Windows 10: Email sub/Folders I created not showing emails I "move" to them

Discus and support Email sub/Folders I created not showing emails I "move" to them in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have Yahoo Mail as an added Email account on the Mail and Calendar -Microsoft account which is loaded on my laptop. My Laptop is up to date on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by GinaW1, Apr 7, 2021.

1. GinaW1 Win User

Email sub/Folders I created not showing emails I "move" to them

I have Yahoo Mail as an added Email account on the Mail and Calendar -Microsoft account which is loaded on my laptop. My Laptop is up to date on Microsoft Updates, I have deleted and reinstalled Mail and Calendar, my internet has no issues, and I have rebooted my PC.

This happens VERY frequently:

When I click on a folder I created to view the emails I moved to the folder, there are no emails shown as being in the folder. If I log into my Yahoo mail account via website, they are all showing.

QUESTION - Why doesn't Mail and Calendar automatically and continually recognize all the emails I've moved into the su-folders I've created ?

When I am in a folder I created and I click on Sync This View, then wait about 2 mins, they begin to show up. I do not like having to constantly Sync to see all my emails. This is a software issue. Those emails should ALWAYS be shown as available. Once I Sync the view then they should remain in Sync and therefore I can retrieve them even if my internet is down.

Please fix this issue. It is annoying to have to continually Sync to retrieve all my emails in a folder. * I have over 10 folders and this happens to each of them.

Thank you

GW

:)

GinaW1, Apr 7, 2021

2. Sub folders created in email.

I have Microsoft email. I have created several folders to store emails I may need to retrieve. However, most of the emails I've moved to a different folder from the inbox have disappeared. How can I stop this happening, and retrieve previously stored
    emails?

Shirley McDermott, Apr 7, 2021
  3. Sandy2015 Win User
    how to create email folders in Windows 10

I have just double-checked to see how I did it. I right-clicked on an existing email folder and got the following drop-down list: Add to favourites, Create new sub-folder, Rename, Delete, Don't sync this folder, Pin to start. I clicked on Create new sub-folder
    and it appeared, ready to be named. It's very strange that you can't do it. I hope you manage to work it out somehow.

Sandy2015, Apr 7, 2021
  4. Email sub/Folders I created not showing emails I "move" to them

Wanted:Automated email program that monitors a folder

Does anyone know of a program that can be setup in Windows XP to monitor a specified folder and email any files that appear in that folder. Even better would be to email the text from within those files - but I think this may be asking too much.

EnglishLion, Apr 7, 2021
Thema:

Email sub/Folders I created not showing emails I "move" to them

1. Email sub/Folders I created not showing emails I "move" to them - Similar Threads - Email sub Folders

2. how to move email app folders and emails to another pc

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to move email app folders and emails to another pc: Hello.I would like to know how I can backup/copy my email from the windows 10 Mail app to another pcI have created folders in the Mail App with emails in them, but they are not actually stored on the email server because the folder contents are too big for the email server....
  3. how to move email app folders and emails to another pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to move email app folders and emails to another pc: Hello.I would like to know how I can backup/copy my email from the windows 10 Mail app to another pcI have created folders in the Mail App with emails in them, but they are not actually stored on the email server because the folder contents are too big for the email server....
  4. how to move email app folders and emails to another pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Moving files to a sub-folder

Moving files to a sub-folder: When I try to move a file from a folder to a sub-folder, it puts the file in the sub-folder, but remains in the original folder also. I've gone to Windows Explorer > View > Options > View > Folders > and reset the folder options to default but that does nothing. This must...
  6. Sub folders created in email.

Sub folders created in email.: I have Microsoft email. I have created several folders to store emails I may need to retrieve. However, most of the emails I've moved to a different folder from the inbox have disappeared. How can I stop this happening, and retrieve previously stored emails?...
  7. how to limit the number of emails in the folders I have created

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to limit the number of emails in the folders I have created: I keep emails in folders I have created. However, when I file the latest message in a folder from the inbox, I see many older messages which I do not need to see. How can I limit the number of messages?...
  8. Can I create a symlink to a folder, but exclude a sub-folder?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I create a symlink to a folder, but exclude a sub-folder?: TL;DR On COMPUTER-A I have a folder, with several files and sub-folders. COMPUTER-B is on the same network. On COMPUTER-B, can I add a symlink to the folder, but exclude one of the sub-folders? Hi all. I have a question about Windows symlinks. Here is my setup: I have two...
  9. Move emails to folder on windows 10

Move emails to folder on windows 10: Hi, I want to move emails to different folders by using rules. I am good in doing on winodws 7. Need help on doing the same for windows 10. Thanks, Praveen....
  10. Unable to create folders in email account.

Unable to create folders in email account.: I have two email accounts linked together in Window mail and only one has the option to add folders. What happen to the other one?...