Windows 10: email notification

Discus and support email notification in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; There is this window that pops up every day and is titled email and says that there [img] is no email program associated with the requested action.... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by etwelper32, Feb 2, 2016.

1. email notification

There is this window that pops up every day and is titled email and says that there
    email notification [​IMG]
    is no email program associated with the requested action. Any info on how I can make this go away forever? I have already tried looking for the associated program and going to default programs.

:)

etwelper32, Feb 2, 2016
  2. Arepie84 Win User

No Alert to Incoming Emails Nokia E5

Hello,

Hello,

I have more then 2 Emails, and i need to get notification for all emails.Why can't email notification be just like normal sms notification? some box appear at the screen to notify user.

Hello,

I have more then 2 Emails, and i need to get notification for all emails.Why can't email notification be just like normal sms notification? some box appear at the screen to notify user.

I don't like the home screen notification for email. The screen is small and i need to put other important things there.

Hello,

I don't like the home screen notification for email. The screen is small and i need to put other important things there.

If there is a way to get email notification just like sms, please let me know.

Hello,

If there is a way to get email notification just like sms, please let me know.

Thanks.

Arepie84, Feb 2, 2016
  3. Win 10 mail app, unreliable notifications.

Hey there,

I've decided to migrate my email to the win 10 email app, since it's supposed to play sounds and show notifications when new emails arrive, except it doesnt, not every time. My accounts are set to sync as soon as the emails arrive, the app is set to show
    notifications and play a sound when new emails arrive, it's the default system app for emails and notifications are enabled in system/notifications. And yet the live tile remains unalive and the notifications arrive at random, very annoying.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Glasofruix, Feb 2, 2016
  4. b1rd Win User

email notification

Hi etwelper32,

I'm wondering if there's an email program which is configured to check for emails on a specific time, and because there seems to be an issue with which file is needed to open / run it, it's causing that error message.

Just throwing some ideas out there, but is there a chance that you do have something that does in fact check for emails on a scheduled time? If so, then post back for additional.

b1rd, Feb 2, 2016
  5. I just have skype and the default messanging app, plus the default mail app which I do use.

etwelper32, Feb 2, 2016
  6. b1rd Win User
    Perhaps if you were to go through and just look through the assigned default apps, and see if you can see anything. Settings > System > Default Apps > Scroll down to choose Default Apps By File Type. Once you're in that area, have a look at all programs that might have the ability to check for emails, and make sure there's no problems in there. This is where I think you're issue stems from.

You'll want to navigate to the below section and have a look at the assigned programs for the file types. Make sure anything that might be checking for emails does not read: "Choose a Default."

email notification [​IMG]

I did do some checking and it seems as if it can also be for different reasons, which include bad registry entries. I did see somebody posted the following:
    I don't know if you use OpenOffice, but I found this from their forum:
    No Email Association? ...to Perform What Action??

b1rd, Feb 2, 2016
  7. So looked on that list and found what I thought to be email related programs that don't have defaults. I do have office 2007, and it comes with Outlook which I don't use so I can't get rid of that. All of these showed up with no way for me to find a default: eml Microsoft; mail service .mapimail; .otm outlook vba project file; .xst and pst Microsoft outlook personal folder. I looked in default programs, gave Mail all its defaults and found that Outlook has 4 defaults that I can't get to go away. I will try to repair it or look for a way to uninstall it, as is shown in the other forum.

etwelper32, Feb 3, 2016
  8. b1rd Win User

email notification

You might be able to uninstall Outlook.

Sometimes when you begin to uninstall some suites, you'll get an option to 'repair.' If you click on the repair, that might bring up options to uninstall parts of it, such as Outlook. If not, perhaps if you uninstalled Office 2007, then did a custom re-install, you might be able to skip installing the Outlook part of it. I don't have it, so I am unable to check my own system and I'm going on <foggy> memory.

If that does not seem to be working out, then maybe see if you can locate the background process / service that runs Outlook and disable it that way.

There's also a free program called Autoruns, that's a good one to keep around, and might help in this case too.

Hopefully it is Outlook causing this, and from what I have read on the issue it does sound like it's certainly possible.

b1rd, Feb 3, 2016
  9. I tried your advice and the forums advice, we will see if this works*Smile

etwelper32, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

email notification

1. email notification - Similar Threads - email notification

2. How do I get an email notification if someone uploads to my onedrive request file link?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get an email notification if someone uploads to my onedrive request file link?: Hi, I've created a file request folder and have shared it via link. However, when people have been uploading to it, I'm not receiving any notification. I think previously when I've shared it directly with users I used to get a notification, ie. person X has uploaded a file....
  3. How do I get an email notification if someone uploads to my onedrive request file link?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get an email notification if someone uploads to my onedrive request file link?: Hi, I've created a file request folder and have shared it via link. However, when people have been uploading to it, I'm not receiving any notification. I think previously when I've shared it directly with users I used to get a notification, ie. person X has uploaded a file....
  4. How do I get notifications from my phone company email address?

How do I get notifications from my phone company email address?: Or any other email address.I have been informed that soon Windows Mail will be replaced with something called Outlook. I don't know how to explain what that is but when I chose to upgrade, it appeared to only allow me to use Hotmail. And please don't tell me it's not called...
  5. How do I get notifications from my phone company email address?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get notifications from my phone company email address?: Or any other email address.I have been informed that soon Windows Mail will be replaced with something called Outlook. I don't know how to explain what that is but when I chose to upgrade, it appeared to only allow me to use Hotmail. And please don't tell me it's not called...
  6. Windows 11 Shows Email Notification on the Lock Screen, Email is Deleted.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Shows Email Notification on the Lock Screen, Email is Deleted.: Hello Everyone.I have a problem with my windows 11 Outlook showing a notification on the lock screen of my laptop.I tried to delete the message but the notification banner still remains on the lock screen.I have tried restarting my pc several times and deleting temp folders...
  7. Windows 11 Shows Email Notification on the Lock Screen, Email is Deleted.

Windows 11 Shows Email Notification on the Lock Screen, Email is Deleted.: Hello Everyone.I have a problem with my windows 11 Outlook showing a notification on the lock screen of my laptop.I tried to delete the message but the notification banner still remains on the lock screen.I have tried restarting my pc several times and deleting temp folders...
  8. Why can't I delete emails from the notification popup anymore?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I delete emails from the notification popup anymore?: Just noticed today that when I receive an email, the notification centre poppup doesn't have the flag/delete/dismiss buttons on the popup. I have tried turning off "Try New Outlook" and going back to the old mail app, and then tried other mail clients seeing if that changed...
  9. Why can't I delete emails from the notification popup anymore?

Why can't I delete emails from the notification popup anymore?: Just noticed today that when I receive an email, the notification centre poppup doesn't have the flag/delete/dismiss buttons on the popup. I have tried turning off "Try New Outlook" and going back to the old mail app, and then tried other mail clients seeing if that changed...
  10. Multiple email notifications when unlocking PC

Multiple email notifications when unlocking PC: I am running Windows 11 with Office 2019. When I unlock my PC in the morning, I get a notification pop-up for each individual email that I receive overnight. If I get 100 emails, I will get 100 pop-ups. I close 1 out, the next one pops up until every mail is done. How do I...