Windows 10: Email or the lack there of on Edge after 1709

Discus and support Email or the lack there of on Edge after 1709 in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Since 1709 ATT/Yahoo Email does not work on Edge but is perfect on Firefox I changed over to Outlook email. Linked Outlook with ATT/Yahoo. Outlook... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by lpatrick, Oct 19, 2017.

1. lpatrick Win User

Email or the lack there of on Edge after 1709

Since 1709 ATT/Yahoo Email does not work on Edge but is perfect on Firefox
    • I changed over to Outlook email. Linked Outlook with ATT/Yahoo. Outlook told me everything was complete but then I discovered there was no email in the inbox.
    • Next, I accepted ATT.net as homepage on Edge (something I did not want to do) in an attempt to get ATT/Yahoo email working. Still ATT/Yahoo email does not work on Edge.
    • I've had to move over to Firefox until I can get email on Edge.
    So the big question is what email will work with post 1709 Edge.
    Hope someone can help. Thanks.

:)

lpatrick, Oct 19, 2017

2. Its all about the Apps (Or lack there of)

I'm currently on my third windows phone, I had an LG Quantum, Nokia 1020, and now a go phone for the immediate future. I stuck it out with Microsoft because I like the layout and I thought it would get better in terms of app support and OS. The OS has
    increased by leaps and bounds but the apps, the apps have not. So I'm stuck with my windows phone watching as other people use their incredible and high-quality apps, while we have to dig through the shallow pool of mediocre and low-quality apps. Hell, if
    I knew how to write code I would make apps for the windows phone just so that there could be a better selection. If Microsoft wants to pay me to learn how to code app, I would be down for that! It's just extremely frustrating to see Microsoft apps on IOS and
    Android but not on Windows Phone that just boggles my mind... I feel like Microsoft is making fools out of it users by not devoting the time energy and money to creating great apps in-house. Most of the apps Microsoft produces are high quality. I wish Microsoft
    would figure out that the only way they are going to get great apps in their app store is if they develop them themselves. I'm tired of being envious of IOS and Android apps I would love for us to have apps that make those Android and I-phone users jealous.
    Now this announcement that Microsoft might allow Android apps on Windows phones ****? Wave the white flag. What's the purpose of even getting a Windows Phone then? I wish there a public forum where we as users could air our grievances to like the Microsoft Windows
    Phone Official Public Liason or something because I don't think they get it. Rudy Hyun can't save Windows phone by himself... Do better Microsoft, do better. So I'm wondering does this site actually yield any real change?

ReluctantlyTeamWindowsPhone, Oct 19, 2017
  3. CJLim Win User
    Nokia N95 8Gb Map, or lack there of question.

You need to download and install Map Loader from

http://europe.nokia.com/A4984199

Map Loader can be used to download the maps you require. Please note that maps are not available for all parts of the world.

CJLim, Oct 19, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

Odd, here in the UK my BT-branded Yahoo Email still works in Edge with 1709.

5. lpatrick Win User
    Nothing surprises me anymore.

lpatrick, Oct 19, 2017
  6. Helmut Win User
    Both my Yahoo UK Email Accounts work on Edge, IE 11, Chrome. Also with the Mail App, post 1709.
    It does ask me whether I want to change from the Classic to the 'New yahoo mail'. Think I will stick with Classic.
    From what I recall, the New Version has some settings pages layout problems in IE 11, that was a while back.
    Things like emptying the Browser cache did not work.

Outlook Mail and Gmail work, again all 3 browsers.

Helmut, Oct 19, 2017
  7. Sorry lpatrick I may not be keeping up.

Are you saying that your Outlook account is not working in Edge.

Have you cleared your Browsing data on Edge (known that you have passwords recorded)

Caledon Ken, Oct 19, 2017
  8. lpatrick Win User

Outlook is linked to my ATT/Yahoo account but does not bring over emails. I have not cleared my browsing data on Edge.

lpatrick, Oct 19, 2017
  9. That is really interesting.

So you opened outlook.com account on your browser and added your Yahoo account. (I assume that is what you mean when you say linked). The setup process worked correctly and yet when it checks for mail you get none. Correct? Did you set up as IMAP account?

