Windows 10: Email used to create Microsoft account permanently associated with it?

Discus and support Email used to create Microsoft account permanently associated with it? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; A few months ago, I decided to use another email address with my Microsoft account. I linked it, made it the primary alias, and I deleted the original... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by crawfish, Nov 5, 2018.

1. crawfish Win User

Email used to create Microsoft account permanently associated with it?

A few months ago, I decided to use another email address with my Microsoft account. I linked it, made it the primary alias, and I deleted the original email address, the one I used to create the account, I think back in the live.com days (2013, anyway). When I go to "Your Info" on the account.microsoft.com/profile web site, I see only the new email address in the "Profile" tab. I click on "Manage how you sign in to Microsoft," and it's the only Account Alias listed. Great, right?

However, back on the "Your Info" page, there is the enigmatic "Contact info" link to the right of "Profile." I click on it, and my original email address is the only email under "These email addresses are associated with your Microsoft account, including the best place to reach you, and how you sign in." In particular, the primary alias is nowhere to be found. There's no way to change it, as "Manage this email address" takes me back to "Manage how you sign in to Microsoft," where the new email address is the only Account Alias listed, as I mentioned above. When I click on "Change sign-in preferences," only my new email address is listed, it's grayed out, and the only button on the page is Cancel.

So this "Contact info" part of Microsoft is fixated on my original email address, and I can't change it. I don't know what it's used for, and I don't monitor it anymore, so it's a problem.

Any ideas?

:)

crawfish, Nov 5, 2018
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, Nov 5, 2018
  3. Remove personal Microsoft account and only use Office 365 & associated email

Hi,

To remove your Microsoft account without restoring your computer, you can follow the steps below:

• Click Start, and then click Settings.
    • Click Accounts and select Your email and accounts.
    • Click on the account that you want to remove.
    • Click Delete account and data confirmation.

If you will delete the account and it's data, you will be unable to use the data and the files associated to the same account.

Let us know how it goes.

Wilfred Mac, Nov 5, 2018
  4. Email used to create Microsoft account permanently associated with it?

Windows 10: Remove the Comcast email account associated with Microsoft account and associate a different email account

Hi Trish,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Let me answer your query regarding Microsoft account.

Are you referring to the Microsoft account that you used to sign-in to the computer? Do you want to remove the Comcast email account associated with Microsoft account and associate a different email account?

If yes, please be informed that you cannot switch the email account associated to a Microsoft account, i.e., you need to create a new Microsoft account (with different email account) and sign-in.

First, To convert the Microsoft account to local account, you can do the following:

1. Sign in to your Microsoft account on Windows 10.

2. Click Start and then Settings.

3. Click Accounts and Sign in with a local account instead.

4. Enter your Microsoft account's password, and click on Next.

5. Type in a Username, Password, and Password Hint that you want to set for your Local account and click Next. Click on Sign
    out and Finish button.

Now you may sign-up for a new Microsoft account (using new email account) by following the below article.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-za/windows-live/sign-up-create-account-how

Now again switch your account from local user account to new Microsoft account (which you created by associating a new email account) by following the below link.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-za/windows-10/getstarted-microsoft-account

Hope the information helps, do reply if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepak Kodi, Nov 5, 2018
Thema:

Email used to create Microsoft account permanently associated with it?

1. Email used to create Microsoft account permanently associated with it? - Similar Threads - Email used create

2. Changing email associated with account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing email associated with account: What happens if I change my email address on my primary and only account? I’ve added and verified the new email, but I’m concerned that something unexpected might happen when I lose my current email I’ve no option to keep it as my ISP will delete it...
  3. Changing email associated with account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing email associated with account: What happens if I change my email address on my primary and only account? I’ve added and verified the new email, but I’m concerned that something unexpected might happen when I lose my current email I’ve no option to keep it as my ISP will delete it...
  4. Changing email associated with account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Change email associated with Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change email associated with Microsoft account: Hi,Last night when logging on to my PC I accidentally clicked on 'forgot password'. There were no issues as I simply clicked cancel and continued. However, I did notice that the re-set information was going to be sent to an old email address that I no longer use and which...
  6. Change email associated with Microsoft account

Change email associated with Microsoft account: Hi,Last night when logging on to my PC I accidentally clicked on 'forgot password'. There were no issues as I simply clicked cancel and continued. However, I did notice that the re-set information was going to be sent to an old email address that I no longer use and which...
  7. Change email associated with Microsoft account

8. create an email association

create an email association: When I try to forward photos I downloaded of friends from Facebook, I right click and select "send to email recipient", then I get a message saying "You need to create an email association" **** why doesn't the stupid pc use what I always use? It shouldn't be MY job and it...
  9. creating association to email document

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    creating association to email document: Im trying to email a scanned document, and though I have email, I need to create an association in the default program for it to work. I don't know how to do that. Help Please?...
  10. create/ associate a windows account with work email

create/ associate a windows account with work email: So I have Matlab under a work license for my work email, so I was wondering if I could add that (organizational non hotmail) email to my microsoft/ personal computer account so I can use matlab from home at least I think thats the reason I can't seem to think of anything...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can i use a comcast email to set up a ms account