Windows 10: Email used with more than one account

Discus and support Email used with more than one account in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello,Since some days, when I try to connect to answers.microsoft.com, I see a page telling me: "It looks like this email is used with more than one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by YuGiOhJCJ, Jan 29, 2022.

1. YuGiOhJCJ Win User

Email used with more than one account

Hello,Since some days, when I try to connect to answers.microsoft.com, I see a page telling me: "It looks like this email is used with more than one account from Microsoft. Which one do you want to use?".If I select the 1st choice "Work or school account", it is a failure.If I select the 2nd choice "Personal account", it is a success.So, I don't want to see this page asking me to select an account.I would like to remove the 1st choice because it is useless.Only the 2nd choice is my account.How to do that please?Thank you.Best regards.

:)

YuGiOhJCJ, Jan 29, 2022
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, Jan 29, 2022
  3. email account hacked. please help

Then I suggest you use it.

TheMailMan78, Jan 29, 2022
  4. Email used with more than one account

email account hacked. please help

Also may I suggest you change email accounts to one of the following.....

Gmail
    Outlook

The reason is they both use "Step two verification". This style of verification means even if a hacker gets your password they cannot log in to your account. You see every time someone try's to log in that hasn't been verified you will get a text or a phone call giving you a final code to log in. Its very easy and simple to setup also. The great thing is once you setup your Email application with a specific "application password" from that account you never have to log in again AND your account is protected from being logged in from foreign entities.

I like the new outlook personally however Gmail is also damn good. Gmail also has an IP tracker that allows you to see WHERE the account has been logged in from. Anyway let us know if you wanna change over and have any questions. We will be happy to help and welcome to TPU!

TheMailMan78, Jan 29, 2022
Thema:

Email used with more than one account

1. Email used with more than one account - Similar Threads - Email used more

2. Email used with more than one account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Email used with more than one account: Hello,Since some days, when I try to connect to answers.microsoft.com, I see a page telling me: "It looks like this email is used with more than one account from Microsoft. Which one do you want to use?".If I select the 1st choice "Work or school account", it is a failure.If...
  3. Email used with more than one account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Email used with more than one account: Hello,Since some days, when I try to connect to answers.microsoft.com, I see a page telling me: "It looks like this email is used with more than one account from Microsoft. Which one do you want to use?".If I select the 1st choice "Work or school account", it is a failure.If...
  4. more than one MBR

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    more than one MBR: My OS disk boots from start on in XP. Still need that OS as my UMAX 2200 scanner is only fully supported by XP drivers. Later on bought W7 ultimate and installed it as multiboot. EasyBCD does the trick. No problem. Runs both. Had to upgrade to W10. As W10 tells me how to run...
  5. emailing someone with more than one email address

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    emailing someone with more than one email address: I recently switched to using windows email. I am a teacher. It is not uncommon to have to email both parents separately. I have each email address under the child's name. However, when I try to create a new email, it only allows me to choose one. It never gives me the...
  6. More than One Email Account on Outlook 2013 on a pc with Windows 10

More than One Email Account on Outlook 2013 on a pc with Windows 10: I recently upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 I installed my old Outlook Home & Business 2013, where I had my email accounts. On windows 7, I had a Main email account on Outlook, then added a second email account. Even though I had two accounts, I was able to...
  7. One license for more than one versions.

One license for more than one versions.: I got a laptop with pre installedWin 10 pro Education. It is about two weeks ago I went to perform factory restore for my DELL laptop So when I run the OS recovery tool of DELL It gave me an option to download Windows 10 Professional . As my Factory restore image I got...
  8. Personal email address used with more than one account

Personal email address used with more than one account: For the last few weeks I've been trying to solve why when I sign in to Microsoft online services with my personal email address I am met with the following message: It looks like this email address is being used with more than one account from Microsoft. Which one do you...
  9. OK to use File History for more than one account on same external drive?

OK to use File History for more than one account on same external drive?: We are considering creating two backups of each of our two computers. We have two external hard drives, but we're not sure if we need four! Will File History create backups for two different computers on the same external hard drive?...
  10. Anyone using "Updates from more than one place"?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Anyone using "Updates from more than one place"?: Anyone using "Updates from more than one place"? What are the Pros and Cons? EDIT: Build 10240. On the Updates options. 8548