Windows 10: Email or the lack there of on Edge after 1709

Discus and support Email or the lack there of on Edge after 1709 in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Run from command line. I had problems with mail and it worked for me. Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by lpatrick, Oct 19, 2017.

1. okecove Win User

Email or the lack there of on Edge after 1709

Run from command line. I had problems with mail and it worked for me.

okecove, Oct 21, 2017
  2. lpatrick Win User

I've wasted several hours tonight trying to get MS Mail and again ATT/Yahoo Mail to work with Edge. Thought I had the stand alone MS Mail working until I discovered emails were missing for original ATT/Yahoo folders. As for ATT/Yahoo I followed all recommendations except one and still no ATT/Yahoo on Edge. As I stated in a previous post I've resorted to the steady Firefox with ATT/Yahoo for now. Really wish I could wipe the slate clean and start afresh that is if I knew I could get email and browser to work together.

If you are wondering my ultimate goal is to have a simple browser, simple homepage with reliable email. I've had several strokes and now epilepsy, frontal lobe disorder and immediate memory loss so what use to be simple is now difficult. I welcome any and all suggestions to reach my goals.

lpatrick, Oct 21, 2017
  3. okecove Win User
    Sorry if it did not work for you.

okecove, Oct 21, 2017
  4. lpatrick Win User

Help me better understand what running "dism /online /Add-Capability /CapabilityName:OneCoreUAP.OneSync~~~~0.0.1.0" will do? I have not ran it since I do not know what it's purpose.

Thank you for helping me.

lpatrick, Oct 21, 2017
  5. okecove Win User
    Might not help you bit it will not hurt to try. It helped to get my mail up and running again.
    Run from command line.

okecove, Oct 21, 2017
  6. lpatrick Win User
    I ran successfully ran your command. Please tell me what to do next. Sorry, but I am very confused at this point. Going to bed not and will take up later. Thank you okecove.

lpatrick, Oct 21, 2017
  7. okecove Win User
    Did it help you to get your mail working? Certainly helped me.

okecove, Oct 21, 2017
  8. Email or the lack there of on Edge after 1709

I guess there is two ways to approach this if the DISM command did not work.

If the goal is to stay with ATT/Yahoo account use Firefox with your current ATT/Yahoo account. This is the easiest and Firefox is an excellent browser. It works and you should be able to set home page with mail and just use. (Wait for the powers to be to fix ATT/Yahoo on Edge. There are threads within forum outlining different Edge issues. )

The other alternative is to move away from a Yahoo account and open a Outlook.com account (maybe you have one or an older hotmail, msn or live Account). This has the benefit of not being tied to supplier (ATT) so your mail becomes independent of ISP.

Open an Outlook.com account if you don't have already. Use Firefox to gain access to your Yahoo account. Click on the gear, upper right, click settings, Click Accounts, Click your ATT account. This should open a window that allows you to forward your mail to a new account. You can keep a copy on Yahoo or not. I like to keep a copy so I can see who is send to old address in a months time and I check regularly

After changing scroll to bottom and save.

If it takes you back to mail go back into settings and this time update Vacation response to tell people you are moving or if this is temp.

If you open Edge and set Outlook.com as home page you should see all new mail as it arrives.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Oct 21, 2017
  9. lpatrick Win User
    I will try both Outlook and ATT mail on Edge one more time. Thank you.

lpatrick, Oct 21, 2017
  10. CmmTch Win User
    I've had Yahoo mail for a long time, it works fine for me. I know that's not a fix, just a statement, I have Edge, W10 1709, and Yahoo homepage.

You might try removing the Yahoo mail module from your homepage, closing Edge, rebooting, then adding the mail module back in. Here's a pic of what I'm talking about, the "Add Content" button opens a window and mail is on the Applications tab, click on the "My Mail" box to remove it, then after reboot, go back into it and click the plus sign to add that module back to your homepage. The mail module on mine does show the mail headers, I've always right clicked on the mail icon and open my email in a new tab, I don't read mail on my homepage.

Email or the lack there of on Edge after 1709 [​IMG]

Apologies if you know this, and have done it already *Redface

Since I haven't had problems like you're having I'm grasping at straws here.

Good luck *Smile

CmmTch, Oct 21, 2017
  11. lpatrick Win User
    After taking everyone's suggestions I am very happy to tell you that ATT mail is running perfectly on Edge. Thanks' folks!

lpatrick, Oct 22, 2017
  12. Bree New Member
    Very glad to hear that. To help other who may find this thread, can you tell us which suggestion fixed it for you?

13. lpatrick Win User

There were multiple suggestions........recommend others read all replies to my issue. It was not a straight forward solution. Thanks for your interest and help.

lpatrick, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Email or the lack there of on Edge after 1709 - Similar Threads - Email lack Edge

2. lack of support

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    lack of support: i purchased windows 10 todayhow do i bust through the support wall i have case numbercant talk to anyone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lack-of-support/e36938fe-1ca4-4d3b-a0bd-8345b65cf840
  3. Windows restarts after update - lack of professionality

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows restarts after update - lack of professionality: I use a laptop with Windows 10 for my work, which involves mathematical computations.One such computation, which I should have finished by a set deadline, would have required four days to complete. However, after two days, Windows Update restarted the computer without asking...
  4. lack of support.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    lack of support.: i have paid to be supported by the team,when i try to get help i go round and round with any help,the virual agent is useless,the tel support has no tel number,help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lack-of-support/17fff45a-b5ae-4f2c-bbe8-0242b3a25c95
  5. Sound (lack of)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound (lack of): Hello all. I woke up today with no audio on my computer. A little background: After years of making do on Windows XP, in 2019 I found a local PC tech guy who made house calls to repair and/or upgrade. I asked him to install Windows 10. After picking up my comp, he later...
  6. 1709 failing to update due to lack of security

1709 failing to update due to lack of security: For as long as i can remember now i am unable to get any updates past 1709 to work or even do a windows reinstall, i have tried everything i can think of. From clearing system distribution folder, stopping start up process to see if that would help even removed my 3rd party...
  7. Flakey Edge since 1709 Update

in Browsers and Email
    Flakey Edge since 1709 Update: I've noticed several Edge "glitches" since the 1709 update (that I don't have on the Insider's versions). One time I couldn't right click on a link to copy it in Edge. Restarted Edge and it was OK. Another time (after a reboot), I started Edge and the Icons for links on...
  8. Origin (or lack of)

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Origin (or lack of): My son introduced me to Mass Effect, which I was playing via Origin. Then the password would not work, so my son changed it. I got back in and got as far as the financial District in the Citadel, then the password stopped working. I had tried offline several times it did not...
  9. Lack of Highlighting

in Windows 10 Support
    Lack of Highlighting: The lack of effective highlighting of selections in win 10 is finally driving me mad *Smile. Is there anything anyone knows of that can deal with this? I have attached a screenshot. Believe it or not Adobe Acrobat Update service has been selected. There is now way anyone can...
  10. log on after fresh install with lack of Internet

log on after fresh install with lack of Internet: Hi have been using windows 10 64bit with an upgraded version ( via the free upgrade) My PC has become slower and slower so I decided the time had come for a fresh install. So I formated the drive and inserted a USB stick with v10pro and installed the 64 bit version....