Windows 10: Email links on Web pages

Discus and support Email links on Web pages in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi Group When trying to use email links on web pages, The links dont open. I can see the email address in the status bar and it is correct. I dont get... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by awildttrout, Dec 15, 2016.

1. Email links on Web pages

Hi Group
    When trying to use email links on web pages, The links dont open. I can see the email address in the status bar and it is correct. I dont get the choice of which program on my system to open a new message with. There must be a place on my system where I can set that association.
    Appreciate your help.
    Bob

:)

awildttrout, Dec 15, 2016

2. X6 - Clicking links on web pages sometimes doesn't work

I've done that but makes no odds, this happens with pages that are fully loaded, even pages that I've already been on & gone back to.

davej---01, Dec 15, 2016
  3. Wayc00lio Win User
    X6 - Clicking links on web pages sometimes doesn't work

Mine sometimes does that but it's usually due to it being a high end web page and the page hasn't finished loading yet. Just wait a bit and then try again.

Wayc00lio, Dec 15, 2016
  4. Berton Win User

Email links on Web pages

Usually E-Mail links want to open an installed E-Mail Client program such as Outlook Express, Outlook, IncrediMail, Thunderbird, etc. I see by your System Specs you are using Windows 7, it did not come with such an application but one could download and install Microsoft Essentials which included Live Mail. HOWEVER, support for Essentials ends very soon, like next month [got that message while working with Essentials Photo Gallery just today]. Once an E-Mail Client is installed there should be a setting in Control Panel, Internet Options to set an association. I use mostly Webmail/Online E-Mail and most times have to Copy an address to Paste into my E-Mail page. It's not that big a deal once I got used to it.

Berton, Dec 15, 2016
  5. I should have been more clear. I use windows 10, but I run windows 7 in a Virtual machine.
    I was able to go into control panel and set an association between Chrome and Outlook. Now what happens is that clicking on an email link on a web page opens a new tab with with the "mail to" info in the address bar of the new tab, not in an email program. I have a laptop on which this process works as it should: the first time I click on an email link, asks me which program on my system I would like to use, and then works as it should.

awildttrout, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Email links on Web pages

1. Email links on Web pages - Similar Threads - Email links Web

2. Web Pages

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Web Pages: HiWhy do i keep seeing page not responding when looking at a website.Little circle keeps spinning.on topTHANK YOU https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/web-pages/5a964af9-02cf-43bf-baf2-a56d037d49d6
  3. Web Pages

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Web Pages: HiWhy do i keep seeing page not responding when looking at a website.Little circle keeps spinning.on topTHANK YOU https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/web-pages/5a964af9-02cf-43bf-baf2-a56d037d49d6
  4. Web Pages

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Copying EMAIL link to Web Browser for Testing ??

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Copying EMAIL link to Web Browser for Testing ??: I never click on an EMAIL link. I just copy them to the browser address block to see and them possibly execute to go to that link location. ----------------- QUESTION ----------------- 1) Is this OK or am I still opening myself up to get infected? 2) What is the best way to...
  6. Outlook popups for accessing email on a web page

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outlook popups for accessing email on a web page: When you want to use the email button on a web site to contact that person, it opens outlook. My email is gmail and I have a 365 family account but the outlook that opens still wants me to sign up for 365 and pay even though we already have it. I would like to have outlook...
  7. I am unable to connect to any link in my email or viewing a web page.

in Windows 10 Customization
    I am unable to connect to any link in my email or viewing a web page.: I am unable to connect to any link in my emails or web pages when running windows 10 or edge. When i try, all I get is a script like box and I cannot go any further. Please advise me on what to do. This does not happen when I use the Google or Firefox browser....
  8. Email Links on the web (in Chrome) will not open emails in Outlook.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Email Links on the web (in Chrome) will not open emails in Outlook.: First - I am a very NON-TECHNICAL user. But I have been frustrated because when I am on a website and it gives me an option to CLICK HERE to email someone, the link won't open my Outlook email (or any email). I gave checked my WIndows Settings Defaulkt Apps and it shows...
  9. Windows 10 EMAIL APP when I clik on a email LINK in a web site/page,

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 EMAIL APP when I clik on a email LINK in a web site/page,: unlike Win 7, it does not open my browser, open my YAHOO email link, then PASTE the email address in that link in the COMPOSE box. ONE STEP, IT DOES ALL THE WORK. Win 10 ANOTHER MATTER: IT starts some window/PAGE/APP labeled as "INBOX YAHOO" that is a want-to-be email...
  10. Mail app and web page links not opening new tab

in Browsers and Email
    Mail app and web page links not opening new tab: This is probably something dumb I've done, but I can't figure it out. emails in Mail used to open web links (http and https) in a new tab in my FF browser. Now, they open on the current tab. Not sure whether it's a Mail setting or a FF setting; both have been updated, so...