Windows 10: Email received: "Your OneDrive account will be deleted on October 23, 2018" - scam or real?

Discus and support Email received: "Your OneDrive account will be deleted on October 23, 2018" - scam or real? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I received an email from the following address: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** [ATTACH] I have not downloaded the pictures, but the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MarcBrigginshaw1, Sep 26, 2018.

1. Email received: "Your OneDrive account will be deleted on October 23, 2018" - scam or real?

I received an email from the following address: *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

Email received: "Your OneDrive account will be deleted on October 23, 2018" - scam or real? a4f1c68d-69f5-4661-b3dd-bbd95d64032f?upload=true.png

I have not downloaded the pictures, but the email contains various links.

It seems legitimate, but I am slightly concerned that I have accessed my account frequently in the past 2 years, so I don't understand why it was generated. Equally, I don't want to lose all my files (I've backed them up just in case).

Can Microsoft confirm whether this is a scam or not?

:)

MarcBrigginshaw1, Sep 26, 2018

2. email account hacked. please help

Don't think you can if they were deleted from your email account and are not in your trash folder. Try contacting Yahoo, explain what happened, and see what they can do or suggest you do.

BarbaricSoul, Sep 26, 2018
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, Sep 26, 2018
  4. alvez Win User

Email received: "Your OneDrive account will be deleted on October 23, 2018" - scam or real?

outlook account config

SO today my friend asked me if i could post this question on the forum:

He wants to configure a outlook account with 1 email, with that outlook account he wants to run the same account in 2 diferent computers he wants the both computer to be connected in network, for example:

• he receives a email and that email is sent to each computer;
    • he deletes a email from one computer and it also deletes on the other;
    • he moves a email to a folder it also moves on the other computer;
    If you guys can help me would be nice!
    Email received: "Your OneDrive account will be deleted on October 23, 2018" - scam or real? [​IMG]
    thanks!

alvez, Sep 26, 2018
Thema:

Email received: "Your OneDrive account will be deleted on October 23, 2018" - scam or real?

1. Email received: "Your OneDrive account will be deleted on October 23, 2018" - scam or real? - Similar Threads - Email received OneDrive

2. Is this real? or a scam?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is this real? or a scam?: There's a popup on my screen asking me to call 1-855-427-9362. I dont trust this popup. Please tell me what to do? And leave my computer alone!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-this-real-or-a-scam/db1c50ea-8430-4d58-90c8-21bca550aaa6
  3. Is *** Your request about your Microsoft Account *** is a scam email?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is *** Your request about your Microsoft Account *** is a scam email?: hello. I recently received 2 emails from Microsoft.------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Microsoft Customer Service <*** Email address...
  4. Is *** Your request about your Microsoft Account *** is a scam email?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is *** Your request about your Microsoft Account *** is a scam email?: hello. I recently received 2 emails from Microsoft.------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Microsoft Customer Service <*** Email address...
  5. Is it real or a scam

Is it real or a scam: Hi, i got an email from "Microsoft account team" saying someone has logged into my account from Madrid in Spain and asking if it was me or not. when i click the email the email address is *** Email address is removed for privacy *** but then when i click report this user the...
  6. Scam or real

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scam or real: I received a credit an email from support @worldbtctrade.com,but it Shows that this email was sent on behalf of another *** Email address is removed for privacy *** dont know if it fake or true....
  7. Scam or real

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Scam or real: I received a credit an email from support @worldbtctrade.com,but it Shows that this email was sent on behalf of another *** Email address is removed for privacy *** dont know if it fake or true....
  8. Is this Real or Scam?

Is this Real or Scam?: Recently there is someone who promote omnipotent otk ,a type of cryptocurrency using the name of dr liu tie yan ,assistant managing director of Microsoft Research Asia to ask public to invest in it.is it a scam? [Original Title: scam?]...
  9. Scam or real

Scam or real: Yesterday my computer froze and I got a message to call a number that said it was for Microsoft help. I was told I had been hacked and needed to fix my laptop. The fee was $799. Is this legitimate?...
  10. Your OneDrive account will be deleted on - is this real?

Your OneDrive account will be deleted on - is this real?: I received an email with the subject line - Your OneDrive account will be deleted on.... account has been unused for the past two years, and will be deleted on October 23, 2018. If you would like to keep your account, please visit OneDrive to reactivate it. Go to OneDrive...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. your onedrive is about to be deleted

2. your onedrive account will be deleted

3. onedrive account will be deleted email

4. can onedrive be deleted if not pay,
  5. your one drive account will be deleted,
  6. one drive account will be deleted,
  7. one drive acct deleted email,
  8. Mangers are receiving emails OneDrive will be deleted,
  9. your microsoft one drive is about to be deleted emails,
  10. your onedrive will be deleted scam/,
  11. is email from microsoft to delete one drive account a scam,