One thing I do when I want to get mail from one account over to a new account I go into the old account and I forward the mail to the new account. This avoids adding the old account to the new email account.

I would clear by browsing data. Assuming you know your passwords then it will just rebuild itself.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Oct 20, 2017
  10. Helmut Win User
    So this is a MS/Outlook Mail account linked to a branded Yahoo account problem not Windows 10.
    Can't help as mine are all intentionally kept separate, in case of glitches.

Helmut, Oct 20, 2017
  11. okecove Win User
    Try running this as admin.
    dism /online /Add-Capability /CapabilityName:OneCoreUAP.OneSync~~~~0.0.1.0

okecove, Oct 20, 2017
  12. lpatrick Win User
    Thanks for the suggestions everyone! I’ll try each.

lpatrick, Oct 20, 2017
  13. lpatrick Win User

I've set up ATT/Yahoo on Firefox to forward email to my same address on Edge ATT/Yahoo. To install ATT/Yahoo on Edge I have to configure. It is now updating. Basically, I do not understand how forwarding is going to help since I was forced to configure. I did clear all browsing categories. Look forward to your response.

lpatrick, Oct 21, 2017
  14. lpatrick Win User
    Do I run this from W10 command line?

lpatrick, Oct 21, 2017
  15. lpatrick Win User
    If I cannot get this cleared up on Edge I may just stick with Firefox.

lpatrick, Oct 21, 2017
Thema:

1. Email or the lack there of on Edge after 1709 - Similar Threads - Email lack Edge

2. lack of support

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    lack of support: i purchased windows 10 todayhow do i bust through the support wall i have case numbercant talk to anyone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lack-of-support/e36938fe-1ca4-4d3b-a0bd-8345b65cf840
  3. Windows restarts after update - lack of professionality

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows restarts after update - lack of professionality: I use a laptop with Windows 10 for my work, which involves mathematical computations.One such computation, which I should have finished by a set deadline, would have required four days to complete. However, after two days, Windows Update restarted the computer without asking...
  4. lack of support.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    lack of support.: i have paid to be supported by the team,when i try to get help i go round and round with any help,the virual agent is useless,the tel support has no tel number,help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lack-of-support/17fff45a-b5ae-4f2c-bbe8-0242b3a25c95
  5. Sound (lack of)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound (lack of): Hello all. I woke up today with no audio on my computer. A little background: After years of making do on Windows XP, in 2019 I found a local PC tech guy who made house calls to repair and/or upgrade. I asked him to install Windows 10. After picking up my comp, he later...
  6. 1709 failing to update due to lack of security

1709 failing to update due to lack of security: For as long as i can remember now i am unable to get any updates past 1709 to work or even do a windows reinstall, i have tried everything i can think of. From clearing system distribution folder, stopping start up process to see if that would help even removed my 3rd party...
  7. Freezing after update 1803 and 1709

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Freezing after update 1803 and 1709: Hi Microsoft Guys, After i updated my Windows 10 to 1709 or 1803 it keeps lagging and freezing the whole system on startup and keeps freezing my software after 30 mins of just leaving to unfreeze. My Laptop is Acer Aspire v 14 touch, Product I.D is V3-472P-324J, intel...
  8. Flakey Edge since 1709 Update

in Browsers and Email
    Flakey Edge since 1709 Update: I've noticed several Edge "glitches" since the 1709 update (that I don't have on the Insider's versions). One time I couldn't right click on a link to copy it in Edge. Restarted Edge and it was OK. Another time (after a reboot), I started Edge and the Icons for links on...
  9. Origin (or lack of)

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Origin (or lack of): My son introduced me to Mass Effect, which I was playing via Origin. Then the password would not work, so my son changed it. I got back in and got as far as the financial District in the Citadel, then the password stopped working. I had tried offline several times it did not...
  10. log on after fresh install with lack of Internet

log on after fresh install with lack of Internet: Hi have been using windows 10 64bit with an upgraded version ( via the free upgrade) My PC has become slower and slower so I decided the time had come for a fresh install. So I formated the drive and inserted a USB stick with v10pro and installed the 64 bit version....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. yahoo i sill cannot get in my email error 14 language:en