Windows 10: Email or the lack there of on Edge after 1709

Discus and support Email or the lack there of on Edge after 1709 in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Since 1709 ATT/Yahoo Email does not work on Edge but is perfect on Firefox I changed over to Outlook email. Linked Outlook with ATT/Yahoo. Outlook... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by lpatrick, Oct 19, 2017.

1. lpatrick Win User

Email or the lack there of on Edge after 1709

Since 1709 ATT/Yahoo Email does not work on Edge but is perfect on Firefox
    • I changed over to Outlook email. Linked Outlook with ATT/Yahoo. Outlook told me everything was complete but then I discovered there was no email in the inbox.
    • Next, I accepted ATT.net as homepage on Edge (something I did not want to do) in an attempt to get ATT/Yahoo email working. Still ATT/Yahoo email does not work on Edge.
    • I've had to move over to Firefox until I can get email on Edge.
    So the big question is what email will work with post 1709 Edge.
    Hope someone can help. Thanks.

:)

lpatrick, Oct 19, 2017

2. Its all about the Apps (Or lack there of)

I'm currently on my third windows phone, I had an LG Quantum, Nokia 1020, and now a go phone for the immediate future. I stuck it out with Microsoft because I like the layout and I thought it would get better in terms of app support and OS. The OS has
    increased by leaps and bounds but the apps, the apps have not. So I'm stuck with my windows phone watching as other people use their incredible and high-quality apps, while we have to dig through the shallow pool of mediocre and low-quality apps. Hell, if
    I knew how to write code I would make apps for the windows phone just so that there could be a better selection. If Microsoft wants to pay me to learn how to code app, I would be down for that! It's just extremely frustrating to see Microsoft apps on IOS and
    Android but not on Windows Phone that just boggles my mind... I feel like Microsoft is making fools out of it users by not devoting the time energy and money to creating great apps in-house. Most of the apps Microsoft produces are high quality. I wish Microsoft
    would figure out that the only way they are going to get great apps in their app store is if they develop them themselves. I'm tired of being envious of IOS and Android apps I would love for us to have apps that make those Android and I-phone users jealous.
    Now this announcement that Microsoft might allow Android apps on Windows phones ****? Wave the white flag. What's the purpose of even getting a Windows Phone then? I wish there a public forum where we as users could air our grievances to like the Microsoft Windows
    Phone Official Public Liason or something because I don't think they get it. Rudy Hyun can't save Windows phone by himself... Do better Microsoft, do better. So I'm wondering does this site actually yield any real change?

ReluctantlyTeamWindowsPhone, Oct 19, 2017
  3. CJLim Win User
    Nokia N95 8Gb Map, or lack there of question.

You need to download and install Map Loader from

http://europe.nokia.com/A4984199

Map Loader can be used to download the maps you require. Please note that maps are not available for all parts of the world.

CJLim, Oct 19, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

Odd, here in the UK my BT-branded Yahoo Email still works in Edge with 1709.

5. lpatrick Win User
    Nothing surprises me anymore.

lpatrick, Oct 19, 2017
  6. Helmut Win User
    Both my Yahoo UK Email Accounts work on Edge, IE 11, Chrome. Also with the Mail App, post 1709.
    It does ask me whether I want to change from the Classic to the 'New yahoo mail'. Think I will stick with Classic.
    From what I recall, the New Version has some settings pages layout problems in IE 11, that was a while back.
    Things like emptying the Browser cache did not work.

Outlook Mail and Gmail work, again all 3 browsers.

Helmut, Oct 19, 2017
  7. Sorry lpatrick I may not be keeping up.

Are you saying that your Outlook account is not working in Edge.

Have you cleared your Browsing data on Edge (known that you have passwords recorded)

Caledon Ken, Oct 19, 2017
  8. lpatrick Win User

Outlook is linked to my ATT/Yahoo account but does not bring over emails. I have not cleared my browsing data on Edge.

lpatrick, Oct 19, 2017
  9. That is really interesting.

