Windows 10: Email not working since major update.

Discus and support Email not working since major update. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Windows 10 updated my PC last week. Immediately following this my Windows Live Mail no longer allows incoming or out going traffic. I informed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Marc Ed, Dec 3, 2020.

1. Marc Ed Win User

Email not working since major update.

Windows 10 updated my PC last week. Immediately following this my Windows Live Mail no longer allows incoming or out going traffic. I informed Microsoft of the problem, but they were unable to guide me to a solution themselves. Further attempts through Microsoft led me here. I am not PC savvy, I just get by, but our wife email is very important as one might suppose. Any solutions out there? Thank you.

Marc Ed.

:)

Marc Ed, Dec 3, 2020

2. Email and windows updates not working.

Hi Noonie,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Do let us know the following to assist you better:

• How do you access email account? Is it through Mail app/browser/any other email client?
    • Are you referring to Windows Mail app?
    • Have you made any changes in the settings related to your email account?

As you are facing issues with Windows Updates as well, I suggest you to run the Windows Update troubleshooter and check.

Windows Update Troubleshooter resolves problems that prevents you from updating windows.

Steps:

• Press Windows key and type
      Troubleshooting.
    • Click on Troubleshooting and click on
      View all in the left pane.
    • Select Windows Update to run theWindows Update Troubleshooter
      and follow the on-screen instructions.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to assist you better.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 3, 2020
  3. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Dec 3, 2020
  4. Email not working since major update.

old email addresses

Thank you for updating me HA.111

Here is the step to remove that old email address.

Start typing an email address into the “To” field. As soon as you see the old email address being recommended as one of the potential candidates, use the down arrow key to scroll through the list of suggestions. Once you highlight the old email address, type
    the delete key. In many cases, this will actually remove the entry not only from the current list of suggestions but from future suggestions as well. You may even find that as you mouse over the drop-down list the highlighted item will have an “x” to explicitly
    allow you to delete it.

Just do this step and your good to go.

Continue to have an escellent day HA.111

Best regards,

Anthony C. De Jesus

Independent Advisor

Anthony1129, Dec 3, 2020
Thema:

Email not working since major update.

1. Email not working since major update. - Similar Threads - Email working since

2. Windows 10 major issues since 2004 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 major issues since 2004 update: We have two Lenovo P310s and an AIO that were upgraded to windows 10 2004 in June/July 2020. Since upgrading, no windows app or the store opens and general performance is slow on all machines, login times are generally 3-5mins. Steps taken to resolve: wsreset.exe all...
  3. Fingerprint sensor not working since last major windows update?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Fingerprint sensor not working since last major windows update?: i have an ASUS Vivobook 15, and it has a fingerprint sensor that has stopped working completely. I only really noticed it recently as its not my primary machine, but the last thing i remember doing was a large windows update before I went away to work and now it doesnt work...
  4. Major slowing issues since October cumulative update?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Major slowing issues since October cumulative update?: Hi, installed the October cumulative about two or three days ago, and have noticed the system is much slower to sleep, shut down and reboot than it was before. I'm unable to revert back to the previous build as Windows seems to think I installed this more than 10 days ago...
  5. No major upgrades since 1803??

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    No major upgrades since 1803??: I came here to trying figuring out why my computer hadn't upgraded to 1809 yet (waiting since October), only to see there's a 1903! *Eek*Eek What could be causing me to not get these upgrades? I always allow upgrades, and receive the regular security updates. Can anyone give...
  6. MicroSoft Camera app NOT working since major update a few years back.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MicroSoft Camera app NOT working since major update a few years back.: When I go to take and save a picture or video I get error codes since a major update a few years back. December of 2015 I think it was. This Microsoft Camera app is useless for saving or recording anything since the update. My laptop camera works fine!? My Dell PC hasn't...
  7. 1920x1080 not available since major update this morning

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    1920x1080 not available since major update this morning: My Windows 10 updated and now my monitor's native resolution 1920x1080 is no longer available. My monitor is now stuck at 1600x1200! I had 1920x1080 before the update and now I have no way of returning it to 1920x1080! 1920x1080 is not even listed as a valid mode! My...
  8. Major update

in Cortana
    Major update: Has Microsoft deserted cortana https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/major-update/1adf607f-5c1f-4834-bcad-7f6986a25bd8"
  9. Blue Snowball won't work since major upgrade

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Blue Snowball won't work since major upgrade: So I recently replaced my motherboard, CPU and RAM and now my blue snowball mic won't work. When I did the upgrade I re-installed windows and that's where the trouble started. It doesn't recognise the device at all. It doesn't show up in device manager even when I click on...
  10. Slow Mouse/Keyboard...maybe since last major update?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Slow Mouse/Keyboard...maybe since last major update?: I'm wondering if anyone has noted any problems with their keyboards/mice since the last major update. I can't seem to figure out the culprit and I was thinking it was this. My mouse pointer skips across the screen at times and the scroll wheel on the mouse isn't always very...