Windows 10: Email Server requesting password

Discus and support Email Server requesting password in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; 4 days a go my email stopped working. I was prompted for password however it still did not restart email. So I ended up doing a recovery and email... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SteveHubbard1, Jan 18, 2019.

1. Email Server requesting password

4 days a go my email stopped working. I was prompted for password however it still did not restart email. So I ended up doing a recovery and email started to work again. Here we are today and back it not working. Please advise. Note I do not receive emails so any updates on this question will not be received.

:)

SteveHubbard1, Jan 18, 2019
  2. 7.62 Win User

Email clients not remembering passwords

Hi all

A friends computer will not remember his gmail password. He used to use outlook, and seeing that I use thunderbird and it would be easier to troubleshoot I installed that for him. Now that was working for a few weeks, and now the same problem is occuring.

We are 100% sure the password is correct, as we can access the email account through webmail, but the local clients will not remember the correct password. Of course the 'Remember password' button is checked, but still no good.

It returns with incorrect password.

Any suggestions?

3. dalchina Win User
    new email

Outlook - Freeserve mail setup | Email settings

Freeserve settings

What Are the Gmail SMTP Server Settings?
    Gmail SMTP
    Gmail POP3 Settings

• Gmail POP port: 995
    • Gmail POP TLS/SSL required: yes
    - I just did a couple of general internet searches for you.

I'm not sure that you can transfer emails from one server to another unless you have some offer to do that.

Consider using an email client such as Thunderbird, which can receive and store emails on your PC. I have emails going back many years.

(Of course, also back up your PC!)

dalchina, Jan 18, 2019
  4. newtekie1 Win User

Email Server requesting password

Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, Jan 18, 2019
Thema:

Email Server requesting password

1. Email Server requesting password - Similar Threads - Email Server requesting

2. Email Server says "invalid user name or password"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Email Server says "invalid user name or password": For some unkown reason my email server finds my password for pop3 in my account no longer valid so I'm unable to download email to my pc. I didn't change it, I can't see it, and don't remember what it is, which at this point probably doesn't matter, so I need to reset it but...
  3. Email Server says "invalid user name or password"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Email Server says "invalid user name or password": For some unkown reason my email server finds my password for pop3 in my account no longer valid so I'm unable to download email to my pc. I didn't change it, I can't see it, and don't remember what it is, which at this point probably doesn't matter, so I need to reset it but...
  4. Email Server says "invalid user name or password"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. no password request on startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    no password request on startup: I have an up to date win10 64 system. To boot up after it go to sleep or power off it does not go to password request. It just sits there! I have to hit ctrl+alt+delete to get the password requested. Any ideas?...
  6. Password request

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Password request: MS keeps asking for my password every 2-3 minutes!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/password-request/8e8225c2-d7df-4b39-ac1e-8b21ede43707
  7. Outlook keeps requesting my email password.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Outlook keeps requesting my email password.: I installed Windows 10 update on 11/29/2020. Since update I have experienced problems with Outlook 2013. Outlook when starting continually asks for my outlook.pst password and email passwords. I have 4 email accounts setup and only one account continues to ask for...
  8. email server password recovery

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    email server password recovery: change password on email server https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-server-password-recovery/7fc7daa3-62ea-44cf-9e60-ecdd1675cbc3
  9. email servers

in Windows 10 Customization
    email servers: How do I move or copy Folders on Incredimail server to Thunderbird server https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-servers/19dc0911-e253-4742-8645-eefbd08c0f11
  10. Password request

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Password request: I have a laptop which uses Windows 10. It is so irritating to be asked for a password EVERY time I open the laptop. Does anyone know how I can disable this function https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/password-request/4501d09e-8438-4042-9e4a-bac26c5d1c45"