Windows 10: email out of sync every single day and has to re-type the password to fix account

Discus and support email out of sync every single day and has to re-type the password to fix account in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, so my hotmail using Win10 mail app is out of sync every single day and asked me to re-type the password to "fix account" on the security-account... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by cth922, Dec 23, 2019.

1. cth922 Win User

email out of sync every single day and has to re-type the password to fix account

Hi, so my hotmail using Win10 mail app is out of sync every single day and asked me to re-type the password to "fix account"

on the security-account activity page, I see a lot of failed attempt to "auto-sync" through IMAP protocol with locations all over the world.

what is this IMAP protocol auto-sync thing? how can I stop this? how do I fix my account so I don't have to re-type password every single day? thanks

:)

cth922, Dec 23, 2019
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, Dec 23, 2019
  3. s427 Win User
    Google account (mail / calendar) not syncing in Windows 10

I'm having a problem with the default Mail and Calendar apps in Windows 10. For a while I was able to sync my Google account emails (Gmail) and calendar in those apps, but about a week ago, it has stopped working: the calendar is empty (no events, and no calendars listed), and the emails that were already synced are still there, but syncing doesn't bring any new email.

I tried deleting my Google account from the mail (or calendar) app, by going to "settings -> accounts", and then re-creating the account. I did that three times. Each time I was able to complete the following steps:

1. enter my Gmail address,
    2. then my Google account password,
    3. then the confirmation code sent by SMS,
    4. and finally got to the screen "Windows would like to..." (permissions listing), on which I clicked "Accept" (obviously).

The first time, I then got a Windows message "Something went wrong", followed by an error code (I didn't write it down).

The second time, I didn't get this error message, so it looked like the account was successfully created (it appeared in my accounts list in the settings of those apps), but nothing was synced: both apps (mail / calendar) remained empty. (I tried syncing manually by clicking the sync button in the mail app: still nothing, even though the app confirmed that it was "up to date".)

For my third attempt, I had found this question, so I went and created an "app password" in my Google account, specifically for those apps. But when I got to the password screen (step 2 described above) and entered this app password instead of my regular account password, I got an error message (from Google) asking me to enter my account password and not an app password. So I did that, and that got me exactly the same result as my second attempt (account created but nothing synced).

I also tried both answers given on the same question (first via "settings > accounts > add account > Other account", and second via "settings > accounts > add account > Advanced setup"), but none of them worked for me (again, account created but nothing synced).

Has anyone experienced the same problems? How can I make this work?

UPDATE: a few months back (early October 2015) I received an email from Microsoft inviting me to "reconnect to Google" (that was the title of the email). I ignored it for a while, but recently followed the steps in this email and now everything seems to be working fine. So I'm guessing that MS somehow fixed whatever bug it was.

4. email out of sync every single day and has to re-type the password to fix account

email account hacked. please help

Also may I suggest you change email accounts to one of the following.....

Gmail
    Outlook

The reason is they both use "Step two verification". This style of verification means even if a hacker gets your password they cannot log in to your account. You see every time someone try's to log in that hasn't been verified you will get a text or a phone call giving you a final code to log in. Its very easy and simple to setup also. The great thing is once you setup your Email application with a specific "application password" from that account you never have to log in again AND your account is protected from being logged in from foreign entities.

I like the new outlook personally however Gmail is also damn good. Gmail also has an IP tracker that allows you to see WHERE the account has been logged in from. Anyway let us know if you wanna change over and have any questions. We will be happy to help and welcome to TPU!

TheMailMan78, Dec 23, 2019
Thema:

email out of sync every single day and has to re-type the password to fix account

1. email out of sync every single day and has to re-type the password to fix account - Similar Threads - email sync every

2. Security flaw in accounts: Every day I get "Microsoft single use code email"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Security flaw in accounts: Every day I get "Microsoft single use code email": Lots of other people get these email too, e.g. This unresolved locked thread:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook_com/forum/all/receive-multiple-microsoft-single-use-code-email/bace64f1-3db5-4b57-880f-8494be3a4ad2Surely its not to hard for microsoft to say, hey this IP...
  3. Security flaw in accounts: Every day I get "Microsoft single use code email"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Security flaw in accounts: Every day I get "Microsoft single use code email": Lots of other people get these email too, e.g. This unresolved locked thread:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook_com/forum/all/receive-multiple-microsoft-single-use-code-email/bace64f1-3db5-4b57-880f-8494be3a4ad2Surely its not to hard for microsoft to say, hey this IP...
  4. Security flaw in accounts: Every day I get "Microsoft single use code email"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Bsods and Blackscreen EVERY SINGLE DAY

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bsods and Blackscreen EVERY SINGLE DAY: i NEED HELP IM LOSING MY MINDdumpshttps://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-83VhEQxi4W9lpDX0jle8cfuO7lU6FT9?usp=sharing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsods-and-blackscreen-every-single-day/85204fda-60f3-4e71-a307-afaea19010d0
  6. Microsoft Account Password has to be reset EVERY day.

Microsoft Account Password has to be reset EVERY day.: Every day the box pops up and says I need to log in to Microsoft Account for security. Every day I enter my credentials, except EVERY day it says my password is no good, so I have to reset my password EVERY day. This is time consuming, not to mention ridiculous. I have tried...
  7. password error every day

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    password error every day: i am having to change my password each and every day because it comes up incorrect password when my son logs in on his xbox each day. it does the same thing on my computer if i try to log in on here to Microsoft account is keeps saying incorrect pass word as well, so i do a...
  8. Message to "fix account" every day.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Message to "fix account" every day.: On sign-in I am getting a bar across the top of the screen that says "My account is out of date" and I can "Fix my account" or "Dismiss". When I choose "Fix my account" it asks for my PIN. When I enter that, the error message goes away, but it comes back every day....
  9. password out of sync

password out of sync: I kept getting a Microsoft message that my password was out of sync and to update my password. I updated it but IT WAS MY GOOGLE PASSWORD THAT WAS CHANGED! WTH! WHY does a Microsoft message change my Google password! Now I have a google password I DONT WANT, AND I CANT...
  10. Email re account

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Email re account: Have received 2 emails advising that I have an unpaid invoice from Microsoft 365 I believe this is a scam as all our accounts are direct debit payments. Thought I would post to alert others. Cheers...