Windows 10: email on Win 10

Discus and support email on Win 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've been having some trouble with creating sub-folders in Win 10 mail. Some folders are accepted, but some are not. But there is a delay before I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Brad_472, Feb 3, 2020.

1. Brad_472 Win User

email on Win 10

I've been having some trouble with creating sub-folders in Win 10 mail. Some folders are accepted, but some are not. But there is a delay before I get the message saying that the folder name cannot be created. Not sure what the criteria is - if any - for creating these folders, and haven't found anything to indicate this. The problem is, is that with that delay I'm seeing, I've been moving emails to these folders, then I get the message that folder cannot be created as mentioned - this is not always the case..., and the emails that I've transferred seem to be gone. I would have hoped they would get moved back into the general Inbox, but that is not the case. Are these emails permanently gone, or are they being stored somewhere? Little bit disappointed with this type of issue, I would have expected that with all the years of experience with computer operating systems and email programs by Microsoft, that dumb stuff like this would not be happening...

Anyone got a clue as to where these emails would have gone, and are they retrievable?

Thank you,

Brad

:)

Brad_472, Feb 3, 2020
  2. fopetesl Win User

Excel will not use Thunderbird to email spreadsheet on Windows 10 Pro

I was trying to keep it simple, she's not the sharpest knife in the drawer but kind natured.
    If i could emulate what I can do thenwhen she gets twined up I can talk her step by step.

if we can't sort why Win 10 Excel won't see T-B as the main email client then we'll just have to go with your suggestion.

I should have said Win 10 pro 64 bit?

fopetesl, Feb 3, 2020
  3. Email Win 10

Hello,

Thank you for visiting Microsoft Community.

As per the description, I understand that you’re facing issues reading Emails on your PC running Windows 10. I will certainly help you with the issue.

I would like to know a few information:

• Are you using Mail app or any browser to access your Email account?

• Did you check logging into your Email account and reading Emails using a Web browser?

• Did you make any changes to the software prior to this issue?

Also, I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

Method 1:

If you’re using a Mail App, I would suggest you to run App troubleshooter referring to the link mentioned below and check if that helps:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Method 2:

This issue may occur due to some system file corruption.
    I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.

• In Command prompt type
      sfc/scannow
      and press enter.

• Restart the computer.

Hope this information helps.

Please provide us the required information to search more about this and understand the issue more clearly and we will be glad to offer our assistance.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Ankit Rajput, Feb 3, 2020
  4. Edgar Pan Win User

email on Win 10

no email on windows 10

Hi Rick,

To further isolate the issue, we may need additional information:

• Any troubleshooting steps you’ve done so far?
    • Have you made any changes in settings after upgrading to Windows 10?
    • Are you receiving any error messages?

We suggest following the steps provided in the article mentioned below and see if it helps you to resolve the issue.

Errors sending or receiving email.

Please get back to us with the status of the issue.

Regards.

Edgar Pan, Feb 3, 2020
Thema:

email on Win 10

1. email on Win 10 - Similar Threads - email

2. im signed into a account on my pc yet do not have the email its linked to

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    im signed into a account on my pc yet do not have the email its linked to: im signed into a account on my pc yet do not have the email its linked to it does not make any sence you need to the password to verify the account to acsess anything related to it but when i do that i end up in a loop of not having acsess to the email that is it linked to,...
  3. im signed into a account on my pc yet do not have the email its linked to

in Windows 10 Gaming
    im signed into a account on my pc yet do not have the email its linked to: im signed into a account on my pc yet do not have the email its linked to it does not make any sence you need to the password to verify the account to acsess anything related to it but when i do that i end up in a loop of not having acsess to the email that is it linked to,...
  4. im signed into a account on my pc yet do not have the email its linked to

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I want to delete an administrator account which linked to my brother's email

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to delete an administrator account which linked to my brother's email: I have used this laptop since 2022, and the main administrator account already appeared with my brother's email. Now he has his own laptop but there is still his onedrive, and his personal files on my laptop. I have created a local account with my email and set it as the...
  6. I want to delete an administrator account which linked to my brother's email

I want to delete an administrator account which linked to my brother's email: I have used this laptop since 2022, and the main administrator account already appeared with my brother's email. Now he has his own laptop but there is still his onedrive, and his personal files on my laptop. I have created a local account with my email and set it as the...
  7. How can I update with my new email?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I update with my new email?: I no longer have access to the email that is associated with my account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-update-with-my-new-email/611deca4-0acb-4cd9-a1c8-594c4456f705
  8. How can I update with my new email?

How can I update with my new email?: I no longer have access to the email that is associated with my account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-update-with-my-new-email/611deca4-0acb-4cd9-a1c8-594c4456f705
  9. How can I update with my new email?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  10. MSN email is a **** show with all the SPAM

MSN email is a **** show with all the SPAM: MSN Mail is a giant **** show. I pay for it and get hundreds of SPAM emails a day. It causes me to miss important emails. The idiots at Microsoft cannot fix anything and do nothing to stop it. There is no place to get help. Bill Gates is a moron and has made a **** platform....