Windows 10: Email not working since migrated from BT to EE

Discus and support Email not working since migrated from BT to EE in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi There, a bit of a weird one, migrated from BT to EE for landline and Broadband, now my Outlook and MS Mail don't work at home - all fine in a bar or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by sdunn911, Apr 20, 2016.

1. sdunn911 Win User

Email not working since migrated from BT to EE

Hi There, a bit of a weird one, migrated from BT to EE for landline and Broadband, now my Outlook and MS Mail don't work at home - all fine in a bar or café... Tried the support line with EE and they are really crap. Had a brainwave this morning and hard-wired the Laptop to the new Router (Bright Box 2 wireless) and MS Mail works (sends and receives), Outlook doesn't. Any thoughts? Thanks for any assistance in advance. *Sad

:)

sdunn911, Apr 20, 2016

2. Windows 10 does not recognize my printer

I run Windows 10 on an HP laptop which refuses to recognise my Canon MG3600 printer since I recently switched from BT to EE. I have tried switching everything off and restarting the computer first but it still says the printer is offline even when it is
    switched back on and obviously in working order.

JackiePrice1, Apr 20, 2016
  3. Gadgee2 Win User
    Cannot Send Emails If Not Via Home Network

Hello Hans

The problem I have can be explained with what has happened to me just today!

I was sitting in the back garden and wrote two emails. (Normally my EE Brightbox router will allow me to use wifi in the garden so I thought it safe to send them.)

Wrong!

Because I had no wifi signal for whatever reason, the emails were sent via my network (3) and not via the EE wifi network.

3 then attempted to send them via smtp.orangehome.co.uk (specified in my mailbox setup on my phone since EE insists I use that outgoing server) and I assume that EE then refused to accept them since they did not originate from an EE user. The phone
    (Lumia 920) at that point froze with the 'Sycnhronising' message static on the screen. When I went to 'email setup' I got a message to tell me that there was a problem with my email setup. Whether the main problem or not, my email password had been lost and
    even when re-entered, I had to switch the phone off and on to stop the 'Sycnhronising' message and get access to email.

This was slightly different from previous situations - normally I get the numeric error message mentioned earlier. Even now that I have deleted the two emails from the outbox I still cannot use email until I delete and recreate my email account.

I have my own email server which I would prefer to use for outgoing mail as opposed to EE and the Lumia does not offer any facility to alter outgoing ports (as far as I an see).

Sorry if the reply is a bit wordy but I do feel that this situation deserves wider exposure as had I known earlier I would have chosen a broadband supplier who did not dictate the setting for outgoing mail server.

Gadgee2, Apr 20, 2016
Thema:

Email not working since migrated from BT to EE

1. Email not working since migrated from BT to EE - Similar Threads - Email working since

2. email migration

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    email migration: I purchased a computer with Windows 11 on it. My old computer has windows 7. I have been told I cannot move my email folders from Windows 7 mail to Windows 11 mail. What are my options to be able to open my emails on my new computer to read them and print them as that is all...
  3. email migration

in Windows 10 Gaming
    email migration: I purchased a computer with Windows 11 on it. My old computer has windows 7. I have been told I cannot move my email folders from Windows 7 mail to Windows 11 mail. What are my options to be able to open my emails on my new computer to read them and print them as that is all...
  4. migrating email accounts

in Microsoft Office and 365
    migrating email accounts: I have two email accounts I would like to migrate to a new MS exchange service host. One is a regular email account on my ISP that I access via outlook (IMAP), and the other is an exchange account on a third party host. Both use the same domain. Once I open new exchange...
  5. suddenly cannot receive email with BT

in Microsoft Office and 365
    suddenly cannot receive email with BT: Hi; I think that what I have is a BT problem but am coming here to see if my issues are recognised by anyone on this forum. I am a BT customer for broadband and email and all has been working well for several years. I use MS Outlook for email and POP not IMAP. Suddenly last...
  6. Email not working since major update.

Email not working since major update.: Windows 10 updated my PC last week. Immediately following this my Windows Live Mail no longer allows incoming or out going traffic. I informed Microsoft of the problem, but they were unable to guide me to a solution themselves. Further attempts through Microsoft led me here....
  7. Desktop BT internet email cessation

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Desktop BT internet email cessation: Since uploading a Windows 10 upgrade 3 days ago, I am receiving bt internet emails only to my Iphone and no longer to my Desktop. Do I need to re-install something and if so how?...
  8. Emails received from BT internet suddenly now disappear.

Emails received from BT internet suddenly now disappear.: Hello I had never this issue before until now. All emails coming from Btinternet have disappear in my inbox. please help!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/emails-received-from-bt-internet-suddenly-now/25ae5a26-2e11-408b-921f-cca1387d3987
  9. Migration of email from Outlook 2013 to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Migration of email from Outlook 2013 to Windows 10: Problem: ATT has changed the way they handle email, so I suddenly can no longer download my ATT emails to Outlook 2013 on my PC. ATT has recommended that I start to use Windows Mail for downloading my ATT emails. Questions 1 If I start using Windows Mail with my...
  10. BT Email account

BT Email account: When I try to syc my emails I get an error code: ox80072ee7 What can I do to fix this? Moved from: Outlook.com / Email / Sending, receiving, and reading email https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bt-email-account/458444af-bec7-40ff-acd3-db8fbda576c8