Windows 10: Email Threat

Discus and support Email Threat in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I use Office 365. I recently received 3 threatening emails my computer has been hacked and I need to send $1000 in bit coin. They said they have all my... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Andrew Daivs, Mar 14, 2019 at 5:22 PM.

1. Email Threat

I use Office 365. I recently received 3 threatening emails my computer has been hacked and I need to send $1000 in bit coin. They said they have all my password and they can see I am reading their email through pixels. Is this spam, is it common, have you seen this before? Is it possible they are able to see my hard drive and passwords?

I changed my Office 365 password.

:)

Andrew Daivs, Mar 14, 2019 at 5:22 PM
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

3. MT Alex Win User

Embarrassingly, everyone on my email list received spam originating from my account, which is Yahoo based. A scan with MSE found two trojans, a Java/Rowindal.A and a Downloader:Java/OpenStream.W.

Are these the source of my unwanted email traffic? Would someone opening this email be infected with the same problems? Could there be more dangerous underlying threats.

Hell, I have quite a few high dollar clients in my list. I always treat people's addresses like they were unlisted numbers, and don't send frivolous "Hey how are ya" junk. This is mortifying.*Eek! Email Threat :eek:

4. Email Threat

1. Change your password.
    2. Change to Gmail.

TheMailMan78, Mar 14, 2019 at 5:30 PM
Thema:

Email Threat

1. Email Threat - Similar Threads - Email Threat

2. office 2013 to do emails disappear when emails are backed up

in Microsoft Office and 365
    office 2013 to do emails disappear when emails are backed up: hello, i had mmmmmany to do items in my emails... i have created a pst to back up those emails, unfortunately, all my todo items have disappeared from the task menu. i find it hard to believe they all went away! is there an option to reactivate them or something i need to...
  3. Text in email body in one sigle column

in Windows 10 Customization
    Text in email body in one sigle column: Hello Sometimes the text in in the reading pane in one single column. Is there a way to correct that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/text-in-email-body-in-one-sigle-column/aa6f5949-0150-4762-845a-e381684b990b
  4. why i they dont email me the product key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    why i they dont email me the product key: why they don't email me the product key after i ordered a windows 10 pro in microsoft store for activation it keep telling me to activate my windows but how? they don't send me the product key...
  5. How do I disable automatic sign into outlook/hotmail.com email account?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I disable automatic sign into outlook/hotmail.com email account?: How do I disable automatic sign into outlook/hotmail.com email account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-disable-automatic-sign-into/4cc97fd7-6197-4458-a8e7-6be94e045e42"
  6. fax from email or word or something?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    fax from email or word or something?: I know there is a way to send a fax without scanner... Does anyone know how or what program to use? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fax-from-email-or-word-or-something/9e4bd518-136c-4d7d-9422-cd6362af3ab7"
  7. email

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    email: I have windows 10. I'm using mircrosoft mail and calendar version 16005.11231.20192.0 I keep getting this prompt when I try to check my email "We’re updating Mail. It should be ready to use again shortly." It's not updating....
  8. Incorrect email entered when got new laptop. Windows 10 on a Lenovo

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Incorrect email entered when got new laptop. Windows 10 on a Lenovo: Hello, In setting up my new laptop, I put the incorrect email address in. It initially asked me for a pin number and now that has expired. I have tried every password I would use and its not working. Can't get into the laptop at all. I haven't even used it yet. Is...
  9. years of lost emails

years of lost emails: Hello, I have had this email account for so long. In either 2014 or 2015 you all did something and I lost all of my old emails. Were they archived somewhere? Heather...
  10. Hoax Email Bomb Threat Causes Alarm Across the US

Hoax Email Bomb Threat Causes Alarm Across the US: Hoax Email Bomb Threat Causes Alarm Across the US An email spammer sparked panic across the US on Thursday by sending bomb threats to people's inboxes in a scheme to collect Bitcoin. Hope you didn't get Hoaxed....