Windows 10: Email used to create Microsoft account permanently associated with it?

Discus and support Email used to create Microsoft account permanently associated with it? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; A few months ago, I decided to use another email address with my Microsoft account. I linked it, made it the primary alias, and I deleted the original... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by crawfish, Nov 5, 2018.

1. crawfish Win User

Email used to create Microsoft account permanently associated with it?

A few months ago, I decided to use another email address with my Microsoft account. I linked it, made it the primary alias, and I deleted the original email address, the one I used to create the account, I think back in the live.com days (2013, anyway). When I go to "Your Info" on the account.microsoft.com/profile web site, I see only the new email address in the "Profile" tab. I click on "Manage how you sign in to Microsoft," and it's the only Account Alias listed. Great, right?

However, back on the "Your Info" page, there is the enigmatic "Contact info" link to the right of "Profile." I click on it, and my original email address is the only email under "These email addresses are associated with your Microsoft account, including the best place to reach you, and how you sign in." In particular, the primary alias is nowhere to be found. There's no way to change it, as "Manage this email address" takes me back to "Manage how you sign in to Microsoft," where the new email address is the only Account Alias listed, as I mentioned above. When I click on "Change sign-in preferences," only my new email address is listed, it's grayed out, and the only button on the page is Cancel.

So this "Contact info" part of Microsoft is fixated on my original email address, and I can't change it. I don't know what it's used for, and I don't monitor it anymore, so it's a problem.

Any ideas?

:)

crawfish, Nov 5, 2018
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, Nov 5, 2018
  3. Remove personal Microsoft account and only use Office 365 & associated email

Hi,

To remove your Microsoft account without restoring your computer, you can follow the steps below:

• Click Start, and then click Settings.
    • Click Accounts and select Your email and accounts.
    • Click on the account that you want to remove.
    • Click Delete account and data confirmation.

If you will delete the account and it's data, you will be unable to use the data and the files associated to the same account.

Let us know how it goes.

Wilfred Mac, Nov 5, 2018
  4. Email used to create Microsoft account permanently associated with it?

Windows 10: Remove the Comcast email account associated with Microsoft account and associate a different email account

Hi Trish,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Let me answer your query regarding Microsoft account.

Are you referring to the Microsoft account that you used to sign-in to the computer? Do you want to remove the Comcast email account associated with Microsoft account and associate a different email account?

If yes, please be informed that you cannot switch the email account associated to a Microsoft account, i.e., you need to create a new Microsoft account (with different email account) and sign-in.

First, To convert the Microsoft account to local account, you can do the following:

1. Sign in to your Microsoft account on Windows 10.

2. Click Start and then Settings.

3. Click Accounts and Sign in with a local account instead.

4. Enter your Microsoft account's password, and click on Next.

5. Type in a Username, Password, and Password Hint that you want to set for your Local account and click Next. Click on Sign
    out and Finish button.

Now you may sign-up for a new Microsoft account (using new email account) by following the below article.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-za/windows-live/sign-up-create-account-how

Now again switch your account from local user account to new Microsoft account (which you created by associating a new email account) by following the below link.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-za/windows-10/getstarted-microsoft-account

Hope the information helps, do reply if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepak Kodi, Nov 5, 2018
Thema:

Email used to create Microsoft account permanently associated with it?

1. Email used to create Microsoft account permanently associated with it? - Similar Threads - Email used create

2. Need help creating a PIN for a Microsoft Email Account

in Browsers and Email
    Need help creating a PIN for a Microsoft Email Account: I have a second microsoft email account setup in Outlook (standalone app) and out of the blue today Windows Hello popped up and is asking me to verify the account with a PIN. To my knowledge this account account has never had a PIN. I've been going around in circles trying to...
  3. creating a windows 10 account using a mypostoffice.co.uk email account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    creating a windows 10 account using a mypostoffice.co.uk email account: Hi, I am giving my laptop to my parents to replace their old one. They have a mypostoffice.co.uk email address. I have run the reset option and my laptop is now all ready to set up. I am asked to give an email address to set it up. If I give my @live.co.uk email address...
  4. change local account username associated with a microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Customization
    change local account username associated with a microsoft account?: My first name is "Mathew". On all my windows 10 devices, I prefer to login using my microsoft account. (*** Email address is removed for privacy ***) On all of these devices, the default local user name is always "mathe", missing the "w". My home directory is...
  5. change email used for 'Microsoft Account'

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    change email used for 'Microsoft Account': lost password for the gmail used to login into 'Microsoft Account' guess this account goes to sites like live.com how change email? cant find it anywhere 126256
  6. change email used for 'Microsoft Account'

in Windows 10 Support
    change email used for 'Microsoft Account': lost password for the gmail used to login into 'Microsoft Account' guess this account goes to sites like live.com how change email? cant find it anywhere 126256
  7. Admin account created on hacked email

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Admin account created on hacked email: Hi, my computer has been setup on an account that was hacked. How do I change the settings to link to my new account and password and not the old one? Thanks...
  8. Default email association using Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Default email association using Windows 10: I have already set the default setting in the app, I used the recommended setting, but when I try to email a document I always get a message stating that there is no default email program association. Where do I go to fix this problem? Thanks for any help....
  9. No email associates ?

in Browsers and Email
    No email associates ?: Win 10 Home, 10586.318 Default browser : IE11 WLM 2012 I have been receiving this for a few weeks now. See screenshot at the end. Does anyone have a clue what is it about ? *** Other than the message, all my 2 email accounts are working as they should. *** I am...
  10. Change the Microsoft account associated with a logon?

in Windows 10 Support
    Change the Microsoft account associated with a logon?: So we setup a MS account for my daughter, using her email address, but accidentally put in my birthdate so it got created as an adult account. This means I can't add the account to my "Family" so I can setup parental controls. According to Microsoft, there is no way to change...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can i use a comcast email to set up a ms account