Windows 10: Email settings question

Discus and support Email settings question in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi, I was wondering if someone could verify this for me. When I setup my PC and phone, should the setting on both be the same on both the devices... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by bruinator, Apr 10, 2018.

1. bruinator Win User

Email settings question

Hi,

I was wondering if someone could verify this for me. When I setup my PC and phone, should the setting on both be the same on both the devices when it comes to both devices:

Pop.xxxx.com
    smtp.xxxx.com

one set up this way being my pc:

pop.xxxx.com
    smtp.xxxx.com

and on my phone:

imap.xxxx.com
    smtp.yyyy.net

or

pop.xxxx.com
    smtp.yyyy.com

or

android.pop.xxxx.com
    android.smtp.xxxx.com

or
    android.imap,xxxx.com
    android.smtp.yyyy.com

or

android.imap,xxxx.com
    android.smtp.yyyy.net

Shouldnt they be identical on both pc and phone in order to work correctly?

thx

:)

bruinator, Apr 10, 2018

2. Windows 10 retail license key

I've been looking into possibly getting Windows 10. I found retail license keys being sold on eBay for extremely cheap (under $15). It
    seems like there would have to be some issue with these. However, I'm not sure what the problem could be. I've been doing some research. If I understand correctly, if it's retail then it cannot be OEM. Also, if it's retail, I understand it cannot be
    a volume license key. From what I understand, it cannot be MSDN, either. If it were simply pirated, then I don't see how it could be activated as they claim it can be. What am I missing? FWIW, it comes from Europe, but claims to be valid worldwide.

(Not linking to the eBay sale as I don't want to "promote" it if there is an issue with it. But what can you suggest to me based on the little info available?)

Edit: A possibility... could it potentially be resold to other parties and activated by them, but then if I reinstall (when enough activations have been done), I will be unable to reactivate again?

(Question), Apr 10, 2018
  3. Jacques_G Win User
    Questions on email

When I start typing an email address in the To box, suggestions appear (from past used email addresses). How can I edit this suggestion list? ie for instance suppress email addresses?

thanks

Jacques

Jacques_G, Apr 10, 2018
  4. Email settings question

It will depends if you want to use POP (Locally stored mail) or IMAP (server-side stored mail) (IMAP is more popular for those using email on more than one device). Whichever you choose, they will be the same setting for both device.

The exception is if the email provider uses different ports for mobile devices. However, most have changed to using the same ports and settings for all devices.

Masterchiefxx17, Apr 10, 2018
Thema:

Email settings question

1. Email settings question - Similar Threads - Email settings question

2. Questionable email

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Questionable email: I just received a Email today saying that my email will be deleted unless I click varification link, I think this is a scam and was wondering if it was from Microsoft or not havent clicked on the link yet....
  3. Questionable email

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Questionable email: I just received a Email today saying that my email will be deleted unless I click varification link, I think this is a scam and was wondering if it was from Microsoft or not havent clicked on the link yet....
  4. Question : closing of email ????

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Question : closing of email ????: Hello,Could you please tell me if this email is genuine?or a spam, or worst.Please let me know.Thank youJosianeFrom: Helpdesk Support <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***>Sent: Monday, March 14, 2022 5:42 PMTo: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** <*** Email...
  5. Email hack question

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Email hack question: It appears my aol account has been hijacked/hacked. I have run both McAfee and a malware scan. Any other recommendations? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/email-hack-question/7d8c657a-d6dd-48ff-8498-f6a0fa11d8b0
  6. Setting up email - registrar admin contact email question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Setting up email - registrar admin contact email question: Hello, I have a question related to this post. but some change.https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/set-up-email-in-the-mail-app-for-windows-10-7ff79e8b-439b-4b47-8ff9-3f9a33166c60I got a domain setup and am using it with the site. The reason being that I would have a...
  7. "Email a code" settings question

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    "Email a code" settings question: A few days ago, for some reason Windows asked me to provide my PIN to prove it was me, after I'd already been logged in for a while; never had this happen before, looked around online, saw some others have had this issue in the past and somebody suggested verifying the...
  8. Email Question

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Email Question: Dear Microsoft Community, I have a spare Windows 10 PC that I use for ecommerce tasks and a shipping label printer. I am using the Mail app and I would like to know if the below actions can be done automatically. Email received with attachment/attachments labels >...
  9. Email question

in Browsers and Email
    Email question: We finally got a new Dell computer and installed MS Office 2010 using my old CD. The problem we now have is the older version of Home Office does not include Outlook [img] . The Office 2010 email program is the absolute minimum and certainly is not what we need (for contact...
  10. Email connection question

in Browsers and Email
    Email connection question: Windows 10 Home (X64) Version 1703 I have used comcast.net server and Windows Live Mail for years. Just recently WLM stopped making a connection and delivered an error report. I had a chat with a Comcast agent and reviewed all my settings but no improvement. Thinking that...