link in my email this keep coming up https://e.microsoft.com/key-2530502.D.CNvKf.F.K5.-.GMdkY9. What does it mean and why it takes me to the Microsoft main page?...
  9. Links in my emails are not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Links in my emails are not working: Why are the links in my emails no longer working? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/links-in-my-emails-are-not-working/10eec11b-df6d-4254-90c9-7005b44c3610
  10. emailing links

in Browsers and Email
    emailing links: When I try to add a You Tube link to an email it says "We couldn't add your attachments. Please try again." 112071