Windows 10: Email question

Discus and support Email question in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; We finally got a new Dell computer and installed MS Office 2010 using my old CD. The problem we now have is the older version of Home Office does not... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by bcgreen, Dec 12, 2016.

1. bcgreen Win User

Email question

We finally got a new Dell computer and installed MS Office 2010 using my old CD. The problem we now have is the older version of Home Office does not include Outlook
    Email question [​IMG]
    . The Office 2010 email program is the absolute minimum and certainly is not what we need (for contact groups, etc). Is there a free, decent email program available (like Outlook 2016) where I can download my Contacts from MS ? My email carrier, Yahoo mail, is pretty deficient of any extra capabilities. I just don't want to purchase MS Outlook 2016 unless I have to.

:)

bcgreen, Dec 12, 2016

2. Windows 10 retail license key

I've been looking into possibly getting Windows 10. I found retail license keys being sold on eBay for extremely cheap (under $15). It
    seems like there would have to be some issue with these. However, I'm not sure what the problem could be. I've been doing some research. If I understand correctly, if it's retail then it cannot be OEM. Also, if it's retail, I understand it cannot be
    a volume license key. From what I understand, it cannot be MSDN, either. If it were simply pirated, then I don't see how it could be activated as they claim it can be. What am I missing? FWIW, it comes from Europe, but claims to be valid worldwide.

(Not linking to the eBay sale as I don't want to "promote" it if there is an issue with it. But what can you suggest to me based on the little info available?)

Edit: A possibility... could it potentially be resold to other parties and activated by them, but then if I reinstall (when enough activations have been done), I will be unable to reactivate again?

(Question), Dec 12, 2016
  3. Jacques_G Win User
    Questions on email

When I start typing an email address in the To box, suggestions appear (from past used email addresses). How can I edit this suggestion list? ie for instance suppress email addresses?

thanks

Jacques

Jacques_G, Dec 12, 2016
  4. Email question

Hello and welcome:*Smile

I use Thunderbird (it is free).

Recent discussion here (including a link to fairly recent comparison of several email clients):

Best alternative desktop email client - Windows 10 Forums

If you search the forum, you'll likely find quite a few similar discussions.
    Yes, all provide some way to migrate/import your Outlook data.

Bottom line: no one email client will best suit all users. So, research it a bit and try the one that best suits your needs.

Let us know if you need more help.

Cheers,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Dec 12, 2016
  5. bcgreen Win User
    Thank you for your responses. The Mozilla Thunderbird website says that I can import my Outlook contacts if Outlook is already installed. I no longer have Outlook on my computer, so am I out of luck??

bcgreen, Dec 13, 2016
  6. You can install TB on any computer. There are several ways to "convert" from Outlook to TB and/or to move data from one computer to another, or (as I think you are trying to do) to do both. These tutorials explain it better than I can:

Switching to Thunderbird

But TB can only import/migrate data from the old computer to the new one if the Outlook account is there on the old computer, or if the data from it are backed up somewhere else amenable to transfer to the new system.

If you do not have some sort of backup of your data from your old Outlook account because you uninstalled Outlook without saving the information somewhere, then it sounds as if there may be nothing to import or migrate?

Or perhaps I do not understand what you're trying to do. If that's the case, I apologize.*Sad

MM

MoxieMomma, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Email question

1. Email question - Similar Threads - Email question

2. So, there's a lot of maybes in this question so I'll be specific. If I put my NEW email as...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    So, there's a lot of maybes in this question so I'll be specific. If I put my NEW email as...: Email Transfer Data https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/so-theres-a-lot-of-maybes-in-this-question-so-ill/64af6d69-4ec3-483f-a04c-f146cf9f1920
  3. So, there's a lot of maybes in this question so I'll be specific. If I put my NEW email as...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    So, there's a lot of maybes in this question so I'll be specific. If I put my NEW email as...: Email Transfer Data https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/so-theres-a-lot-of-maybes-in-this-question-so-ill/64af6d69-4ec3-483f-a04c-f146cf9f1920
  4. How do I log into an old email when I don't know the answer to the verifying questions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I log into an old email when I don't know the answer to the verifying questions: It's been so long since I was last logged into the email that I can't answer what was the last email I Sendt or the topic of it. Honestly I'm pretty sure I have never even Sendt an email from that account...
  5. How do I log into an old email when I don't know the answer to the verifying questions

How do I log into an old email when I don't know the answer to the verifying questions: It's been so long since I was last logged into the email that I can't answer what was the last email I Sendt or the topic of it. Honestly I'm pretty sure I have never even Sendt an email from that account...
  6. Meeting Room emails and Sharing Laptop Security questions.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Meeting Room emails and Sharing Laptop Security questions.: Hi there, We have several meeting rooms that people are planning on using the same laptop for.These people will be different every time, but wish to use the same laptop. This would be to achieve things such making Teams calls, calendar invites.The concern here is security. If...
  7. Meeting Room emails and Sharing Laptop Security questions.

Meeting Room emails and Sharing Laptop Security questions.: Hi there, We have several meeting rooms that people are planning on using the same laptop for.These people will be different every time, but wish to use the same laptop. This would be to achieve things such making Teams calls, calendar invites.The concern here is security. If...
  8. This isn't really a question but I got the Window Defender Subscribtion Scam email also.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    This isn't really a question but I got the Window Defender Subscribtion Scam email also.: The Email address they are using are <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***> and <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***> If these addresses are legit I would look into if they were hacked other wise you might be able to track who ever sending them with those...
  9. Microsoft email rewards, is it true? kindly respond for this question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft email rewards, is it true? kindly respond for this question: Microsoft email rewards: I'm from india and I got an email from Microsoft that I have won some amount from Microsoft, is it true? kindly respond for this question !* Moved from Community Center...
  10. Microsoft email rewards, is it true? kindly respond for this question

Microsoft email rewards, is it true? kindly respond for this question: Microsoft email rewards: I'm from india and I got an email from Microsoft that I have won some amount from Microsoft, is it true? kindly respond for this question !* Moved from Community Center...