Windows 10: Email Threat

Discus and support Email Threat in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I use Office 365. I recently received 3 threatening emails my computer has been hacked and I need to send $1000 in bit coin. They said they have all my... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Andrew Daivs, Mar 14, 2019.

1. Email Threat

I use Office 365. I recently received 3 threatening emails my computer has been hacked and I need to send $1000 in bit coin. They said they have all my password and they can see I am reading their email through pixels. Is this spam, is it common, have you seen this before? Is it possible they are able to see my hard drive and passwords?

I changed my Office 365 password.

:)

Andrew Daivs, Mar 14, 2019
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, Mar 14, 2019
  3. MT Alex Win User

Embarrassingly, everyone on my email list received spam originating from my account, which is Yahoo based. A scan with MSE found two trojans, a Java/Rowindal.A and a Downloader:Java/OpenStream.W.

Are these the source of my unwanted email traffic? Would someone opening this email be infected with the same problems? Could there be more dangerous underlying threats.

Hell, I have quite a few high dollar clients in my list. I always treat people's addresses like they were unlisted numbers, and don't send frivolous "Hey how are ya" junk. This is mortifying.*Eek! Email Threat :eek:

MT Alex, Mar 14, 2019
  4. Email Threat

1. Change your password.
    2. Change to Gmail.

TheMailMan78, Mar 14, 2019
Thema:

Email Threat

1. Email Threat - Similar Threads - Email Threat

2. Bouncing emails

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bouncing emails: I use Microsoft Outlook. About a week ago my incoming emails starting bouncing back to senders "Permanent Error". I get the emails eventually but senders don't thing they are coming thru....
  3. Did not receive Windows 10 Pro key by email

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Did not receive Windows 10 Pro key by email: Good day .. Recently I purchased a Windows 10 Pro upgrade (from Home edition) for my laptop. The purchase went thru, but I didn't receive an activation key by email. Nor can I find it on my MS Store purchase log. How can I get this key?...
  4. How to 2 personal emails under the same user account?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How to 2 personal emails under the same user account?: Hello I use 2 emails regularly, I own several products on my older email that I don't on my newer one, but I can't add my email for the microsoft store. Basically, the email I use for Windows 10 is my primary email that I use now, but my secondary email (my older one) has...
  5. Need help creating a PIN for a Microsoft Email Account

in Browsers and Email
    Need help creating a PIN for a Microsoft Email Account: I have a second microsoft email account setup in Outlook (standalone app) and out of the blue today Windows Hello popped up and is asking me to verify the account with a PIN. To my knowledge this account account has never had a PIN. I've been going around in circles trying to...
  6. Unable To Archive Emails From Gmail Using MailStore.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable To Archive Emails From Gmail Using MailStore.: Hi, I'm trying to archive emails from gmail using mailstore home version.12 It keeps on coming up with ssl error, mailstore said to switch off content filtering pls assist on how. ive got windows 10 and am running avg thanks pedro ***Moved From: Windows 10/Security &...
  7. Unable To Archieve Emails From Gmail Using MailStore.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable To Archieve Emails From Gmail Using MailStore.: Hi, I'm trying to archive emails from gmail using mailstore home version.12 It keeps on coming up with ssl error, mailstore said to switch off content filtering pls assist on how. ive got windows 10 and am running avg thanks pedro ***Moved From: Windows 10/Security &...
  8. error message when scanning to email

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    error message when scanning to email: when I try to scan to email wit a hp2622 I get the error message "hp scan application is unable to open your email application, check email configuration email works ok, but I cannot find email stings for the scanner...
  9. email and security

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    email and security: It was brought to my attention that my email is not encrypted therefore is unsafe. I have had my email address for over 30 years, I cannot figure out how tm change my settings to make myself a non encrypted...
  10. Hoax Email Bomb Threat Causes Alarm Across the US

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Hoax Email Bomb Threat Causes Alarm Across the US: Hoax Email Bomb Threat Causes Alarm Across the US An email spammer sparked panic across the US on Thursday by sending bomb threats to people's inboxes in a scheme to collect Bitcoin. Hope you didn't get Hoaxed....