Windows 10: Email saying they've accessed my computer and demanding payment

Discus and support Email saying they've accessed my computer and demanding payment in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, I'm really worried. Someone has emailed me, saying they have a recording of me from my laptops face camera, they know what movie I was watching and... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by nsepvo, Sep 12, 2018.

1. nsepvo Win User

Email saying they've accessed my computer and demanding payment

Hi, I'm really worried. Someone has emailed me, saying they have a recording of me from my laptops face camera, they know what movie I was watching and are supposedly in possession of my personal files due to visiting one of their sites. Please help as they threatening me and I need 450eu in bitcoin (which I don't have) in 22 hours. Excuse the long paragraph, I'm just confused and stressed.

* Original title: Pleas Help

:)

nsepvo, Sep 12, 2018
  2. taward Win User

One computer cannot access other network computers.

So I've tried every troubleshooting step I know:
    • Double checked that Net Bios was enabled
    • Ran a bunch of network commands:
      • flushed DNS
      • registered dns
      • pinged and located the named computers successfully
    • Reset my router to factory settings

Nothing works when I try to access via explorer. I'm still baffled by the fact that every other computer can access each other AND access this computer. It's just the outgoing connection from this machine that doesn't work.

Any thoughts?

taward, Sep 12, 2018
  3. not accepting payment

Hi Ryan,

One of the factor why you're having issues purchasing an app in Windows Store is due to payment method settings. See this article:

Troubleshoot problems with payment options
    and follow the suggest troubleshooting steps.

Let us know what happens after following the suggested troubleshooting steps.

Regile Reb, Sep 12, 2018
  4. Email saying they've accessed my computer and demanding payment

No payment method.

Hi Darey2013,

Thanks for posting on the forum,

I would suggest to do the following: from your phone go to settings > email+ account > and check the first email on the list under "Microsoft Account", then from your pc log in to this web site

https://commerce.microsoft.com with the same email and password and check, please, under payment method if you can see your credit card listed, if not click
    on "add payment method" and add your credit card.

After that restart your phone and check if you can buy an app to test the card.

Let me know if this helps.

Regards.

Gianpaolo

Gianpaolo L., Sep 12, 2018
Thema:

Email saying they've accessed my computer and demanding payment

1. Email saying they've accessed my computer and demanding payment - Similar Threads - Email saying they've

2. someone hacked my email and sent myself an email saying they demand bitcoin transfer or...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    someone hacked my email and sent myself an email saying they demand bitcoin transfer or...: this morning all of the sudden someone hacked my hotmail and they said they have downloaded and compiled my personal data, web history, etc and will share them publicly if i dont send them bitcoin to the included address, how is this possible? they cannot be tracked as they...
  3. someone hacked my email and sent myself an email saying they demand bitcoin transfer or...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    someone hacked my email and sent myself an email saying they demand bitcoin transfer or...: this morning all of the sudden someone hacked my hotmail and they said they have downloaded and compiled my personal data, web history, etc and will share them publicly if i dont send them bitcoin to the included address, how is this possible? they cannot be tracked as they...
  4. someone hacked my email and sent myself an email saying they demand bitcoin transfer or...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Payment method emails... are these scams?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Payment method emails... are these scams?: Hi, I have been receiving emails with 'your credit card was declined—update your payment information' message. It includes an invoice number and each time it is the same email with same information. I am not even using this email much and when I go to my Microsoft account...
  6. Payment method emails... are these scams?

Payment method emails... are these scams?: Hi, I have been receiving emails with 'your credit card was declined—update your payment information' message. It includes an invoice number and each time it is the same email with same information. I am not even using this email much and when I go to my Microsoft account...
  7. Dolby Access asking for payment again

Dolby Access asking for payment again: Yesterday, I bought Dolby access app from Microsoft Store But Today it's asking for payment again. I tried restarting my laptop,Uninstalled and Installed again but the problem persists. I have only one Microsoft account...
  8. Malicious email demanding Cash and/or bitcoin

Malicious email demanding Cash and/or bitcoin: Within the last two weeks i have received from this email address; Teriann Grant *** Email address is removed for privacy ***... a demand for $2000.00 cash or bitcoin to keep my email contacts and other folders from being released to wide spread distribution. I have a copy...
  9. Repeat recorded phone calls claiming to be frrom Microsoft & Windows demanding payment of...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Repeat recorded phone calls claiming to be frrom Microsoft & Windows demanding payment of...: I keep getting recorded phone calls from supposedly Microsoft and Windows demanding a payment of $299.00 for a Windows key and Microsoft problem solving or they will debit my bank account. I feel this is a scam and would like to hear from the community. Thank you! Margarete...
  10. Outlook Age Verification, locked, demanding payment + personal data

Outlook Age Verification, locked, demanding payment + personal data: Hello, My mother was trying to log into her Outlook Mail account in her web browser. It asked her to enter her DoB (which she already set when she created the account, years ago) and so she did. Now, Microsoft is demanding either a copy of some official document (passport,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. emails saying they have access to my camera

2. someone emailed me claiming they accessed my hard drive

3. email saying they have my password demanding payment in bitware

4. email demanding payment,
  5. email demanding payment saying they have access to my pc,
  6. i received email saying they accessed my computer camera and blackmailing me they hsve my password,
  7. i received email saying they accessed my computer camera and blackmailing ke,
  8. i received an email saying they accessed my camera