Windows 10: Email stopped working

Discus and support Email stopped working in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I haven't been able to send or receive messages in Outlook for a few days now. It started with a box popping up asking for my password several times.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by BarbaraStein_821, Mar 21, 2020.

1. Email stopped working

I haven't been able to send or receive messages in Outlook for a few days now. It started with a box popping up asking for my password several times. Then when I tried to send/receive I got this error message --

"Sending reported error 0x800CCC0F : The connection to the server was interrupted. If this problem continues, contact your server administrator or internet service provider ISP."

My ISP is Verizon, but they sent me to Yahoo online, where they kept telling me to try again later. Do you think this is some kind of server outage due to all the increased traffic or is it something I can fix here? Thanks for any light you may shed on this.

:)

BarbaraStein_821, Mar 21, 2020
  2. Mohan B P Win User

Email, contacts, store etc... stops to work

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows key + X key and select
      Command Prompt (Admin)
    • Type the following commands in the given order and press Enter
      key after each command.

1. net stop wuauserv

2. rename c:\windows\SoftwareDistribution softwaredistribution.old

3. net start wuauserv

• Restart the system and check if the issue is resolved.

After performing the above steps, I suggest you to try installing all the updates available for the system and check if it helps.

Hope the information helps. Kindly write back to us for further assistance on Windows. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan B P, Mar 21, 2020
  3. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Mar 21, 2020
  4. Email stopped working

Email, contacts, store etc... stops to work

Hi Thomas,

We regret for the inconvenience caused to you.

• One ordinary extra, is it you are saying that the 2nd user account the E-mail ID is working?

• If you try to login in Administrator account, does it shows any error notification?

• When you say installed the
      email accounts for 1 user
      , are you trying to say that, you have configured the email account on Windows 10 mail app?

• Is the email account stopped working on Windows 10 mail app? If yes, what is the error message you are getting?
    I suggest you to provide the detailed description of the issue, so that we will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

RiyazurRehman, Mar 21, 2020
Thema:

Email stopped working

1. Email stopped working - Similar Threads - Email stopped working

2. my email has stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my email has stopped working: My email address - *** Email address is removed for privacy *** has stopped working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-email-has-stopped-working/efe13964-be17-4009-b7e8-b29246f039b3
  3. my email has stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my email has stopped working: My email address - *** Email address is removed for privacy *** has stopped working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-email-has-stopped-working/efe13964-be17-4009-b7e8-b29246f039b3
  4. my email has stopped working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. email stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    email stopped working: I have an email that stopped working several day ago. other email with same domain are working fine. We use this email in three office computers with outlook and my cell phone. the email stopped working everywhere. on my office computer i delete email on outlook and i tried...
  6. email stopped working

email stopped working: I have an email that stopped working several day ago. other email with same domain are working fine. We use this email in three office computers with outlook and my cell phone. the email stopped working everywhere. on my office computer i delete email on outlook and i tried...
  7. Frontier email stopped working after MS update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Frontier email stopped working after MS update: I've had this laptop for two years and had no issues receiving/sending emails from my Frontier email account. In May of 2021, after an automatic MS update launched on my laptop, I could no longer access or send any new emails. The posted message states: we couldn't access...
  8. MY Outlook email stopped working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    MY Outlook email stopped working: Microsoft had an update on Dec 5,2020, after that my OUTLOOK email stopped working both incoming and out going please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-outlook-email-stopped-working/2524aab3-ff9c-4606-a80e-0af890195d0c
  9. stop email notifications

stop email notifications: how do I stop the email notifications and sounds? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stop-email-notifications/7edb2bf6-c1f6-4632-b94f-9bb7ac3e842d
  10. AOL Verizon email stopped working on Windows 10.

AOL Verizon email stopped working on Windows 10.: My AOL email account from Verizon stopped working three days ago on Windows 10. It still works fine on my Windows 7 and Android phone. Does anyone else have this problem? I've tried resetting, uninstalling and reinstalling, deleting and adding back my account. None of this...