Windows 10: Email & Spam Increasing

Discus and support Email & Spam Increasing in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hello all, I have had yahoo as my search engine, email etc and about 3 to 4 weeks ago, I started to see an increase in my email and most are spam.... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by rjordan393, Aug 31, 2016.

1. Email & Spam Increasing

Hello all,
    I have had yahoo as my search engine, email etc and about 3 to 4 weeks ago, I started to see an increase in my email and most are spam. When I check my spam folder, it has increased much more. I once counted 22 letters of spam. I think these spammers are getting my internet address from places like Ebay , Amazon, and other online sellers.
    So is there something I can do on my yahoo account to eliminate or minimize this unwanted traffic?
    I have been using the block feature but there's always more to take their place.

:)

rjordan393, Aug 31, 2016

2. increase of spam email

Is there a setting that's causing this and can it be corrected?

Yes...

This appears to be purely advertising led.

You will also notice that there IS SPONSORED ADVERTISING at the top of your email, which
    DON'T offer you the option to delete UNLESS YOU SUBSCRIBE TO AD FREE AND PAY €¥$£

Not your phone, you could try anonymous browsing but unsubscribing is your best bet.

This may generate a sent item which is. IMO best managed by creating a spam deleted folder.

It will decrease as fast as it increased

Philip Anderson's Mother's Son, Aug 31, 2016
  3. kanswers Win User
    increase of spam email

Just got a Nokia Lumia 635 about 10 days ago and have noticed a dramatic increase in spam email to my yahoo account.

My yahoo email is linked to my windows phone.

Is there a setting that's causing this and can it be corrected?

Appreciate any help.

kanswers, Aug 31, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Email & Spam Increasing

Hi, can only speak for Pop3 email.. i.e. received, processed and stored on my PC. That way I handle multiple accounts, all processed via one freeware spam filter program which applies rules and allows me to block addresses.

dalchina, Aug 31, 2016
  5. Levi15 Win User
    Thanks for sharing this question. I didn't know using pop3 emails has benefits. Which one do you use? Is Mozilla Thunderbird a good one?

Levi15, Aug 31, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    Hi, yes, Thunderbird.. MS forced me away after Outlook Express and Win Mail disappeared with their 'now you have one now you don't here's a different one' policy on clients - I wanted sthg so I could easily transfer email rules contacts etc from one PC to another, not MS's nightmare of spraying data all over the place.

First I use Pop peeper - freeware/commercial- in confunction with Spamihilator (freeware).
    Pop peeper can periodically/manually scan say 8 email accounts in a couple of seconds, show me how many new emails there are in my notification area, let me view, delete them, reply (via Thunderbird).

I then use Thunderbird periodically - again with Spamihilator- to actually collect remaining messages from the server, and file them according to mail rules.

Thus I can search through 1000s of past emails quite quickly if i wish.

dalchina, Aug 31, 2016
  7. Thanks, I'll continue to use yahoo's block feature but I am not sure if its working properly.

rjordan393, Aug 31, 2016
  8. Manigue Win User

Email & Spam Increasing

Yes. In addition to "dalchina" reply; you can tell Thunderbird which emails are spam/junk and tag/flag them as such. With time you will see a reduction of junk mail delivered to your inbox.

Manigue, Aug 31, 2016
  9. dalchina New Member
    dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Email & Spam Increasing

1. Email & Spam Increasing - Similar Threads - Email Spam Increasing

2. emails, spam

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    emails, spam: getting scam emails everyday. Who can I forward then to for them to stop. Email does not have a place to say unsubscribe. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/emails-spam/a04ff310-e05e-4e38-a997-9a4533dfeda3
  3. emails, spam

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    emails, spam: getting scam emails everyday. Who can I forward then to for them to stop. Email does not have a place to say unsubscribe. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/emails-spam/a04ff310-e05e-4e38-a997-9a4533dfeda3
  4. emails, spam

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Spam Email

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Spam Email: Hello all!I was recently sent a spam email that says they have hacked all of my devices that I access my email from, and has access to all my search history. The person is threatening to publicly release lewd videos of me if I do not send them money over bitcoin. I have virus...
  6. SPAM EMAILS

SPAM EMAILS: What is with the spam emails coming from "onmicrosoft.com" they just don't stop. I will find an email address for your company and forward them all to you.I am retired so I have the time and patients to do this.Carl...
  7. Is this a spam email?

Is this a spam email?: Order request verificationDear customer,This email confirms your purchase of the following subscription: Order ID5478VP24021N8954Name of Application:Win VPN Adv ProSubscription Period2 YrsRenewal Price259.99Payment MethodAuto Debit from CC/DC/CAThe subscription period will...
  8. spam emails

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    spam emails: my account seems to have been hacked and im recieving thousands of spam emails, how can i get this to stop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spam-emails/b7540717-f311-420a-a42f-f3068e180734"
  9. spam emails

spam emails: I am new to Windows 10 and although it seems great and all, I have noticed that I have a ridiculous amount of spam in my emails albit mostly in my junk folder. I can't seem to find a way to report the spam that I'm getting. Is this a common problem? Any suggestions?...
  10. email spam

email spam: I am receiving about 40 emails a day from a company that seems to be a marketing agent for many other companies , over the weekend I received 69 ------the emails are advertisements for many well know companies such as terminix , adt ,quicken , etc------------------I never...