Windows 10: Email PST folder

Discus and support Email PST folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I crashed my hard drive with my PST folder. Now Outlook.exe does not run because it cannot fond my .PST folder! How can I set a new one?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SchalkBrits1, May 17, 2019.

1. Email PST folder

I crashed my hard drive with my PST folder. Now Outlook.exe does not run because it cannot fond my .PST folder! How can I set a new one?

:)

SchalkBrits1, May 17, 2019
  2. sparvy Win User

PC Suite - .PST synchronization

Hi all,

I've got a problem with PST sync and need assistance.

Nokia 6233 (with latest firmware thx to Nokia Software Updater)

PC Suite 6.85.14.1

Windows XP Sp2

Office 2007 (with Exchange 2003)

USB cable

Outlook is configured to open my exchange mailbox but use a PST file as default destination (c:\outlook\mypst.pst).

When configuring PC Sync I get multiple problems :

my mailbox listed twice,

public folders listed twice,

PST file not listed !

Whatever folder I select then I end up with message "you have not selected all the required folders for this synchronisation".

Suggestions are welcome.

Thanks

Seb

sparvy, May 17, 2019
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Outlook PST File Problem

That is exactly what I was going to suggest. Export everything to another PST file, delete the old(or rather move it out of the default folder) and replace it with the new PST file that you exported.

newtekie1, May 17, 2019
  4. jumper2 Win User

Email PST folder

Outlook 2016 pst file disappeared. How to find/recover/reconstruct

To answer the above questions...

• The pst file I do have is on an external drive. Full copy of the file as of 08-Feb-2017.
    • The pst file I do need cannot be found on the system. Is it hidden, under another name, deleted via a proper delete or corrupted, I don't know. Not in the Outlook folder in the path mentioned above that it was previously. What I don't understand is that Quick Access reported it was there and how it would then simply be gone.
    • Outlook 2016, part of Office 365
    • Windows 10
    • Outlook won't start, looking for that pst file in the specific folder
    • Old pst file (used since, I think 2007), but has been fine until last week
    • It seems that another pst file (that had older emails) that was also used until recently has disappeared
    • Yep, I know about backups. Everything essential, besides these files, is backed up to Dropbox. Unfortunately this is the regrettable exception. Beyond the regrets, I'm trying to make good of a bad situation.
    • I might have changed a setting in Malwarebytes 3 a couple of months ago to delete, rather than quarantine infected files. I've emailed them to ask if deleted files are recoverable. Is this possibly the issue, I don't know. Would it and others have been flagged, perhaps as false/positives, I don't know. Cannot access the system or any logs or apps right now as SpinRite is still running.
    • I'm thinking of cancelling the SpinRite. Now 4 days and no idea on progress/finish. Running from a bootable USB. Have read of some issues using a USB, but nothing clear.
    • Recognise that there may be other issues that warrant a HDD replacement to be entirely safe. Beyond these missing files, no other messages of any kind or misbehaviour to suggest other problems.

I would really like to know what happened to these files or if there is anything I can do to try find/recover them. In the event that I simply try to recover best, how do I accomplish this using Outlook? Copy the Feb copy of the pst file to previous folder, start Outlook, import the file to Outlook, and/or create a new profile, download all the messages from the server and then import the old back up. Would appreciate a step by step guide to any options to ensure I don't mess up.

Thanks for all the replies. Appreciated.

jumper2, May 17, 2019
Thema:

Email PST folder

1. Email PST folder - Similar Threads - Email PST folder

2. Error Copying Outlook PST files to Box.com Desktop Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error Copying Outlook PST files to Box.com Desktop Folder: Hello,I'm working with Win11 Pro.I am attempting to copy an Outlook PST file to my Box Desktop Sync Folder and I continue to receive the error that the file is either invalid, or the path is too long.I have run RegEdit and GPEdit.msc, enabling long paths in both cases....
  3. Export emails from W10 Mail app to pst file?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Export emails from W10 Mail app to pst file?: I have been using the Mail app in Windows 10 and have lots of important emails in the inbox. I was using IMAP. I'm now changing my whole system and want to move to Outlook Exchange mail as part of Office 365. How do I save all existing emails in Mail so I can import them...
  4. PST

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PST: HOW DO I OPEN .PST FILE ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pst/5cb0f141-91de-4310-8425-bb2860101953
  5. Outlook 2019 email installation of existing PST

in Windows 10 Customization
    Outlook 2019 email installation of existing PST: Can anyone give me instructions on how to install Microsoft Office 2019 Professional Plus OUTLOOK! to input my existing PST instead of it creating another one, or at least how to import more emails into the same Profile or Data File??...
  6. PST Question

in Microsoft Office and 365
    PST Question: I am running MS office 2019 and using the Outlook included in it. After a crash I thought I lost all my PST files , but I have discovered that I had backed them up just prior to the.pc crashing. Can I bring these pst files into Win10 and Outlook 2019 and merge them into...
  7. PST files.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PST files.: Can I open an old PST Outlook file from Office Professions 2016's Outlook app? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pst-files/39e1ead4-b0b7-49f7-b1b0-9b6fd96fa979"
  8. .pst files

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    .pst files: I was trying to move folders from the document folder to a flash drive, and I screwed it up as usual. Out of nowhere appeared a massive file labeled as an "outlook .pst" file in the document folder. I don't even use outlook, so what is it and should I delete it?...
  9. Import Outlook Email, Contacts, and Calendar from PST file

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Import Outlook Email, Contacts, and Calendar from PST file: How to: Import Outlook Email, Contacts, and Calendar from PST file How to Import Outlook Email, Contacts, and Calendar from PST file Outlook 2016 lets you focus on whats important with a clear view of email, calendars, and contacts. If you have already exported your...
  10. Export Outlook 2016 Email, Contacts, and Calendar to PST file

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Export Outlook 2016 Email, Contacts, and Calendar to PST file: How to: Export Outlook 2016 Email, Contacts, and Calendar to PST file How to Export Outlook 2016 Email, Contacts, and Calendar to PST file Outlook 2016 lets you focus on whats important with a clear view of email, calendars, and contacts. You can export your email,...