Windows 10: Email Threat

Discus and support Email Threat in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I use Office 365. I recently received 3 threatening emails my computer has been hacked and I need to send $1000 in bit coin. They said they have all my... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Andrew Daivs, Mar 14, 2019.

1. Email Threat

I use Office 365. I recently received 3 threatening emails my computer has been hacked and I need to send $1000 in bit coin. They said they have all my password and they can see I am reading their email through pixels. Is this spam, is it common, have you seen this before? Is it possible they are able to see my hard drive and passwords?

I changed my Office 365 password.

:)

Andrew Daivs, Mar 14, 2019
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, Mar 14, 2019
  3. MT Alex Win User

Embarrassingly, everyone on my email list received spam originating from my account, which is Yahoo based. A scan with MSE found two trojans, a Java/Rowindal.A and a Downloader:Java/OpenStream.W.

Are these the source of my unwanted email traffic? Would someone opening this email be infected with the same problems? Could there be more dangerous underlying threats.

Hell, I have quite a few high dollar clients in my list. I always treat people's addresses like they were unlisted numbers, and don't send frivolous "Hey how are ya" junk. This is mortifying.*Eek! Email Threat :eek:

MT Alex, Mar 14, 2019
  4. Email Threat

1. Change your password.
    2. Change to Gmail.

TheMailMan78, Mar 14, 2019
Thema:

Email Threat

1. Email Threat - Similar Threads - Email Threat

2. Loki Trojan found on PC and received threats via email.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Loki Trojan found on PC and received threats via email.: I have found Loki Trojan on my PC and received the below threat, what should I do and should I be concerned?*** Email address is removed for privacy *** 06/01/2024 18:40In case you didn't get last email. Pay attention now.You have used video call recently. And I have very...
  3. Loki Trojan found on PC and received threats via email.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Loki Trojan found on PC and received threats via email.: I have found Loki Trojan on my PC and received the below threat, what should I do and should I be concerned?*** Email address is removed for privacy *** 06/01/2024 18:40In case you didn't get last email. Pay attention now.You have used video call recently. And I have very...
  4. How can i turn off the email notifications "Microsoft defender found a threat etc."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can i turn off the email notifications "Microsoft defender found a threat etc.": The emails are useless, the notifications are incorrect, the "start action" doesn't work, etc.For now i just want to turn off the emails that are sent automaticallyThanks for your help...
  5. How can i turn off the email notifications "Microsoft defender found a threat etc."

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can i turn off the email notifications "Microsoft defender found a threat etc.": The emails are useless, the notifications are incorrect, the "start action" doesn't work, etc.For now i just want to turn off the emails that are sent automaticallyThanks for your help...
  6. How can i turn off the email notifications "Microsoft defender found a threat etc."

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Hacker threat received via email today, please advise? I am *** Email address is removed...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hacker threat received via email today, please advise? I am *** Email address is removed...: Please advise re the following. Thanks From: You've been HACKED <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***> Sent: Monday, August 24, 2020 1:02 PM To: You <You> Subject: Insecurity Be sure to read this message ! Your personal data is threatened. Insecurity - 825 !...
  8. I keep getting threats about deactivating my account. How can I tell if the email is...

I keep getting threats about deactivating my account. How can I tell if the email is...: I don't know any reason my account would be deactivated but for months I have been getting threats. How can I tell legitimate emails from hackers and why would my account be deactivated. If these are hackers how can I stop the emails....
  9. Getting email from hacker first a notification with confirmation then a threat of recieving...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Getting email from hacker first a notification with confirmation then a threat of recieving...: Had two emails which ihave only just noticed one stating a norification confirmation and then the other threatening to share my face cause i watched a p**n video. Its really freaked me out and has made a demand to send money on bitcoi . I need help please. Im really scared....
  10. Hoax Email Bomb Threat Causes Alarm Across the US

Hoax Email Bomb Threat Causes Alarm Across the US: Hoax Email Bomb Threat Causes Alarm Across the US An email spammer sparked panic across the US on Thursday by sending bomb threats to people's inboxes in a scheme to collect Bitcoin. Hope you didn't get Hoaxed....