Windows 10: Email settings

Discus and support Email settings in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I am using the free Outlook and I have two main email accounts one with Hotmail and one with my provider. Now I set these up when I first got into 10... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by ICIT2LOL, Aug 30, 2017.

1. ICIT2LOL Win User

Email settings

I am using the free Outlook and I have two main email accounts one with Hotmail and one with my provider.
    Now I set these up when I first got into 10 and everything seemed to be working ok before my ISP email kept flicking up notices that the settings were out of date and just this morning same thing with my Hotmail account.

Now as this is my main line of communicating with just about everything I am a bit concerned that it is going to come to a screeching halt in which case apart from one machine still with 7 on it I shall be left high and dry.

Now the messages have said go into settings and then what I have no idea because Hotmail is listed there but not my other email I do have a Gmail account that I don't use a lot but I would like to get this sorted out before it falls in a heap.

I do have Thunderbird but prefer not to use it unless I have to. Just as a by the by I am using the beta Outlook which has a better GUI if that has anything to do with it.

Any help would be appreciated though I am getting a bit tired of some of the 10 OS requiring updating this and that all the time.

:)

ICIT2LOL, Aug 30, 2017

2. Windows 10 freezes when trying to backup a system image or when doing a chkdsk.

I have a c drive which is an ssd and a d drive which is a hdd.

The ssd back up works fine. A backup or chkdsk of the hdd freezes. What can I do to fix the problem?

Talita's Email, Aug 30, 2017
  3. Email settings

I am trying to re-set up my email account on my windows phone. However when i go to the settings page and enter my details the option for 'sign in' is not lighting up. So i am not able to proceed to the next step.

Any advise?

BhavanaRao, Aug 30, 2017
  4. Berton Win User

Email settings

Free Outlook???? That would be nice to have but Outlook is part of Microsoft Office suite or available as a stand-alone program, costs about $110 to $150USD. Thanks to Microsoft's propensity to reuse names there is a free Outlook.com which may eventually replace Hotmail.com, I use both with different E-Mail Accounts in addition to the E-Mail/Webmail on my Domain provided by the Hosting Service and the Webmail provided by my ISP.

Berton, Aug 30, 2017
  5. ICIT2LOL Win User
    Hello Berton mate I have Sign in to your Microsoft account when I go into Edge as a set opening page see pic the https doesn't appear until you click in the address bar.

Have been using this for some time now on all machines 7 and 10 in the red squares are the addresses of my two other accounts which will not download anything the top one being my ISP and I have had that account for many years. But I cannot find how to get the settings 10 keeps telling me are not right - updated. However I did while I was waiting for a reply get the Hotmail message again and clicked on it and it is set now because it just wanted a confirmation of my Microsoft password.

I shall try that when the ISP account message comes up again and see if that works.
    As a by the by the free version does have ads at the right hand side strip which I use an Ad Blocker for it gives you a little less space for the message and reply but not so much it is unacceptable.

ICIT2LOL, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Email settings

1. Email settings - Similar Threads - Email settings

2. Epson Scan Smart: You cannot send the email confirm the settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Epson Scan Smart: You cannot send the email confirm the settings: I've been using Epson Scan Smart with no issues on Windows 10 ever since the program was released. Recently, I've upgraded to Windows 11 and when trying to use Epson Scan Smart and attaching the scan to an email reference point, an error message, "You cannot send the email...
  3. Epson Scan Smart: You cannot send the email confirm the settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Epson Scan Smart: You cannot send the email confirm the settings: I've been using Epson Scan Smart with no issues on Windows 10 ever since the program was released. Recently, I've upgraded to Windows 11 and when trying to use Epson Scan Smart and attaching the scan to an email reference point, an error message, "You cannot send the email...
  4. When I set up my desktop I had a typo in the email which now setting up my new laptop I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I set up my desktop I had a typo in the email which now setting up my new laptop I...: When I set up my desktop, I had a typo in the email which now setting up my new laptop I noticed instead of @icloud.com I have @icoud.com is there any way to get it fixed?I cannot verify my current email on my desktop as that is the one that has the typo....
  5. When I set up my desktop I had a typo in the email which now setting up my new laptop I...

When I set up my desktop I had a typo in the email which now setting up my new laptop I...: When I set up my desktop, I had a typo in the email which now setting up my new laptop I noticed instead of @icloud.com I have @icoud.com is there any way to get it fixed?I cannot verify my current email on my desktop as that is the one that has the typo....
  6. Cant change security settings without access to recovery email

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant change security settings without access to recovery email: I have a main outlook account which i have access to with email and password. This account is associated to a recovery email. Which is an old hotmail account of mine. This recovery email is the only way to verify my identity, no phone, no 2fa. I do not have access to this old...
  7. Cant change security settings without access to recovery email

Cant change security settings without access to recovery email: I have a main outlook account which i have access to with email and password. This account is associated to a recovery email. Which is an old hotmail account of mine. This recovery email is the only way to verify my identity, no phone, no 2fa. I do not have access to this old...
  8. How to set email font, new Outlook

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to set email font, new Outlook: How does one set the default font for emails composed in the new Outlook? Help gives the answer "Go to File > Options > Mail > Stationery and Fonts..."But there is no "File" in the new Outlook! I've also looked at the Windows options and outlook.live.com/mail etc. and can't...
  9. How to set email font, new Outlook

How to set email font, new Outlook: How does one set the default font for emails composed in the new Outlook? Help gives the answer "Go to File > Options > Mail > Stationery and Fonts..."But there is no "File" in the new Outlook! I've also looked at the Windows options and outlook.live.com/mail etc. and can't...
  10. How to set email font, new Outlook

in Windows 10 Customization