Windows 10: Email Links Wont Activate

Discus and support Email Links Wont Activate in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; When clicking on an email link online or in a document my email program Windows Mail wont start up like it normally did.......nothing... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by ding dong, Jun 28, 2018.

1. ding dong Win User

Email Links Wont Activate

When clicking on an email link online or in a document my email program Windows Mail wont start up like it normally did.......nothing happens......maybe recent updates stuffed with my program?

:)

ding dong, Jun 28, 2018
  2. Pete1burn Win User

Build for a friend

Can't link directly to a wish list. You need to email it to yourself and then post the link it gives you there. Then I'll look at it. *Smile Email Links Wont Activate :) It's obvious you're suggesting an i7 build though. hehe

Pete1burn, Jun 28, 2018
  3. New emails link to old emails and they all show in the inbox

Hi Carlson,

Thank you for being part of Windows 10.

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• How many user account you have configured in the Windows Mail app?
    • What do you mean by “New emails link to old emails”?
    If you have configured more than one user account in the Windows Mail app then, I would suggest you to switch the user accounts and check the emails in the inbox.

Follow the below steps to switch the user accounts in the Windows Mail app:

• Open the Mail app.
    • Under the Accounts select one user account and check the
      Inbox
      under Folders.
    If the issue still persist then, I would recommend you to delete and reconfigure the account.

Hope the above information helps. Reply with necessary information and the result to help you further.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Jun 28, 2018
  4. davidhk Win User

Set up Charter email?

Suggestion :
    Install Windows Live Mail as your email client > configure Charter email account into WLM.

WLM is one of the programs included in Windows Essentials. You have a choice of which program you want or don't want.
    Link to download/install Windows Essentials..........
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ca/windows/essentials

Is that acceptable ?

davidhk, Jun 28, 2018
Thema:

1. Email Links Wont Activate - Similar Threads - Email Links Wont

2. I Own a windows 10 digital key linked to my email , but it wont activate win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I Own a windows 10 digital key linked to my email , but it wont activate win 11: Hello There , So basically I changed my whole pc built a new one and i decided to go with win 11 , My account was still running in the old pc when i installed windows 11 , so it didn't activate automatically i think i am only allowed one pc so i did remove my account from the...
  3. I Own a windows 10 digital key linked to my email , but it wont activate win 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I Own a windows 10 digital key linked to my email , but it wont activate win 11: Hello There , So basically I changed my whole pc built a new one and i decided to go with win 11 , My account was still running in the old pc when i installed windows 11 , so it didn't activate automatically i think i am only allowed one pc so i did remove my account from the...
  4. Links in email

in Browsers and Email
    Links in email: When I click on a link in an email, a window full of code pops up. I click again and the link opens up. How do I get rid of the box of code that comes up first ? 169087
  5. Links in email

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Links in email: When I click on a link in an email, a window full of code pops up. I click again and the link opens up. How do I get rid of the box of code that comes up first ? 169087
  6. Links in emails

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Links in emails: I routinely receive notices from court clerks advising that a new pleading or motion has been filed in a case in which I am involved. These emails contain a link that should take me directly to the newly filed document. However, the links are not active. How do I activate...
  7. links in emails

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    links in emails: I received an email with a link to a form I am required to fill out. However the link does not open but I get the message "you will need a new app to open this wlmailhtml. What app do I need??...
  8. Email links

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Email links: Unable to open links in my email https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-links/eac3e806-0f2f-4ac7-aa0f-18c60a9f09aa
  9. Email Linked?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Email Linked?: My past fathers account is stuck to mine, what can I do to remove it. He doesn't know anything either. Help is much appreciated Pic | | v [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-linked/7460f915-9332-4481-bb5b-4046d9b87c8b
  10. emailing links

in Browsers and Email
    emailing links: When I try to add a You Tube link to an email it says "We couldn't add your attachments. Please try again." 112071