So you opened outlook.com account on your browser and added your Yahoo account. (I assume that is what you mean when you say linked). The setup process worked correctly and yet when it checks for mail you get none. Correct? Did you set up as IMAP account?

One thing I do when I want to get mail from one account over to a new account I go into the old account and I forward the mail to the new account. This avoids adding the old account to the new email account.

I would clear by browsing data. Assuming you know your passwords then it will just rebuild itself.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Oct 20, 2017
  10. Helmut Win User
    So this is a MS/Outlook Mail account linked to a branded Yahoo account problem not Windows 10.
    Can't help as mine are all intentionally kept separate, in case of glitches.

Helmut, Oct 20, 2017
  11. okecove Win User
    Try running this as admin.
    dism /online /Add-Capability /CapabilityName:OneCoreUAP.OneSync~~~~0.0.1.0

okecove, Oct 20, 2017
  12. lpatrick Win User
    Thanks for the suggestions everyone! I’ll try each.

lpatrick, Oct 20, 2017
  13. lpatrick Win User

I've set up ATT/Yahoo on Firefox to forward email to my same address on Edge ATT/Yahoo. To install ATT/Yahoo on Edge I have to configure. It is now updating. Basically, I do not understand how forwarding is going to help since I was forced to configure. I did clear all browsing categories. Look forward to your response.

lpatrick, Oct 21, 2017
  14. lpatrick Win User
    Do I run this from W10 command line?

lpatrick, Oct 21, 2017
  15. lpatrick Win User
    If I cannot get this cleared up on Edge I may just stick with Firefox.

lpatrick, Oct 21, 2017
Thema:

1. Email or the lack there of on Edge after 1709 - Similar Threads - Email lack Edge

2. microsoft edge email errors

in Windows 10 Customization
    microsoft edge email errors: why are my emails being rejected in microsoft edge https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-edge-email-errors/dd508ca3-c46e-465d-b4ce-d777e38e7d84
  3. Lack of space

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lack of space: I have an HP Stream and it is always saying I have no space left. I have tried to put a flash drive in, but nothing changed. I tried an external hard drive, but nothing changed. I tried to change where downloads are saved, but to no avail. Any words of wisdom for me?...
  4. Lack of Sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Lack of Sleep: I have a Windows 10 media PC. It drives a large screen mounted on the wall. The problem I have is that I have it set to enter sleep mode after 2 hours, but invariably I find it sill on the next day, playing videos. It seems that under some circumstances it just ignores the...
  5. Lack of sound !

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Lack of sound !: I no longer have any sound . I unplugged the speakers once when the computer was on and have tried to plug them back in but there appears to be no response . It even says that a device has been unplugged even when one is there .Please help !...
  6. Cannot print email in Edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot print email in Edge: I have hp printer. Everything else prints; scan, Word, internet site material. But printing directly from email does not work and error message indicates it has to do with a windows update (according to hp tech who looked it up). It appears that all the updates have been...
  7. Flakey Edge since 1709 Update

in Browsers and Email
    Flakey Edge since 1709 Update: I've noticed several Edge "glitches" since the 1709 update (that I don't have on the Insider's versions). One time I couldn't right click on a link to copy it in Edge. Restarted Edge and it was OK. Another time (after a reboot), I started Edge and the Icons for links on...
  8. Origin (or lack of)

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Origin (or lack of): My son introduced me to Mass Effect, which I was playing via Origin. Then the password would not work, so my son changed it. I got back in and got as far as the financial District in the Citadel, then the password stopped working. I had tried offline several times it did not...
  9. Lack of Highlighting

in Windows 10 Support
    Lack of Highlighting: The lack of effective highlighting of selections in win 10 is finally driving me mad *Smile. Is there anything anyone knows of that can deal with this? I have attached a screenshot. Believe it or not Adobe Acrobat Update service has been selected. There is now way anyone can...
  10. log on after fresh install with lack of Internet

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    log on after fresh install with lack of Internet: Hi have been using windows 10 64bit with an upgraded version ( via the free upgrade) My PC has become slower and slower so I decided the time had come for a fresh install. So I formated the drive and inserted a USB stick with v10pro and installed the 64 bit version....