Windows 10: eMail Program For New pc ?

Discus and support eMail Program For New pc ? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hello, New desktop with W10 Home coming in a few days. Have eMail coming in now on an iMac, but will want to configure this new windows pc for the... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Robert11, Jan 24, 2019.

1. Robert11 Win User

eMail Program For New pc ?

Hello,

New desktop with W10 Home coming in a few days.

Have eMail coming in now on an iMac, but will want to configure
    this new windows pc for the eMail account, also.

Want to get eMails on both machines from same Comcast account.

We use Comcast for our eMails.

Haven't looked at eMail programs in a long time for PC's, but for
    a Windows pc, what is the most popular eMail program these days ? (other than Google mail)

Does W10 come with a built in eMail program ? If so, easy to configure and use ?

Would want something really simple to configure, and pretty
    basic; nothing fancy.

Thanks for help and suggestions,

Regards,
    Bob

:)

Robert11, Jan 24, 2019
  2. CargoX Win User

Windows 7 Will Not Include Email, Photo and Movie Programs

I think people missed that MS did not say "Internet" in the program list. Just Email, Photo, Movie.

CargoX, Jan 24, 2019
  3. transferring email files from old pc to new pc

Alright. I believe what I'd suggest first is to install the logical successor to Windows Mail, which for Windows 7 onward would be the Windows Essentials pack's Mail program. Install it
    from here onto your new Windows 10 computer. This is actually just an updated version of the Windows Vista mail, and it can accept the exported emails from your old PC.

Once all your emails are into that program, fire up Outlook on the same PC and it can import from it using these steps: Migrate from Outlook Express or Windows (Live) Mail to Outlook - HowTo-Outlook

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Jan 24, 2019
  4. dalchina Win User

new email

Outlook - Freeserve mail setup | Email settings

Freeserve settings

What Are the Gmail SMTP Server Settings?
    Gmail SMTP
    Gmail POP3 Settings

• Gmail POP port: 995
    • Gmail POP TLS/SSL required: yes
    - I just did a couple of general internet searches for you.

I'm not sure that you can transfer emails from one server to another unless you have some offer to do that.

Consider using an email client such as Thunderbird, which can receive and store emails on your PC. I have emails going back many years.

(Of course, also back up your PC!)

dalchina, Jan 24, 2019
Thema:

1. eMail Program For New pc ? - Similar Threads - eMail Program

2. There is no email program associated to perform the requested action. I am trying to send...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    There is no email program associated to perform the requested action. I am trying to send...: There is no email program associated to perform the requested action. I am trying to send my resume out in an email, and this is what I get. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/there-is-no-email-program-associated-to-perform/149b0b29-2be5-4203-9604-8f99e2e34b95
  3. There is no email program associated to perform the requested action. I am trying to send...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    There is no email program associated to perform the requested action. I am trying to send...: There is no email program associated to perform the requested action. I am trying to send my resume out in an email, and this is what I get. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/there-is-no-email-program-associated-to-perform/149b0b29-2be5-4203-9604-8f99e2e34b95
  4. i have set up a laptop for my son using his email, whenit asks to install programs it asks...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i have set up a laptop for my son using his email, whenit asks to install programs it asks...: i have set up a laptop for my son using his email, when it asks to install programs it asks for a pin for my account and i dont know how to take it off please help...
  5. i have set up a laptop for my son using his email, whenit asks to install programs it asks...

i have set up a laptop for my son using his email, whenit asks to install programs it asks...: i have set up a laptop for my son using his email, when it asks to install programs it asks for a pin for my account and i dont know how to take it off please help...
  6. Error message related to not having a default email program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error message related to not having a default email program: I recently downloaded a third party software to view a .pst file as I do not have Outlook installed on this computer. That software seems to work fine.However, ever since I installed the program, I am receiving this sporadic but persistent error message in a pop-up where the...
  7. Error message related to not having a default email program

Error message related to not having a default email program: I recently downloaded a third party software to view a .pst file as I do not have Outlook installed on this computer. That software seems to work fine.However, ever since I installed the program, I am receiving this sporadic but persistent error message in a pop-up where the...
  8. Windows doesn't seem to let me change my default email program correctly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows doesn't seem to let me change my default email program correctly: I receive my emails at dslextreme.com, but I can't find that program at the "default" listing in the Win10 control panel. How can I change my default mail program from Microsoft's "Mail" [which I don't use] to DSLExtreme?...
  9. Windows doesn't seem to let me change my default email program correctly

Windows doesn't seem to let me change my default email program correctly: I receive my emails at dslextreme.com, but I can't find that program at the "default" listing in the Win10 control panel. How can I change my default mail program from Microsoft's "Mail" [which I don't use] to DSLExtreme?...
  10. Windows doesn't seem to let me change my default email program correctly

in Windows 10 Customization