Windows 10: Email one picture and ALL my computer photos are attached

Discus and support Email one picture and ALL my computer photos are attached in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I attached a single photo document to an email. The receiver opened the photo with Windows 10 Photo and there was a box in the upper left hand corner... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Kim Lost Lake, Mar 2, 2020.

1. Email one picture and ALL my computer photos are attached

I attached a single photo document to an email. The receiver opened the photo with Windows 10 Photo and there was a box in the upper left hand corner that says "see all photos"r. All of my photos from my computer could be seen. A previous post from 2018 had the same issue. One explanation without resolve was "Slightly possible if you'd attached a OneDrive share link to the picture." I recently upgraded to Windows 10 and OneDrive was added to my computer. I have since deleted it, but it did not fix the issue. Until Windows 10, I never experienced this issue. I have run all recent Windows Updates. How do I send one photo without having all of my stored computer photos attached?

:)

Kim Lost Lake, Mar 2, 2020

2. picture will not attach to my email

Hello,

We would like to know more about the issue that you are experiencing when attaching photos to your email. Please provide the following information:

• What is your phone's model and OS?
    • Are you getting any error messages when trying to attach pictures?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps?

Regards.

Michael Rey, Mar 2, 2020
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    Picture Tools to send photos by email

Mind if I make an alternate suggestion?

We don't use email any more to share pictures. That's so 20th century.

These days we upload pictures to cloud storage, like OneDrive or Google Photos or Dropbox etc. etc. and send the recipient links to the photos.

This has lots of advantages, among them:

• no need to attach photos to email
    • you can share full resolution photos that would choke an email server
    • you can easily share as many photos as you like - dozens at a time
    • share with lots of people at the same time

For the recipient it's so easy: Just click to view or right-click to download. Even the computer-phobic (like certain members of my family) can do it.

BulldogXX, Mar 2, 2020
  4. Email one picture and ALL my computer photos are attached

Unable to Open picture attachments in Email

Hi Lee,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in accessing the picture attachments. I will
    certainly help you in the right direction to fix the issue

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

1. Which email application are you using? (Outlook/Mail app)
    2. Are you able to open other attachments from email?
    3. Are you aware of any recent changes on the device prior to this issue?
    4. Is this issue persisting with the specific sender or with all?
    5. Are you able to open saved pictures on your desktop?
    6. What is the Windows 10 version and Build installed? (Type winver in Windows search/Run command) to provide the details.

The possible cause of the issue is because your computer does not have the necessary program installed to recognize the file format of the picture. For example, if someone is sending you a >.PSD image file and you do not have Adobe Photoshop
    or another program that supports the file format it cannot be opened.

In this scenario we recommend you to try the below suggested steps to fix the issue.

Change the default program to view the pictures. To do so,

1. Click on Start > Settings >
      System.
    2. On the left-pane, click Default apps to view all default apps on the right-side.
    3. On the right-side, scroll down to see Photo viewer section.
    4. Photos app is the default Photo viewer. To change it to Windows Photo Viewer, click on Photo entry to see Choose an app, and then click Windows Photo Viewer to make it as the default photo viewer
      in Windows 10.

Get back to us for further assistance on this issue with the additional information. We will be happy to help you.

Regards,

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Mar 2, 2020
Thema:

Email one picture and ALL my computer photos are attached

1. Email one picture and ALL my computer photos are attached - Similar Threads - Email picture computer

2. stop embedding attached photos in my email

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    stop embedding attached photos in my email: I used to be able to email photo files as attachments. Now when I email them outlook embeds them in the email instead of sending photos as attachmentsHow do I send and receive photos as attachments so they do not get embedded in the email?...
  3. Photo attachment to email

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Photo attachment to email: How do you send just one photo by email and not your library, please? Just recently when I attach a photo to an email it enables the receiver to view my entire photo library by just clicking the image icon. I'm running windows 10, live mail with no apparent recent changes or...
  4. Windows 10. When sending ONE picture as attachment by email from my Photos, the recipient...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10. When sending ONE picture as attachment by email from my Photos, the recipient...: Windows 10. When opening ONE picture from a folder in Pictures a box is opened in the upper left corner of the picture indicating "SEE ALL PHOTOS". I have noticed that when trying to send the selected photo, as attachment to an e-mail, the recipient also get to see ALL...
  5. Attach photo to email

in Windows 10 Customization
    Attach photo to email: I have upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. They have taken my pictures from Windows photo viewer to Photos. How do I attach a photo to an email in outlook? I have spent some time and cannot figure this out. Any advise would be appreciated. Garry...
  6. Attaching photos to emails question

in Browsers and Email
    Attaching photos to emails question: I'm not sure this is the proper place to ask this question; if not, forgive me and redirect. When I take pictures with my Canon camera I transfer them "as is" to my computer. I have just noticed that some of them are 20 inches by 14 inches and approx. 20Mb at 300 dpi. This...
  7. Attaching photos to emails question

Attaching photos to emails question: I'm not sure this is the proper place to ask this question; if not, forgive me and redirect. When I take pictures with my Canon camera I transfer them "as is" to my computer. I have just noticed that some of them are 20 inches by 14 inches and approx. 20Mb at 300 dpi. This...
  8. Photo attachments in email

in Browsers and Email
    Photo attachments in email: I have no idea if this is something I should be asking here but I'll give it a try. Recently I have received some photographs attached to an email that I can download but they were compressed and are only 25 - 27kb in size. I have saved them to my picture file but they...
  9. Attaching photos to email using Photos

Attaching photos to email using Photos: When I use the Share function in Photos the only email option is 'Mail' which I do not use. I have Outlook 2016 as the default email program. If I do use it the attachments appear at original resolution thus creating excessively large file sizes for email. It is very easy...
  10. attaching photos to emails

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    attaching photos to emails: hello, when I try to attach photos to emails I get a blue box with a large number under it instead of the actual picture. I have to try and figure out what pic it is by the number. how do I get the actual picture to show up when I try to attach it. thank you....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. send a photo from my pc a blue box appears in the upper left corner that shows all photos