Windows 10: Email read receipts ???

Discus and support Email read receipts ??? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi I am trying to set up my email on windows 10 and do not seem to be able to find a function to set up the read receipts. Please advise how this is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by WarennRew, Jul 18, 2019.

1. WarennRew Win User

Email read receipts ???

Hi

I am trying to set up my email on windows 10 and do not seem to be able to find a function to set up the read receipts. Please advise how this is done. Surely in this day and age it must be possible we are in 2019 after all.

Regards

Warren

:)

WarennRew, Jul 18, 2019
  2. e-morph Win User

Automatic Read Receipts in Windows Phone 8

Hi Solène,

Thanks for your reply. However, my first post was a little vague - I was not talking about SMS receipts, which are indeed a mobile provider service - I was talking specifically about email, and Microsoft Exchange read receipts, which are sent by the email
    client.

Actually I think only Microsoft email clients (Outlook, WPhone etc.) actually take any notice of read-receipt requests, but you normally get an option whether to send them or not. Windows phone does not give you the option - that was my complaint! I don't
    think there is a solution to this, except by switching to another email client... any suggestions anyone?

e-morph, Jul 18, 2019
  3. Dutchy74 Win User
    WM6 & responding to requests for email read receipts

Good morning,

I hope someone can give me a solution for the following question/problem:

When using WM6 in combination with the Exchange direct push functionality to get email pushed to the device, there seems to be no possibility to influence the way you respond to requests for read receipts; whenever the sender of an email requests a read
    receipt, a (positive) response is always sent when you read the email on your WM device. This is standard in WM6 (at least in WM6 'Standard'). I checked with Microsoft in The Netherlands and in the end they pointed me to this forum.

Besides the fact that I personally don't want people to know whenever I'm reading my (work) mail at night or during the weekend, there is another more serious issue.

We have been working with a new internet domain and corresponding new email addresses on which I receive many mails from 'new' senders that I read on the device. I occasionally receive spam (like the rest of the world) and sometimes I only recognize it being
    spam after I read the mail on my device. After a while the number of spam mails grew very fast. Someone once pointed me to the fact that most spam senders request read receipts to ensure the email address is 'active'....

The standard positive responses to requests for read receipts in WM6 are only making things worse, spamwise.

Being able to stop the sending of positive responses from my device would not only be a convenience matter but to me it seems a necessity.

Thanks in advance!

Dutchy74, Jul 18, 2019
  4. Email read receipts ???

WM6 & responding to requests for email read receipts

Unfortunately, disabling read receipt request is not supported.

Just an Idea: When you receive such emails, open them and quickly go to the menu and select Mark as Unread. With some luck, this might prevent the receipt from going out. Let me if this works.

Hopefully this flaw will be fixed through a patch orin the next version of Windows Mobile.

Linley Meslier, Jul 18, 2019
Thema:

Email read receipts ???

1. Email read receipts ??? - Similar Threads - Email read receipts

2. windows phone app SMS read receipt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows phone app SMS read receipt: windows phone app supports SMS read receipts, if yes how I can turn it on?When I sent SMS from my PC I don't get a read receipt on my phone.Regards https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-phone-app-sms-read-receipt/009f0259-cb27-489a-af22-cd7519e87e3f
  3. windows phone app SMS read receipt

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows phone app SMS read receipt: windows phone app supports SMS read receipts, if yes how I can turn it on?When I sent SMS from my PC I don't get a read receipt on my phone.Regards https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-phone-app-sms-read-receipt/009f0259-cb27-489a-af22-cd7519e87e3f
  4. Read receipt in eMail Client?

in Browsers and Email
    Read receipt in eMail Client?: I would like to know how to get eMC to send me a read receipt to indicate that my mail has been recived. Can eMC do this please? I do have the Pro version. Thanks 168092
  5. Read receipt in eMail Client?

Read receipt in eMail Client?: I would like to know how to get eMC to send me a read receipt to indicate that my mail has been recived. Can eMC do this please? I do have the Pro version. Thanks 168092
  6. Need read receipt in basic windows 10

Need read receipt in basic windows 10: Hello I use the email app that comes with windows 10. I want to receive read receipts? How hard can it be to add? The only reply on the blog page was 2017? I can't believe I'm the only one requesting this option. I don't want to have to use regular Gmail where I can add a...
  7. Microsoft Store Receipt Email

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store Receipt Email: Hello, I just made a recent purchase on the Microsoft store, specifically the new Xbox. I was notified that my receipt went to the original and now closed email for this account. Clearly, my current email is linked to this account or I would not be able to log on this...
  8. Read receipt in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Read receipt in Windows 10: Help me to request Read Receipt. What are the steps to add read receipt requested? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/read-receipt-in-windows-10/27f7958f-b350-4e09-b6b5-afe6ab47c84d
  9. Receipt for email

in Windows 10 Customization
    Receipt for email: How can I ask for a notification that the email I send has been delivered? On my old email there was an option for this but there is nothing on windows 10 Mail as far as I can see....
  10. Skype (preview) for Windows 10 updated with read receipts

in Windows 10 News
    Skype (preview) for Windows 10 updated with read receipts: Microsoft recently launched a brand new Skype app, replacing the old app with a new UWP app built on React Native instead of XAML. Skype UWP was clearly lagging behind the modern Skype app that is available on all platforms but the new app is feature-rich and is only getting...