Windows 10: Email Problem "unable to open" link

Discus and support Email Problem "unable to open" link in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Just back from 2 week vacation and every time I try to open an email link I get "unable to open" followed by the path info. What's happening? I can't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by johnmaki2, Aug 19, 2019.

1. johnmaki2 Win User

Email Problem "unable to open" link

Just back from 2 week vacation and every time I try to open an email link I get "unable to open" followed by the path info. What's happening? I can't find a solution? Can anyone help? Thanks

:)

johnmaki2, Aug 19, 2019

2. problem opening email links

Hi Rich,

Thanks for replying to us with the status of your issue.

We appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps.

To assist you better, I like to know; are you able to access the link from any different computer?

I suggest you to start your system safe mode with Networking and check if your able to access the links form Emails. If you are able to access the links in safe mode with networking then perform clean boot in your system.

Follow the below steps:

Step 1: To start your system in safe mode with Networking, follow the below steps:

• Press and hold Shift key and
      restart
      your Computer.

• Select Troubleshoot.

• Select Advance Option.

• Select Startup Settings.

• Follow the on Screen instruction.

• Select Safe mode with Networking, from the list of options

Step 2: Perform Clean boot.

A clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Note: Steps mentioned for Windows 8/8.1, will work fine with Windows 10.

Disclaimer: Please go through the section: How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot of the Kb article to boot the computer in normal startup after fixing the issue.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Aug 19, 2019
  3. problem opening email links

I sometimes have problems opening links from my Yahoo email account. I am using Windows 10 and using Windows Edge for my internet access. I get the message:

Hmm, we can't reach this page.
    Try this

• Make sure you’ve got the right web address: Redirect Link
    • Refresh the page
    • Search for what you want

What can I do to fix it?

RichKirchner, Aug 19, 2019
  4. NMI
    NMI Win User

Thema:

1. Email Problem "unable to open" link - Similar Threads - Email Problem unable

2. Unable to open Links

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to open Links: When trying to open a LINK blue alpha-numeric text an error message appears: "Unable to open https:// XXXXXX" This happens on the home page, in mail and in instruction text. However within a single application, the link will be accessed. I am using Windows 10 - 64 bit....
  3. unable to open emails

in Windows 10 Customization
    unable to open emails: I click on emails in the inbox but they will not open. I use Windows Mail app https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-open-emails/ff04d4fe-3352-40da-8f56-8b04d9427a4b
  4. Links in email won't open.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Links in email won't open.: Links in email won't open. I have the latest Windows 10 update installed. I tried changing default browsers to no avail. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/links-in-email-wont-open/0084757b-2903-451f-b40f-260ef8968e2f
  5. unable to open links

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    unable to open links: About 2 weeks ago microsoft did a big update, since then I have been unable to open links in my gmail account, is there a solution to this problem? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-open-links/be8e0675-9283-46fe-af13-d8f98b7748f1
  6. email link not opening

in Browsers and Email
    email link not opening: I am running Windows 10 v 1903 64bit,also Firefox Quantum 68.0.164bit.My Email is Outlook. When I open an Email I get a link with letters and numbers like a code(see screenshot)but when I click on them nothing happens,I have to close the email programme to read them on the...
  7. Email link problem

in Browsers and Email
    Email link problem: When clicking on a link in an E mail I get a box full of technical letters and numbers and the link doesn`t open. When I close Outlook,the link is opened on the screen.I`ve attempted to include a screenshot (if it works). 127693
  8. Difficulty opening links in emails..

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Difficulty opening links in emails..: When I click on links in emails I'm taken to a grey coloured page with a small "e" in the centre and then to a hyperlink and a box that says "waiting for response" however bo response comes. This is not how my email usually works. I'm appreciative of any help....
  9. Unable to open links from Outlook.live.com email

in Browsers and Email
    Unable to open links from Outlook.live.com email: Yesterday I could open any link from my email. I have not downloaded any new programs. When I click on a link in an email the following is in the heading - nam06.safelinks.protection.outlook.com - The page that opens has the Office 365 logo, which I don't use, and a...
  10. Live email link problems

in Browsers and Email
    Live email link problems: For the last 10 years I have used a snippet of JavaScript in web pages to encode clients’ email addresses. These worked fine on all our websites until a recent Windows 10 Update. People using Windows XP and Windows 7 have no problems with the live links. Now our clients’...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to open https email

2. unable to open link sent from email windows 10

3. unable topen links

4. unable to open email link,
  5. unable to open email links,
  6. unable to open link safelinks.protection,
  7. unable to open link in email windows 10,
  8. unable to open links on email,
  9. emails outlook unable to open link,
  10. unable to open links on emails,
  11. unable to open problem,